Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    I will be monitoring this thread because I still remember how good old Dr pepper tasted. That shit was the bomb. I will hoard the stuff if I ever get my hands on any. If anyone in the Tampa bay area sees it please keep me posted.
    You should take a trip to Texas sometime. The old Dr Pepper is readily available here, and after you're done seeing all the sights you can stock up on Dublin Dr Pepper before you head for home.

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've read somewhere that there's also a bottling plant in North Carolina that produces the old Dr Pepper and the old Mountain Dew.

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The West Jefferson, NC Dr Pepper bottling plant, to be exact.

Check out all the different cane sugar sweetened soft drinks that are available there.
        Last edited by Little Texan; 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ford, have you ever tried the Mexican versions of Fanta and Sprite? Some of the gas stations and Mexican stores around here sell it, and they taste totally different than the American versions! They are so much better than the American HFCS shit. I've never been a big fan of Sprite, but I liked the Mexican version!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Only get the Mexican Coke up this way. Haven't seen any other Mexi-pops here. Except for Jarritos, which can be found in the Mexican food section of any grocery store pretty much. It's also in the glass bottles though, so I buy one every once in a while. Some flavors are better than others.

A few years ago when some friends of mine returned from China they had some 7-UP they bought in Hong Kong, which of course had sugar in it. That was the best fucking can of 7 UP I had since the 80's. Since Dr Pepper and 7 UP are now the same company, I'm hoping that's the next brand to go with sugar. The corn poison is simply intolerable in anything fruit flavored.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I would rather drink a beer than a soda pop.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I would rather drink a beer than a soda pop.
                Well, I got a thread for that too!

Meanwhile..... the Pepsi and Mtn Dew have arrived in FORD Country. No Dr Pepper sighting yet, unfortunately.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

I like the Pepsi over the Dew, but they both taste better without the syrup. Nothing but Jones Cola over the holidays, and that's out of stock now.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

All soda in Heaven hath cane sugar. I would never turn water into HFCS.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Still no Dr. Pepper sightings in FORD Country, but I found another good cane sugar soda....

INGREDIENTS: carbonated water, cane sugar, marion blackberry, blackcurrant and boysenberry juices (from concentrates), natural flavors, maltodextrin, citric acid, pectin, sodium benzoate, honey, fruit and vegetable juice for color.

So why do they call it "Marion Berry" soda when there are other berry juices in it?

Because the shit is so good it's like liquid CRACK, that's why!
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Forgot about this thread.

What's weird is I was almost soda free until the little market right by my house started carrying the Mexican Coke. Now, I'm hooked again.

I don't care what anyone says but there's something about soda in plastic bottles (nevermind the HFCS) that makes it taste horrible!!! I love the coke in the glass bottles with the real sugar. Tastes soooooo fucking good.

Also, I agree about Jones sodas. They're delicious. Anyone tasted their new pure cola yet? I've seen it advertised but haven't had it. I'll bet it rocks.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

GOT SOME!!! I loaded the war wagon down with Dew and Pepsi. I feel like such a nerd, but I'm set!

I went apeshit and bough a 12 of Dr Pepper, too....I don't even like it.

I actually have to agree with max. I picked up 1 20oz. bottle of Pepsi from the GasHole and I was not pleased. I'm sticking to the cans.

You have so many variations of Pepsi it's not funny...Pepsi one, Diet Pepsi, regular Pepsi, caffiene free Pepsi....I can't figure out why the fuck they cant make Throwback on a regular basis. People want it.

Comment

• Candy Girl

Originally posted by Little Texan
                            I've read somewhere that there's also a bottling plant in North Carolina that produces the old Dr Pepper and the old Mountain Dew.
                            Been there. Never checked out the Dr Pepper or Dew. I was after the grape and orange Nehi in glass bottles.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep

You have so many variations of Pepsi it's not funny...Pepsi one, Diet Pepsi, regular Pepsi, caffiene free Pepsi....I can't figure out why the fuck they cant make Throwback on a regular basis. People want it.
                              The MonSatan/ADM corn lobby is very powerful in this country. Pepsi and Coke - definitely if they both did it at the same time - might be the only companies big enough to be able to give them the collective corporate finger and get away with it. Damned if I know what's stopping them. Now would probably be the best time of the year to put pressure on them though, because both companies go into sugar recipie production mode for the Passover edition anyway. Might be the best time to just convert everything back to sugar permanently.

Then the next battle would be to drop the useless plastic bottles. Call it a "green" issue, and its another moneymaker for them.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                The MonSatan/ADM corn lobby is very powerful in this country. Pepsi and Coke - definitely if they both did it at the same time - might be the only companies big enough to be able to give them the collective corporate finger and get away with it. Damned if I know what's stopping them. Now would probably be the best time of the year to put pressure on them though, because both companies go into sugar recipie production mode for the Passover edition anyway. Might be the best time to just convert everything back to sugar permanently.

Then the next battle would be to drop the useless plastic bottles. Call it a "green" issue, and its another moneymaker for them.

I've read about plastic bottles with just water in them pulling out dangerous elements from the plastic.
                                If that's true I can't imagine how much more that would be the case if you have soda which is basically acid. That said I remember how great soda used to taste and the no HFCS versions would have a higher demand if more people knew about it.

Comment

Working...