X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

My question is, who can beat Jon Jones?

Before Rashad Evans is undeservedly rushed in for a title shot, I personaly want to see Machida get a shot first.

I almost forgot...Captain Brian Stann is looking pretty impressive in the Middleweight division, isn't he?

Full Fight here
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Rampage Jackson and Jon Jones in talks for title fight in September

Quinton Jackson will get the chance to do something he hasn’t been able to do in almost three years, fight for the title. Verbal agreements are in place for a Jon Jones vs. Rampage Jackson UFC championship fight targeted for September at UFC 135.

The news comes just days after Rampage dominated Matt Hamill at UFC 130, winning a unanimous decision in three rounds. UFC president Dana White indicated prior to the fight that Jackson and Lyoto Machida were in line for the next opportunity to fight Bones Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title. Jackson’s win over Hamill and previous victory over Machida put the wheels in fast motion to make this fight a reality.

Most would assume that the Jones vs. Rampage championship fight would go down at UFC 135 on September 24. The event is tentatively scheduled to take place in Denver, CO. However, UFC commentator Joe Rogan said on a recent podcast that Rampage vs. Jones would actually take place on September 17.

Read more

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Not sure if Rampage deserves a shot before Machida...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

....but as close as the fight was between the 2, I can live with it.

FIGHT

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

I'll buy that one, I think Jackson has a shot but Jones is nasty in the cage.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Rampage is tough. He can take a lot of punishment and still finish you. Jones looks unstoppable right now. Both of them beat Hamill, although Jones got DQ'd for 12 to 6 elbows..he was beating him so bad, the ref wouldn't stop it, and he wasn't sure what to do next!

Too close to call really...depends on how motivated Rampage is to train properly. Jackson hasn't went 5 rounds since he lost to Forrest Griffin, and Jones never has. It could be a great fight!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

...and just WTF is wrong with Rashad Evans?! He was supposed to fight Shogun, backed out, Jones stepped in, and won the title!

Was reportedly supposed to fight Rampage again, backed out, Hamill stepped in, and Hamill lost.

He was next in line to get a shot at Bones, but I guess he doesn't want it...so we have Jones vs Jackson.

If this was planned out to keep Rashad from fighting his friend and training partner, that would be ghey.

One thing's for sure...Rampage is going to have to bring his A-game, the A-Team, and every other fucking A-thing he can muster if he wants to get that belt from Jon Jones! Bones' reach is un-fucking real. Rampage is definitely going to get punched in every position.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

Would love to see Rampage get another shot at Rashad's faggy ass, was never a fan of him and IMO the lay off saved Evans the last time he fought Jackson.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                    Would love to see Rampage get another shot at Rashad's faggy ass, was never a fan of him and IMO the lay off saved Evans the last time he fought Jackson.
                    I tend to agree with that...All Rashad did was use his takedown speed to gain points over Rampage in that one. Once Evans got him on the ground he wasn't able to do anything....which brings me to the Rampage-Machida bout...

I'd score it round 1-Rampage, and rounds 2 and 3 a draw. Round 3 it appeared as if Machida had the upper hand, but once he tried to apply that armbar from his guard,Machida, and the entire building knew what was coming......and he let go, giving Rampage a chance to close any gap in that round IMO....Not many fighters can pull off that powerslam!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

I know this is a UFC thread, and Fedor was never a part of the organization, but he recently got beat down by Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva...I think time is catching up to him... He still deserves all the respect in the world...He had one helluva run! He's one of the all-time greats IMO.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Jones beat Rampage pretty easily tonight, have to admit I was pulling for Rampage, want to see him get another shot at Rashad but if Jones gets to kill Evans I'll be ok with it.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Jones was so fucking dominant. That kid is flat out good. I don't see anybody beating him for awhile, unless he gets careless. He may have to move up in weight, just to make it more interesting. The thing that impressed me the most about Jones last night, for every offensive move he had, he followed it up with a defensive move. Even when he missed a move, he was immediately ready with a defensive move. I think he will kick Rashad Evans ass.

Comment

• redblkwht
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Man, who's getting the next PPV? this should be a good one!!!!!!!

There's a cool local bar close by that charges 5 bucks, all you can drink free during the main event!!

EUAS

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Did anyone see Mir snap Big Nog's arm? Fuck!

Again, Jones dominates. The impending fight with Evans is going to be a major draw for the UFC.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i thought ben henderson did more damage to frankie, but edgar should have won that fight on points. there better be a rematch
                                Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Working...