X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Gene Simmons is an Asshole !

Today on MMM Rock Radio in Sydney, They had Gene Simmons as their special lunchtime guest. It was mainly to promote his new solo album and especially the song "Asshole".

Well the DJ decided to play an old Kiss song, and Gene got mighty pissed off. He said, this was meant to be about me and my new single.
    And walked out of the show.. WTF ?? The guy is a dickhead... The show was a lunchtime filler, what the hell was the DJ meant to play ??
    For the record he did play Asshole and other new Solo stuff. Any other Aussies hear this ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Gene's still alive?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Gene's still alive?
      LMFAO!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

His career isnt that's for damn sure.

Comment

• alexpgrimes
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Does Ed play on this??? The title fits....lol
          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Sarge
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

That guy is a greedy dickhead!
            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
              His career isnt that's for damn sure.
              Aint that the truth..

Comment

• PHOENIX
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Why didnt you Aussies feed him to the Crocodiles?

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                  Why didnt you Aussies feed him to the Crocodiles?
                  Wouldn't that be cruelty to animals
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

A Jewish Donald Trump Mini Me + the follicles of Steven Wright - condoms as a business expense = The Gorilla Grod of Thunder and Plunder.

Mezro...I like Gene..even when he holds up the grocery store line clipping coupons
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• gslinger
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2004

No Gene = No Van Halen, besides he likes Valerie........per his website.
                      <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                      "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                      </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                      <center>
                      "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                      <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Bassist Simmons Denies Anti-Muslim Remarks

TOKYO (AP) — Kiss bassist Gene Simmons, who sparked outrage in Australia after making comments seen as anti-Muslim, said Friday he was speaking only of "extremists" and that his remarks were taken out of context.

"I was asked about extremists," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And that's what I was talking about — only extremists."

Simmons sparked outrage when Kiss toured Australia earlier this month with comments seen as attacking Islam.

"This is a vile culture and if you think for a second that it's willing to just live in the sands of God's armpit you've got another thing coming," Simmons said during an interview on Melbourne's 3AW radio. "They want to come and live right where you live and they think that you're evil."

He also hit Islam as sexist, saying its culture treated women worse than dogs.

"You can send your dog to school to learn tricks, sit, beg, do all that stuff — none of the women have that advantage," the 54-year-old said.

Angry Muslims flooded the radio station with calls, furious over Simmons' comments.

Kiss began a five-concert tour of Japan this week, and is scheduled to kick off a U.S. tour in San Antonio, Texas on June 10.

Comment

• johnburrows
                          Roadie
                          • Aug 2004

Gene Rules

What's wrong with that? Gene went to promote his solo work, not KISS. Come on, give 'em a break... one break coming up!

Who dis?

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Well, I sorta agree...he was there to promote the solo album and not be kept up with old Kiss songs on the rotation...however, any promotion is generally good promotion. I can understand him being somewhat upset about it, but storming out of the studios might have been taking it a bit far. While the song was playing and they were off air, he should have spoken to the DJ and said something along the lines of "Hey...I'm here to talk about and play songs off my new album, not retread Kiss classic. Let's just keep it at doing "Asshole" songs and talking about that, OK?". I'm sure the DJ would have probably been fine with that.

As far as the extremist Islam comments, extremist Islams are like that...so long as he wasn't painting them ALL with a broad brush, I have no complaints with what he said.

Granted, I'm not a fundamentalist Islamic, either. But if someone said "Christians are greedy asshole terrorists" on the radio I wouldn't be calling up raging, either. It's just a case of people getting up in arms about nothing.

This world would rotate a hell of lot smoother if people would just chill the fuck out for about five minutes and not take everyone's personal opinion as a personal attack on themselves
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• lms2

Storming out of the studio was a publicity stunt. Got ya talking didn't it.

Haven't heard the new song. Wonder if it could be the theme song for Chelle's asshole thread?

Aren't all Aussies extremists. (just kidding )

Comment

Working...