Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottydabodi
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Randy vs Eddie... wow... I gotta go with Ed. Ed revolutionized guitar playing second only to Hendrix. "Eruption" turned the entire guitar playing universe UPSIDE DOWN with it's innovations in tone, technique, and attitude. The tapping thing was brought to the spotlight by Ed, not by anyone else, even though others had done it before him. Even though Ed spent 2 decades suckin, his work in the late 70's-early 80's cannot be comapred to. Anyone who played rock guitar in that era, existed in Ed's long shadow. If Eddie would've died in 1984, well, I don't know if he'd be as regarded as Hendrix, but pretty fucking CLOSE. Sorry Randy, but them's the facts... and besides, I like Jake E. Lee better than Randy as a player anyways.... Sorry that's how I see it! Also, F Zakk.
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Comment

• ModernDayWarior
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2004

It's kinda unfair to pick one over the other. Yeah Eddie came out with a release first, but I love Rhoads just as much. Those 2 Ozzy albums are impeccable man. Randy had an awesome style and I don't get how some people can call him an Eddie clone. I think their styles are totally different. Even when Randy tapped, he did it in his own style. Eddie does have a bigger body of work so really he does win by default.

Comment

Working...