Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Sugar is a big industry where I live. Real sugar from cane pressed in 100 year old mills.

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Nobody is ever going to confuse sugar for health food, but the bottom line with any carbohydrate is that the more refined it is, the less likely it is that your mortal bodies are going to be able to do anything useful with it. And the HFCS is the worst of those, not to mention it comes from a GMO source, and uses toxins in the processing.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
          Do you like Earl Grey tea and Tim Tams when you're stoned? I do.
          What the fuck's Tim Tams? [googling] Oh damn those look pretty good.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
            No, it's Dr Peppers. Do you like Earl Grey tea and Tim Tams when you're stoned? I do.
            A succubus that I dated a few years back got me briefly hooked on Apple Jacks cereal with vanilla ice cream for post-bong munchies.

Oddly appropriate for the wake & bakers.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Yeah OD, everyone who tries Tim Tams loves 'em!

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                I bought some glass bottle pepsi this week at the gas station that appears to be bottled in US but had sugar instead of the HFCS. Like mexipepsi but with a fancy bottle. Yummy.

I'm sorry but I just wish it was still the 70s. What wasn't better then? Video games... ok ANYTHING else at all??
                If it was still the 70s, than we wouldn't have gotten THIS.

How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

well.... except for the fact that half of that album was written in the 70s.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                    I bought some glass bottle pepsi this week at the gas station that appears to be bottled in US but had sugar instead of the HFCS. Like mexipepsi but with a fancy bottle.
                    Yep... the glass bottle Pepsi is at my local neighborhood store as well. The bottles are similar to that "Pepsi Natural" stuff that they put out a few years back, that tasted more like liquid brown sugar than Pepsi.

They also have Mountain Dew in green glass bottles, with a 70s/80s label on it.

Curiously enough, neither bottle says "throwback" on it. Maybe they figured that the glass bottle should be enough of a clue that it's "old school". Tastes better than the cans or the plastic bottles though, so let's hope they keep making it.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      It sounds like something that would give you the shits.
                      That apple stuff's not bad. There's a tortilla store/taqueria a couple miles down the road that sells them. They also have MexiCoke in 16 oz glass bottles, which I haven't seen anywhere else (the 12 oz bottles are easy enough to find now, of course)
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Pepsi's bi-polar love hate relationship with sugar continues, with a great new cola..

The black can variety hasn't reached Hell yet, so I don't know whether this is more like the "Throwback" Pepsi, or that "Natural" stuff they had out in glass bottles a few years back that tasted more like liquid brown sugar than anything else.

The Ginger flavor is most unholy indeed. Haven't tried it as a mixer yet, but I'll bet it would go fantastic with rum or tequila.

Think I'll take some of this over to Kim Jong Il's Bulgogi BBQ Restaurant. It would mix great with Korean food.....

Comment

Working...