Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

About 4 years ago I was in central northern missouri and I happened to be inside the last -Pepsi "Glass" Bottle Distribution Plant- left in the United States.
    They were closing that year. Glass has to be cleaned collected washed you know..... plastic will kill people, but it is cheaper to manufacture...ble blla you know..... buyer beware.

I asked if i could have one and was directed to the employee lounge....

Original formula Pepsi in those tiny 10 oz bottles -GLASS- and inside the plant it is free, from one of those old .... vertical row open the glass door pull the bottle out by the sharp metal bottle cap cut your finger old style gas station machines.

I swear to you it was the finest soft drink I have ever tasted and I am not a Pepsi guy.

I would pay extra for the Artisan Style Retro products....Artisan style.??????....perhaps I would pay extra for things made the way they should be...

I did find a pop the other day that was made with pure cane sugar a ...cream soda, good stuff.

Here is what the label said, Water, Cane Sugar, Vanila...that was all.

I got such a woody I almost stole it thinking it was from god.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Glass bottles definitely make it taste better. That's why I'll pay twice the price for the Mexican Coke. I don't buy anything in plastic bottles when I can help it.

Wish Pepsi would include the glass as part of their retro-marketing. If not, I'll probably go with the cans. Aluminum beats plastic.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        I don't think they use high fructose corn poison anywhere else, so it wouldn't be necessary.
        Different name out here apparently... "isoglucose".

Can't say if it's used or not, at the moment.
        Last edited by Coyote; 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM.
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Glass bottles definitely make it taste better. That's why I'll pay twice the price for the Mexican Coke. I don't buy anything in plastic bottles when I can help it.

Wish Pepsi would include the glass as part of their retro-marketing. If not, I'll probably go with the cans. Aluminum beats plastic.

...and aluminum still sucks...

Everybody was exicted here years ago when we finally got beer in cans.

Worse thing that could of ever happened IMO...

Cans cool quickly but you can not beat a bottled beer right out of a cooler full of ice and ice water.

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

They -The Them- you know...?

Spray the inside of the cans with Polyurethene the same stuff on your hardwood floors..only it probably is without the addition of aluminum oxide or lead oxide for added durability...lol
            To: separate the product from contact with aluminum and thus no "tinnny" taste is emparted to the beverage.

completely innert when converted to the plastic.after the vehicle has evaporated off it still can degrade but outgassing is null.

The toxicity is time based for a certain shelf life to FDA Standards...I wouldn't drink from a 2 year old plastic beverage..lol

I know they do it for beer but I suspect it is a wide spread practice.

The only non-glass I drink out of other than glass, is 1/4 inch thick "hard" Rigid... plastic glasses like in my cabinet, I have one... 16 oz clear one. Ice water on the deck drinking glass......... booze or beer goes in glass silica only.

I would rather die of thirst than drink bottled water from those wiggly soft thin evian ...or whatever bottles .

The "liberal jagg offs" (unthinking trend chasers.) have made the plastic more biodegradeable to save the planet all the while you all are digesting pre degraded /advanced degraded plastic petro chemicals.

Jogging for health at the bussiest intersection in town at rush hr sukking in more petro and poison than a lead mine worker does in a year.While sukking on a gloppy pool of semidegraded vinyl and H2O.

They would probably be better off shoving it up thier ASS!

A polymer is a polymer in chunky shards... in the land fill... or wet semi digraded pools of poly snot...I can tell you wich one is better for our world but no-one listens....

It won't kill you. Plastics has saved this world and made it safer and more livable ,but I wish people could see trash floating in the river is no different than the trash container they are shoving whatever in.. whatever hole they shove it in.

I will never forget River Pheonix shooting Heroin and Coke in his arm but standing up for PETA and declaring how healthy you would be without Red Meat in your diet like he did.

Sad to say, him dead, in a pool of his own ego, vomit and rot made me laugh.

My apologies to his family.

There is a special place in Hell for people like me. for that comment........

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, aluminum definitely isn't as good as glass. Grew up in a household where all the beer and pop in the house was in cans. The reasons were purely economic - my dad worked for the can company.

Now that he's retired I only see bottled beer in his refrigerator. Go figure
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

He you guys wanna make a million bucks lets invent glass beverage containers single serving... that are stackable.... it's all about shipping and storage...hmmmm
                re-design the bottle....silica is silica.......natural....

shhh....our little secret........

must preserve presciuos body fluids.......clear water......grain alcohol......

Now excuse me I have run out of ciggaretts and idealistic moral condemnation.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Glass bottles are stackable..... or at least they are when they're in cardboard boxes.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• thome
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Mar 2005

I heard they trace check for aluminum, in some part of the brain during autopsy ...when attempting to determine the diagnosis of ahlzhiemers..(sp)

A family member of mine went thru that and I think that was what was done. I wasn't real close, but listened in on a few conversations..?

I seriously doubt plastic or aluminum beverage ingestion is the world main issue.
                    We can determine what we prefer for our own tastes....mine are biggoted.

I will normaly drink the closest beverage to me even if it comes out of a radiator...... from a junkyard 32 Ford.

I also LOVE Ramen Noodles in the Styrefoam Cup with 5 days worth of salt in it.With those tiny little shrimp...mmmmm

I just don't dig people legislating me into believing a bunch of bunk BS.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I've heard about the possibility of a connection between aluminum and alzheimers. There may be something to it, which is why I don't drink out of cans very often.

But as I said, my dad worked in the industry for over 30 years, and he's pushing 78 with a memory probably better than mine, so I take that as a good sign that the connection isn't all that conclusive.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I almost always get cans rather than plastic bottles. It's not about taste it's about temperature, plastic bottles won't get as cool in the fridge.

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                          Is there such thing as good jack?

I was spoiled on Crown Royal...and not the blended version I see at the Duty Free shops either...
                          Thanks for the endearing background concerning your brushes with maple leaf liquor. I guess we'll all just start chugging plastic bottle bourbon while you nurse slow-dripping nectar from non-blended sources!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Man, I wish stoff would post more.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I almost always get cans rather than plastic bottles. It's not about taste it's about temperature, plastic bottles won't get as cool in the fridge.
                              Someday Scotland will discover ice, and your troubles will be over....

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yet another reason to avoid HFCS like the plague.

Comment

Working...