Fidel Castro: Obama 'misinterpreted' Raul's words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FORD View Post
    It's inevitable that we will "make things good" - or at least better - with Cuba. Fidel is on his death bed and out of power. Raul won't be the permanent guy as he's no spring chicken himself, and he seems somewhat more open to change, "misquoted" or not. Obama may well be the US president in office when it happens, and hopefully he will handle it well. But it never could happen under a BCE administration, because no Castro is going to talk to the BCE, for obvious reasons.
    If someone ever invents a time machine, Ford gets first crack so he can sit down with Prescott. I'll buy the transcript and a T-shirt....

Comment

..I'll tape the gun to the toilet.

Comment

Make sure to ask permission to use the bathroom first...

Comment

Everyone must have thought this through a bit. It's either true naivete on Obama's part or brilliant strategy. Hard to tell at this point.

If it is naivete, he probably took Cuba for a loop. I think he said things Raul wasn't truly prepared for, which prompted Fidel to clarify to preserve the status quo. I think Raul's remarks were a fishing trip. He was surprised perhaps to find a fish.

If it was strategy, it is brilliant. Opens up the idea of letting Cuba "back in the fold", which would call into question Cuba's Russian gambit entirely. Leaves more questions for Cuba to respond to the Russians over.

Cheaper than "forward projection" of power in these lean times.

Just not sure whether he meant it as strategy as I feel Chavez schooled him in terms of spin.

Comment

Until the Castros are dead and gone, and for a few years thereafter, Cuba will remain the Cuba as we know it...Obama isn't going to smooth talk then into his pocket, as he may very well think...

And judging by Fidel's comments (if they are in fact, his), he still has quite a bit of mental clarity, probably because in Cuba, they don't drink flouride and take vaccines for everything...

Comment

So the lack of Colgate with flouride is helping his foreign policy mental clarity?

Comment

There have been much wilder theories floating around this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                  Well the problem with the 6 Republicans is that they were all BCE. And it's the BCE who's had the personal grudge with Castro. Seems that old Nazi Prescott Bush Sr. was making a good chunk of money off of Cuban sugar plantations under the Batista regime and that's why the CIA, specifically Poppy took such an interest in trying to fuck with Castro. Bay of Pigs failed, but Poppy spent years keeping the radical Cuban right wing alive in Miami, and when he moved north to DC, he turned those operations over to Jeb. Of course the BCE "agricultural imports" business also operated out of Miami. But that's a whole different subject.
                  Time to retire the BCE crap Ford... in this example it makes you look fanatically stupid and quite shorthanded in the objectivity zone...

Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford & Regan had nothing rooted in your little Bush conspiracy camp in regards to adminsitration or State dept policy towards Cuba.

If your beloved Democrats were so fucking great... explain why relations with Cuba stayed firmly planted in the status-quo zone during the Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton administrations..?

Did grandma Bush have a BCE cattle-prod shoved up their asses too?
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by swage33 View Post
                    Man, this is so much bullshit. Ford, who is totally devoid of convictions and principles projects his perspective on everyone else in the world. Is it so far fetched that good people didn't want to validate a government that treats it's people the way communist governments do?
                    So I guess we'll boycott Wal-Mart and never buy an American flag or borrow Trillions of dollars to fund unjustified wars.
                    All made possible by a Communist Country with a horrible human rights track record, You Know China.

You really are an idiot.
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by kwame k View Post
                      So I guess we'll boycott Wal-Mart and never buy an American flag or borrow Trillions of dollars to fund unjustified wars.
                      All made possible by a Communist Country with a horrible human rights track record, You Know China.

You really are an idiot.

I will refer to the Made In USA thread NickD started. Still some things to be found, albeit much harder than during our grandparents youth.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Originally posted by LoungeMachine View Post
                        And STOLE Gitmo from them.....

Naw, we rent that.

Comment

The best thing the US could do would be to unilaterally remove the sanctions and kill Cuban communism with our consumer goods. In a few years, you'd have a multiparty gov't there...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                            Naw, we rent that.
                            LMAO

Yes, much like we're only flopping on Iraq's couch for a few nights....

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Originally posted by sadaist View Post
                              I will refer to the Made In USA thread NickD started. Still some things to be found, albeit much harder than during our grandparents youth.

Agreed. The point is, we are in bed with a Communist Country and are beholden to them. We have a partnership with them. Yes, if we fail they fail but saying we take the high road and boycott a Communist Country because of how they treat their people is a joke.
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Just send 'em some free Chinese crap and free poison chinese / american food and they'll shut up...

Comment

Working...
                                X