Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Talking The Official Joe Biden "open mouth, insert foot" thread

OK....let me say that I'm not really into partisan politics.

I try to call 'em the way I see 'em, and I won't defend either party if they're acting like fucking morons.

Obama seems to be doing the best he can, and I hope that he succeeds in reversing some of the monumental fuckups of the last 8 years.

However, there's alway somebody lurking in the wings....just waiting to give poor Barack some really needless headaches.

Yup...it's the Veep himself. Joe Biden, the guy whose mouth consistently outruns his brain.

Let's keep tabs on Joe, because he's certainly going to give us many memorable moments in the years to come!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll start with the latest...just within the last 24 hours.

Joe reveals potentially classified information on the location of the VP's secret bunker...

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.

According to Clift's report on the Newsweek blog, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

On Monday, Biden's press office issued a statement in response to this story, denying the bunker report.

"What the Vice President described in his comments was not -- as some press reports have suggested -- an underground facility, but rather, an upstairs workspace in the residence, which he understood was frequently used by Vice President Cheney and his aides," said Biden's spokesperson Elizabeth Alexander. "That workspace was converted into an upstairs guestroom when the Bidens moved into the residence. There was no disclosure of classified information."

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

The revelation is the latest from Biden, who has a long history of political blunders.

Most recently, he said in a televised interview that if a family member asked him about traveling he'd advise staying away from public transportation or confined spaces to avoid swine flu -- a remark described as "borderline fearmongering" by an airline spokesman.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And....just so we can get brought up to speed, here's a little history for y'all....

Here's a list of 14 amusing yet cringe-worthy "Bidenisms" made during the vice president's more recent political career.

-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."

"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Biden reminds me of the old guy in your neighborhood who rambles on and on and on about his war stories, his hunting stories, or, most likely, "when I was your age" stories without clue fucking one as to what he is talking about.

To me he's a bit an of enigma in that no one is really sure as to how he became VP in the first place. Maybe it was ploy by Obama advisers to have some contrast between the young and the old for the DNP voter believing that Biden's age also held wisdom. Were they ever wrong.

Biden's senility (and yes, I'm calling him senile) is what scares me in that no one in the DNP is calling him out for it. Or maybe I'm wrong and Biden wants to see himself fastened in American history by being a figurehead for Obama's historical presidency hoping that people will remember his quotes long after he's gone. Unfortunately, that's what happening now.

And rarely does a VP make history. Quayle was probably the most innocuous one to date and even Darth knew when to shut the fuck up and let Bush be the fall guy. As the saying goes instead of trying to make history perhaps Biden should learn from it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    And....just so we can get brought up to speed, here's a little history for y'all....

Here's a list of 14 amusing yet cringe-worthy "Bidenisms" made during the vice president's more recent political career.

-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."

"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
    Biden has foot-in-mouth disease no doubt....

But the above list seems pretty borderline and smacks of mostly cherry-picked, mainly out of context or 'who-gives-a-shit?' type comments under a microscope. It's a collage of quotes that could made about any politician...

That being said, he just might be Obama's ultimate talisman against an assassination attempt.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-21-2011 @ 03:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm a republican but I disagree with all of you. Joe Biden is a VP with a huge wealth of knowledge in foreign affairs and most would consider one of the most respected Senators in last years Senate and the best picks for VP that Obama could have made

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrchickenfoot View Post
    I'm a republican but I disagree with all of you. Joe Biden is a VP with a huge wealth of knowledge in foreign affairs and most would consider one of the most respected Senators in last years Senate and the best picks for VP that Obama could have made
    I'm not disputing Biden's wealth of knowledge or vast experience.

He is to Obama what Cheney was to Bush...a guy with a lot of field experience who can be turned to for an educated opinion on a wide range of issues.

This isn't about politics...it's about humor.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Biden has foot-in-mouth disease no doubt....

But the above list seems pretty borderline and smacks of mostly cherry-picked, mainly out of context or 'who-gives-a-shit?' type comments under a microscope. It's a collage of quotes that could made about any politician...
    All very true, Nick!

But it just seems that he's had so many so soon that he's bound to drop a REALLY big one any day now!!

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hell, let him talk all he wants to! I love the guy!

Takes my mind off the economy...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Obama seems to be doing the best he can,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post

To me he's a bit an of enigma in that no one is really sure as to how he became VP in the first place.
    A lot of people are still wondering how Obama got the Presidency as well. As for Biden, it is, and will continue to be amusing watching Democrats backing him with the misspoke-out of context-anyone could slip like this type defense after eight years of slamming orator in chief GWB.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey Joe, can you freeze a smile like this ??

how'zdizzDave?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

SEXY JOE!!

White House aides said that Biden pulled into the driveway shortly before noon, the chorus of Night Ranger's "(You Can Still) Rock In America" blaring from his car's stereo. According to witnesses, Biden spent several minutes maneuvering the Trans Am into the perfect spot, and was observed drumming his fingers on the steering wheel until the song came to a close.

The shirtless 66-year-old then entered the executive residence and greeted employees with a round of high fives and a variety of nicknames. "Hey, hot stuff, looking good,"

Full story Shirtless Biden Washes Trans Am In White House Driveway | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Last edited by GreenBayLA; 05-21-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I guess his crackhead male companion said make sure my fucking car is spotless before you let it back into my sight!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    And why do old motherfuckers wear dress shoes with shorts ??

Don't they have sneakers, flip-flops, sandles, crocks etc...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    And whats with that dent on the very left front ??

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 06:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hahahahahaha~
    That very doodle is in front of gar rd for sale. It'll be 6 monthes before I pass that way again.~
    I knew I shoulda took a pic or at least the number!

~Blaze

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL Um, you do realize that The Onion is a bogus news comedy website. right?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yea, it is but that very make and car is in front of Gar Rd up for sale. I just went past for my blood docs visit. Tuesday. I wrote that to Gar about Gar road a time lot or two ago. ....

I sent him this pic and a few others.~
    Blaze
    Last edited by standin; 05-21-2009 at 10:54 PM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Hey Joe, can you freeze a smile like this ??

I dig that pic of Dave. Lookin' great. The only thing missing is the tip of a canary feather poking out of his teeth.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

so standin is Blaze?

The same Blaze sending me PM's bitching about Gar?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No~ Standin has membership on my (Blaze's) journal. The laptop is work related. I doubt I (Blaze)wrote "bitching" to you about Gar. However, my memory is not infallible. Gar has ventured to areas I would bitch about, but unlikely that I would. Sorry about the account borrow, however, the computer the held "Blaze" Has some sort of nasty on it that has made reformatting a challenge. I suspect that the fundi on the system has been changed. I'll get to it at my leisure. In the mean time, this Standin is what is offered.
    Blaze

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Blaze account is intact.
    standin PM's is listed

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayLA View Post
    I suppose Biden always washes his car with a bucket, a dry towell and NO WATER...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by standin View Post
    No~ Standin has membership on my (Blaze's) journal. The laptop is work related. I doubt I (Blaze)wrote "bitching" to you about Gar. However, my memory is not infallible. Gar has ventured to areas I would bitch about, but unlikely that I would. Sorry about the account borrow, however, the computer the held "Blaze" Has some sort of nasty on it that has made reformatting a challenge. I suspect that the fundi on the system has been changed. I'll get to it at my leisure. In the mean time, this Standin is what is offered.
    Blaze
    Oh fuck....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Is that VP, or even TA attire ???

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    BTW, I think that's a Turbo Trans Am...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...it didn't take long to bring this thread back.

You can always count on good old Joe.

Now he's pissed off Russia by calling them "weakened."

Nice diplomacy, Joe. Like the situation wasn't tenuous enough already...

Read on...

MOSCOW (AP) -- An interview U.S. Vice President Joe Biden gave to an American newspaper was front-page news Monday in Moscow, where his characterization of Russia as a weakened nation hit a raw nerve.

Biden said Russia's economic difficulties are likely to make the Kremlin more willing to cooperate with the United States on a range of national security issues.

"I think we vastly underestimate the hand that we hold," he said in an interview to The Wall Street Journal published Saturday.

Biden's comments appeared to catch the Kremlin by surprise, coming less than three weeks after President Barack Obama said on a visit to Moscow that the U.S. wants to see a "strong, peaceful and prosperous Russia."

"It raises the question: Who is shaping U.S. foreign policy? The president or members of his team, even the most respected ones?" said Kremlin foreign policy adviser Sergei Prikhodko.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Monday downplayed suggestions that Biden was setting a different U.S. policy from that laid out by the president.

When asked whether Obama thought Biden had gone too far in his remarks, Gibbs said the president stated his views on Russia during his recent visit and the vice president agrees with those views.

Gibbs said both leaders believe Russia will do its part to improve relations with the U.S.

Most Russian newspapers put Biden's interview on their front pages Monday, with headlines casting doubt on Washington's commitment to forge a more constructive relationship with Moscow.

"Joe Biden unexpectedly returned to the rhetoric of the previous Bush administration," the newspaper Kommersant wrote.

Moskovsky Komsomolets said Biden, with his "boorish openness," showed what the Obama administration really thinks about Russia. "We should respond to the Yankees in the same way," the newspaper wrote. "Any other language, unfortunately or fortunately, they do not understand."

The papers jumped on Biden's comments about Russia's demographic and economic problems.

"They have a shrinking population base, they have a withering economy, they have a banking sector and structure that is not likely to be able to withstand the next 15 years, they're in a situation where the world is changing before them and they're clinging to something in the past that is not sustainable," Biden said in the interview.

Some newspapers and commentators noted that Russians say the same things about themselves. The question, they said, was why Biden made the comments so quickly after this month's summit by Obama and President Dmitry Medvedev, and after Biden's own trip last week to Ukraine and Georgia, former Soviet republics whose growing ties to the West are deeply resented in Moscow.

Sergei Rogov, director of the government-funded USA and Canada Institute, was quoted in Kommersant as saying the interview was aimed in part at addressing criticism in the U.S. that the Obama administration was too soft on Russia.

Some commentators said it was wrong to see Biden as diverging from the policy set by Obama, as suggested by Prikhodko.

Biden was most likely expressing Washington's "Plan B," said Vladimir Milov, a former deputy energy minister who now heads his own think tank. If the Kremlin proves unwilling to compromise, the United States was likely to reduce relations to a minimum and push Moscow to the periphery of world politics, Milov wrote in the online Gazeta.ru.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an apparent effort Sunday to reassure Moscow, saying on NBC "Meet the Press" that the administration considers Russia to be a "great power."

"Every country faces challenges," she said. "We have our challenges, Russia has their challenges. There are certain issues that Russia has to deal with on its own."

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Joe's just being honest. He sure as fuck isn't a diplomat, but he's right on the Ruskies...

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    03-21-2018 @ 02:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

"They have a shrinking population base, they have a withering economy, they have a banking sector and structure that is not likely to be able to withstand the next 15 years, they're in a situation where the world is changing before them and they're clinging to something in the past that is not sustainable," Biden said in the interview.
    Ha ha - do the russians even dispute this? I wish the president would keep it real like that instead of trying to kiss every ass he meets.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Has Joe looked into their eyes and seen their soul, yet?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

they have a withering economy, they have a banking sector and structure that is not likely to be able to withstand the next 15 years, they're in a situation where the world is changing before them and they're clinging to something in the past that is not sustainable," Biden said in the interview.

Could just as easily describe the US.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    Could just as easily describe the US.

True 'dat!

And therein lies my point. Biden shouldn't be engaging in any "toughest kid on the block" posturing on behalf of the U.S., because it seems that we're not exactly in the greatest shape either.

The U.S. is no juggernaut, and hasn't been in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
    Joe's just being honest. He sure as fuck isn't a diplomat, but he's right on the Ruskies...
    I know, Nicky. But he should know better than to poke the Russians with a stick at this point.

Methinks there are some batshit crazy people running the show over there, and who knows what they'll do.

It seems that in recent years that President, Prime Minister, King Putin (or whatever the fuck title he has today) has become a really obstinant asshole who's looking to pick a fight.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2022 @ 07:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Joe Biden is really Dan Quayle.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

fryingdutchman:

Well...it didn't take long to bring this thread back.

You can always count on good old Joe.

Now he's pissed off Russia by calling them "weakened."

I'm sure 'ol Joe meant to say he'd love to go the Russia for the weekend but they misheard his east coast accent.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2022 @ 07:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Joe is a joke.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Biden F-bomb

Joe Biden always seems to have a way of saying pretty funny things at the most inappropriate times.

Tuesday's signing of the health care bill was no exception. The Vice-President quoted from classical poet Dr. Seuss Virgil: "The greatest wealth is health" and even used the argot of the street to sum up the single biggest domestic accomplishment of the Obama presidency.

Biden, who introduced the President to applause from various lawmakers and supporters, can be heard whispering to Barack Obama "This is a big f**king deal." Oh Joe, Stating the obvious in the most hilarious way.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQeNikp1Rj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQeNikp1Rj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Oh, the nerve of that man whispering! It's good to see Fox having their finger on the pulse of what passes for quality news these days.

Thread Information