Van Halen or Mammoth : Gentlemen of Leisure 1974 (Maybe even 73')

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Van Halen or Mammoth : Gentlemen of Leisure 1974 (Maybe even 73')

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaQlqK_QJBg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaQlqK_QJBg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was just posted on youtube...
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Awesome !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Man Edward really cooked back then
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Sounds like it could be a leftover from the Fair Warning sessions...
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• katie
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          Sounds like it could be a leftover from the Fair Warning sessions...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This is an outtake from an album from VHI to the Fair Waring period...

Comment

• DFVH5150
              Groupie
              • Apr 2004

'78-'81? I thought it was proven right from the start that it's a '74 demo
              Dave
              VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DFVH5150
                '78-'81? I thought it was proven right from the start that it's a '74 demo
                Probably from the Gene Simmons Demo.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Not really sure if this will shed some light on the issue but...........there's a few people over at this link that post here and other VH forums......here's what they say about this song. Link
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

That's pre-Simmons demo era...

I don't know how some of you can't tell that...

I've had an MP3 of that song for years, although this recording sounds better, but it's the same version...

BTW, they had Michael Anthony before they had Dave, so it's definately Michael, plus i can tell by hearing it who it is...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      BTW, they had Michael Anthony before they had Dave, so it's definately Michael, plus i can tell by hearing it who it is...

Wrong. Mark Stone was the bass player in the band for quite a while after Dave joined. In fact, it was Stone who played bass on the band's first demo recorded at Cherokee Studios. That's where the original versions of "Take Your Whiskey Home" and "Simple Rhyme" were recorded, along with "Angel Eyes", but that was just Dave & Ed on acoustic.
                      Last edited by FORD; 04-24-2009, 10:37 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I stand corrected, but I still say this is pre-Simmons and Michael Anthony, because most of the Mark Stone stuff I've ever heard were live covers and really old sounding...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This song might actually BE from the Cherokee Studios demo. If I remember correctly it was 4 songs. The three I previously mentioned and I can't remember the other one. It wasn't a song that ended up on any album though. But the other songs from that demo don't seem as muddled as the song above, with Alex being almost inaudible.

As a matter of fact, I just found the demo for "Take Your Whiskey Home". This is definitely the early demo with Stone on bass and NOT from the WACF sessions as it is labeled on You Tube.....

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ah6qY7CepJE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ah6qY7CepJE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And here's "Simple Rhyme" from that demo....... (NOT from 76)

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jOUqG4Wi354&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jOUqG4Wi354&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Or not? Maybe Sobolewski IS on this one?
                            Last edited by FORD; 04-24-2009, 10:34 PM.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Angel Eyes though, I'm sure was only recorded this once. Closest thing to a cheese ballad that Van HALEN ever did, and still sounds cooler than anything Hagar wrote......

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FyO0mGwCdaY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FyO0mGwCdaY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...