Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool rare Elvis song - Cool rare pics too...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool rare Elvis song - Cool rare pics too...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zk4eQTVNTaw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zk4eQTVNTaw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've been listening to Elvis since I was 4 years old. I even like the Vegas Elvis stuff, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ELVIS posting ELVIS is kinda weird isn't it?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Aloha from Hawaii has to be the greatest concert I've ever seen (obviously I wasnt there or alive when it happened) and I prefer the rehearsal concert. Voice was so strong especially on songs like American Trilogy, What Now My Love, Its Over, Can't Help Falling In Love etc.. I found the VHS Aloha in my basement, watched it over 200 times at least, and have recently bought the Vinyl.

My uncle happens to be an ETA, Jay Zanier. He was ranked 7th in the 1st ETA competition in Memphis.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Aloha from Hawaii has to be the greatest concert I've ever seen (obviously I wasnt there or alive when it happened) and I prefer the rehearsal concert. Voice was so strong especially on songs like American Trilogy, What Now My Love, Its Over, Can't Help Falling In Love etc.. I found the VHS Aloha in my basement, watched it over 200 times at least, and have recently bought the Vinyl.
    I remember watching that as a kid in the early seventies. The next day at school, everyone was talking about the incredible, long haired drummer (Ronnie Tutt). From that one tv showing, Tutt managed to influence an entire generation of players with his powerful drumming. Amazing stuff. Elvis was pretty much near the top of his game then.

If you can find it, pick up the two disc DVD re-release that came out a few years ago. It includes a wealth of bonus material, including the rehearsal and some tracks left off the original release.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And while you're buying Elvis DVD's, be sure to get the Three DVD 68 Comeback Special box set. It's amazing how much material they actually recorded to make a one hour TV show. And the stuff that didn't make the network cut is just as good as the stuff that did. Or actually better, in some cases. I thought the sets with Elvis and his original trio from the Sun Records days were far superior to the production numbers myself, but then I always preferred the raw rockabilly Elvis to the Vegas/Hollywood Elvis.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    If you can find it, pick up the two disc DVD re-release that came out a few years ago. It includes a wealth of bonus material, including the rehearsal and some tracks left off the original release.
    Were you talking about this one...

I saw it at HMV last week,$54.99, told my bro to buy it for me for my bday

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    ELVIS posting ELVIS is kinda weird isn't it?
    Nothing wrong with a little self promotion. Speaking of which, Elvis, any chance you have that tune in a download able format?
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Nothing wrong with a little self promotion. Speaking of which, Elvis, any chance you have that tune in a download able format?
    You could always use the FlashGot plugin for Firefox, which will grab Youtube vids, and pretty much any other video that gets embedded here or elsewhere.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember watching that as a kid in the early seventies. The next day at school, everyone was talking about the incredible, long haired drummer (Ronnie Tutt). From that one tv showing, Tutt managed to influence an entire generation of players with his powerful drumming. Amazing stuff. Elvis was pretty much near the top of his game then.

Great fucking drummer! I remember watching that special, too. If I remember correctly, that was the first time I ever heard of something being broadcast via satellite. I'm sure that wasn't the first thing ever........ The Beatles did 'All You Need Is Love' but that was the first time I ever heard of satellite broadcast.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Great fucking drummer! I remember watching that special, too. If I remember correctly, that was the first time I ever heard of something being broadcast via satellite. I'm sure that wasn't the first thing ever........ The Beatles did 'All You Need Is Love' but that was the first time I ever heard of satellite broadcast.
    "All You Need Is Love" was part of "Our World" which was the first worldwide satellite broadcast. But it was 19 seperate performances from different countries, where the Elvis "Aloha from Hawaii" was the first actual live concert broadcast live by satellite to the whole world.

So there's the difference. One was a coordinated series of events (though still impressive for 1967) the other a single live show.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    "All You Need Is Love" was part of "Our World" which was the first worldwide satellite broadcast. But it was 19 seperate performances from different countries, where the Elvis "Aloha from Hawaii" was the first actual live concert broadcast live by satellite to the whole world.

So there's the difference. One was a coordinated series of events (though still impressive for 1967) the other a single live show.

Thanks FORD, I was too lazy to look it up

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now remember I am pulling this all from memory, from the actual broadcast. There was some commenter saying stuff about the satellite transmission and I seem to remember Elvis coming in a helicopter. God, I have to go buy this fucking thing.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From what I recall, it wasn't actually live here in the continental U.S. For one reason or another, it was shown some three or four months after the rest of the planet saw it.

Were you talking about this one...
    I saw it at HMV last week,$54.99, told my bro to buy it for me for my bday
    Yep. You can get it for around 19 bucks or so at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Aloha-Ha.../dp/B00025L4JO
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04-23-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Well, first time I ever heard it, but I will do some looking around...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Nice!

Just finished ordering it

I also grabbed the Elvis Lives DVD, the 25th anniversary concert they put on in 2002. Alot of songs from Aloha are done, with the living members of his original band. Both cost me $48 together, and HMV wanted $55 for one of them.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice!

Just finished ordering it

I also grabbed the Elvis Lives DVD, the 25th anniversary concert they put on in 2002. Alot of songs from Aloha are done, with the living members of his original band. Both cost me $48 together, and HMV wanted $55 for one of them.

Nice score Penny! Next payday this is on my list.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You never know when a thread is gonna get hits...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkRuq8sz-I8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461c a&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkRuq8sz-I8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461c a&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh...and check out the drums at the end of that...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always liked this song cranked...

Is it just me, or does this kinda sound like Skynyrd with Elvis singing ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkzZfMdL__o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkzZfMdL__o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Elvis or The Beatles....

Elvis!!

The '68 special made everybody sit up and take notes!

Another frontman who always had a great guitar player.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Want more rare King ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpW4sEpPp9E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpW4sEpPp9E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was glued to the tv for the Aloha special. What a killer performance. I will never forget watching that.

I now own the deluxe edition dvd, as well as the 68 comeback special box set. You get a lot of great extras on these things.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    Some awesome vocals on that last verse, and the opening in the gold jacket with the band looks killer!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

By the way, big thanks to the guy that started this thread by posting that Danny O'Keefe tune. Nicely done.

For myself, I side with FORD in preferring the early, hard rockin' Elvis. Hell, even John Lennon has been quoted as saying (when greeted with the news of Presley's death in 1977) "Elvis died when he went in the Army."

The thing is, I was still a young, impressionable kid when I saw that Hawaii show, and would not make such grown up determinations about personal preference until over a decade and a half later.

Crap, the guy could have sang with Led Zeppelin. If you think I'm kidding, I have several hours worth of Zep boots where the band covers the man's tunes. Jimmy Page maintains the first song that got him interested in the guitar was Presley's "Baby, Let's Play House" (with Scotty Moore on lead guitar).

Yep, Elvis was special. No, most of us never got to the "embossed dinner plate collectible" level of admiration for the guy, yet perhaps that's a blessing in and of itself.

The guy quite simply is still..."The King".
    Last edited by chefcraig; 04-24-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    C'mon Everybody

The King had moves, as well...

He dances similar to Jackie Wilson, I think...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And a great cover of "Trouble" from the "Evil Elvis" himself......

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR1w7A4Sb4c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR1w7A4Sb4c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course the early Elvis was the best...

Even Paul McCartney and Hendrix both cite "early Elvis" as a main influence...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If FORD can post that, I can post this...

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJFXH2O-b30&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd 01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJFXH2O-b30&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd 01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One more of these...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wr7DHo1pBF0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wr7DHo1pBF0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking

OK...fine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNSSpXapks0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNSSpXapks0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/16LI4TUucW4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/16LI4TUucW4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another one from Glenn Danzig, The "Evil Elvis". This isn't actually an Elvis cover at all, but it sounds like it could have been recorded at Presley's Memphis 1969 sessions.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6EieqgGA-8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6 &border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6EieqgGA-8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6 &border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's from Less Than Zero?

My fave "evil Elvis impersonation"..
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_kehhT_qQU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_kehhT_qQU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By the way, big thanks to the guy that started this thread by posting that Danny O'Keefe tune. Nicely done.

For myself, I side with FORD in preferring the early, hard rockin' Elvis. Hell, even John Lennon has been quoted as saying (when greeted with the news of Presley's death in 1977) "Elvis died when he went in the Army."
    Well then John Lennon died when he married Yoko OhNo.I can't Imagine why he would say that.

I can appreciate Elvis up to '72 or 3.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcJac6OykfM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcJac6OykfM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The beginning of this is aggravating, but this is cool...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgkLKUR4BSI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgkLKUR4BSI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who wrote this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ox1Tore9nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ox1Tore9nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    THE END
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hr8VEcbSw48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hr8VEcbSw48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Rbegc_nOGQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Rbegc_nOGQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Thread Information