• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Pennypacker
    Hello all,
    I was fortunate enough to attend in '07, and though it was nothing compared to when they played Toronto in '83 (from what I've been told), I was happy enough to witness Dave take control of the crowd, and fuckin own the night!
    Welcome fellow GTA'er.

Saw the '07 shows as well as the RIM private show. Saw the CVH shows back in the day @ M.L.G./'80/'81(front row)/'82/'84... '07 couldn't compare ,but great to see the VH sisters figured out and saw for themselves who the only one who can truely front VH...

Roth on !
    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 03-22-2009, 12:09 AM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Pennypacker
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Welcome fellow GTA'er.

Saw the '07 shows as well as the RIM private show. Saw the CVH shows back in the day @ M.L.G./'80/'81(front row)/'82/'84... '07 couldn't compare ,but great to see the VH sisters figured out and saw for themselves who the only one who can truely front VH...

Roth on !
      How were those shows back in the early 80's, any memories?

What made them so different?

Damn I wish I grew up in the 80's. I missed out!

Comment

• Thorman
        Commando
        • Apr 2005

I've been reading around the forum and apparently no one likes you. I'd loved to know the reasons why. Anyone?

Its ok, your still higher than Thorman on my list. Can't stand that guy.
        Wow, your a little pissy aint ya! I dont come in here talking smack like a lot of people. If you want to talk about Roth go to a Roth site or better yet grab a magazine from the early 80's and you'll find he was in the band until the formation of CVH. Dude, lest we not forget!

Bam

Ill say it again cause you may be hard of hearing

BAM
        http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Thorman, go fuck yourself.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Hey, who kissed my tit?
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Pennypacker
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Angel
              Thorman, go fuck yourself.
              There's no point in arguing with this clown, so I guess thats the easiest way to put it.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

I've been reading around the forum and apparently no one likes you. I'd loved to know the reasons why. Anyone?

Its ok, your still higher than Thorman on my list. Can't stand that guy.
                You've made me think about something.What's wrong in my life that I waste
                the amount of time I do trying to get people I don't even know to like me.
                Who cares if they like me or not.I must be really bored.But then again I
                have no life .But I don't post near as much as others.What does that say about them?What's lacking in their lives? That being said.Enjoy posting.
                But don't take this shit too serious.I'm gonna find another outlet for my
                boredom.I've still got TV.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

How were those shows back in the early 80's, any memories?
                  Amazing,rowdy,crazy. VH played with reckless abandon. The shows were a major fucking party scene with Dave as the host and the band providing the soundtrack. There was no guvernor on the band, it was full on party time.
                  I remember that by the time they hit it big with 1984 ,I thought they were a little bit too MTV for me .But I enjoyed it nontheless.
                  I remember the celebratory madness that spilled out into Carlton and College St. . People climbing on cars,Traffic completely stopped by drunken rowdy fan chanting "Ha-len,Ha-len,Ha-len" , Buying bootleg concert shirts off of dudes selling them out of the trunks of their cars for 10 bucks. I still have one from 1980. The thing is as thin as cheesecloth , but I still keep it around..
                  Ya had ta be there! ...

What made them so different?
                  NO Sammy Hagar !...
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Pennypacker
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                    Amazing,rowdy,crazy. VH played with reckless abandon. The shows were a major fucking party scene with Dave as the host and the band providing the soundtrack. There was no guvernor on the band, it was full on party time.
                    I remember that by the time they hit it big with 1984 ,I thought they were a little bit too MTV for me .But I enjoyed it nontheless.
                    I remember the celebratory madness that spilled out into Carlton and College St. . People climbing on cars,Traffic completely stopped by drunken rowdy fan chanting "Ha-len,Ha-len,Ha-len" , Buying bootleg concert shirts off of dudes selling them out of the trunks of their cars for 10 bucks. I still have one from 1980. The thing is as thin as cheesecloth , but I still keep it around..
                    Ya had ta be there! ...
                    Yeah, my experience at the ACC in '07 was similar to yours from the 80s lol. Obviously not as rowdy and crazy as the crowd at this show consisted of anyone from ages 9 to 79. I swear these group of kids in front of us couldn't have been no more than 12. Besides the ridiculous $40 tour shirts (which I bought 2) and $12 beers, I had a great time lol.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

I must be getting slow in my old age. I only just now realized that your avatar is actually the source artwork for the GnR Use Your Illusion albums. Compounding this, I'm currently reading Stephen Davis' mistake-filled bio of the band, "Watch You Bleed". (A definite must-NOT-read if there ever was one.) As a result, you'd think I'd be a bit more on the ball, even if by accident.
                      Last edited by chefcraig; 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Pennypacker
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        I must be getting slow in my old age. I only just now realized that your avatar is actually the source artwork for the GnR Use Your Illusion albums. Compounding this, I'm currently reading Stephen Davis' mistake-filled bio of the band, "Watch You Bleed". (A definite must-NOT-read if there ever was one.) As a result, you'd think I'd be a bit more on the ball, even if by accident.
                        haha yeah I think Blaze noticed it also. Such great albums. Illusion II ranks just behind VHII for my favourite albums. I actually got that "Watch You Bleed" biography also. Only through the first couple chapters, and again, just like everyone else, Axl is seen as an inconsiderate, piece of shit, which I completely disagree to a certain extent. Choosing this artwork for those great albums just shows the genius of Axl Rose . (Can't wait for everyone to rip on me after saying that haha)

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

"Watch You Bleed" is a bizarre book. This is by the same guy that wrote some tabloid-like bios on Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, yet he manages to get the facts wrong about those very bands, as well as making some howling mistakes about other artists. It makes you question just exactly what he managed to get correct about GnR.

The book literally is made up of quotes from magazines and VH-1's "Behind The Music". No one in the band was interviewed. And the oddest thing about it is this underlying contempt that Davis seems to feel for the band, as if he feels the need to bite the hand that he is sucking off of.

I'm almost through with it, yet I truly wish I'd never picked it up.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Pennypacker
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2009

Have you checked out the Slash Autobiography?

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

The Slash autobiography is one of the best I've ever read. There is an honesty at work throughout the work, and a willingness to meet the tough issues head on. This is a stark reversal of the usual trend in these books, the tendancy to gloss over uncomfortable chapters in one's life. The recent "works" of Eric Clapton and Ronnie Wood are full of this type of avoidance. And the outright lies or drunken memories are at times absurd. For instance, Wood remembers sitting in an office with Peter Grant, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham, wherein he was being offered the guitarist's position for Led Zeppelin. HUH?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

haha yeah I think Blaze noticed it also. Such great albums. Illusion II ranks just behind VHII for my favourite albums. I actually got that "Watch You Bleed" biography also. Only through the first couple chapters, and again, just like everyone else, Axl is seen as an inconsiderate, piece of shit, which I completely disagree to a certain extent. Choosing this artwork for those great albums just shows the genius of Axl Rose . (Can't wait for everyone to rip on me after saying that haha)
                                You can't deny Axl "had" talent.
                                Not sure he still does.
                                But he had no self control.
                                Always acting the bad ass with his 6 inch biceps.
                                Pissing off his fans by coming on the stage late.
                                I've read a few of these books about bands.
                                Hammer of the Gods , Sympathy from (or for) the Devil( The Stones book ).
                                Not sure about that title.
                                At least two Jim Morrison/ Doors books.
                                They didn't pass judgement on their subjects.
                                Just stories without opinion.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...