Titanium Floyd Rose Big-Blocks are the shiznit.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    ...what time do you have to be at the Recycling Center in Van Nuys in the morning, btw?
    Well, according to the schedule on my website News / Eddie Izzard I'm gonna be in San Diego tomorrow nite opening my new movie.

So I better get up really early to cash those cans in before my fuckin' Gulfstream jet picks my up at Santa Monica airport..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Doesn't this fucking Dwarf understand the difference between Mass and DENSITY???

Originally posted by GAR
      WRONG - the point is increasing resonance to the body with less mass than steel.
      Once again,WRONG!

Density Bitch,density!
      Pay attention fer fuck sakes...

Originally posted by GAR
      Steel has more mass than either aluminum or titanium.. so by your data aluminum is the preferred material isn't it?
      FAIL!
      Aluminum is NOT the preferred material,Dumbass. Maybe for you it is.
      In fact, your brain is like Titanium, FUCKING DENSE!

Originally posted by GAR
      Thanks for pointing out how vapid you are - see my above reply.
      Yeah, we've seen it and it reeks of FAIL!

Originally posted by GAR
      DJs post shows ALUMINUM has LESS mass. The benefit of TI is that it has less mass, transmitting greater vibration to the guitar body.

What I've demonstrated ,Half Pint , is the fact that Titanium is the preferred metal based on it's density.
      With Titanium you are NOT dependant on MASS ALONE ,but more so of it DENSITY PROPERTIES .
      Pay attention, Cumfart!

Go ahead and make your fucking Aluminum block (for your Charvette). "Lefty" will be asking you," Why the fuck do you have a silver Big Mac hanging out of the back of that old piece of shit guitar?"

Originally posted by GAR
      Hey, um.. DJ?

Flappo owns you by proxy. Tool.
      Hey, um ,Fuckstump. Flappo shits on you, believe me...
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

For now...Tubbage.

Originally posted by GAR
        Okay, I fixed that pic you modified in my posting pussy.
        Because you're so into drag queens....I could just pull it again once your edit period expires, but let's leave it to show everyone how all you can do is attempt to derail threads, meat-curtains.

C'mon - how many beer cans are you going to have to melt down for your little experiment? And does the machine shop (the one you're planning the break-in at) have a step-ladder so you can reach the work-surface?

Might wanna bring your own just in case....

v

Bow down to it.

Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

We're dealing with a mental as well as literal midget.

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          Go ahead and make your fucking Aluminum block (for your Charvette). "Lefty" will be asking you," Why the fuck do you have a silver Big Mac hanging out of the back of that old piece of shit guitar?"
          "Lefty"...did she get that classy nickname during her days as a biker-whore? Y'know, assuming she exists at all, unlike your guitar collection...?

Aspiring to Beer-can tone. Good luck with that...
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
            Well, according to the schedule on my website News / Eddie Izzard I'm gonna be in San Diego tomorrow nite opening my new movie.

So I better get up really early to cash those cans in before my fuckin' Gulfstream jet picks my up at Santa Monica airport..
            Hey FAILBOY!

Is this a current pic. of you?
            Nice to see you've given up on the Comb-over!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

He's Benjamin Fuckhead!

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
              Nice to see you've given up on the Comb-over!
              Still hanging on to the toilet-bowl mullet, though....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

C'mon - how many beer cans are you going to have to melt down for your little experiment?
                Cuntsidering the melting point of Aluminum Oxide is 2000 degree's C, he'll have a hard time melting it down with the 10 Bic lighters he's got taped together!

And does the machine shop (the one you're planning the break-in at) have a step-ladder so you can reach the work-surface?

Might wanna bring your own just in case....
                CLASSIC!

v

Bow down to it.

See that GAR? That's another thing you are incapable of owning!

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

I can get cutoff remnants of 1/2" plate aluminum of "the highest grade" if and when I have time to fool with this stupid obsession of yours.

I offered to mill one out of aluminum and send it to you this weekend, which was met with derision and disrespect so you will just never know now.

I am in favor of TI blocks in concept over the stock block, trust me I side with you on that, but I'm appalled 1) that the "mass =sustain" argument is being invoked to explain why lighter metal is beneficial, and 2) that the outrageous price the guy is selling it for still finds a buyer.

Oh and 3) tell your buddy to mill one out of lead. Lead is denser than either steel, brass or TI so in theory it should work out for you. Please post some more shitty cellphone clips on that one..

And, point 4) I have no jealousy who the fuck has a TI block on their tremolo, when I could just buy a cutoff of TI and mill one myself and see if the benefits claims have any merit. I am just not interested.. at this point in my hobby, I can't tell the difference the way I used to whether the strings had any life in them and needed to be changed or not. I just reached a certain point about a decade ago where the minutiae didn't matter anymore so much as the songwriting got done.

So that's my final. Keep trying to own me boys, we all got goals in life..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Still hanging on to the toilet-bowl mullet, though....
                    No shit. Just like this other Taint slurpin, Shirt-lifter!

GAR= Clay= VERY>

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                      http://www.ipstool.com/Metals/M0048.pdf

I can get cutoff remnants of 1/2" plate aluminum of "the highest grade" if and when I have time to fool with this stupid obsession of yours.

I offered to mill one out of aluminum and send it to you this weekend, which was met with derision and disrespect so you will just never know now.

I am in favor of TI blocks in concept over the stock block, trust me I side with you on that, but I'm appalled 1) that the "mass =sustain" argument is being invoked to explain why lighter metal is beneficial, and 2) that the outrageous price the guy is selling it for still finds a buyer.

Oh and 3) tell your buddy to mill one out of lead. Lead is denser than either steel, brass or TI so in theory it should work out for you. Please post some more shitty cellphone clips on that one..

And, point 4) I have no jealousy who the fuck has a TI block on their tremolo, when I could just buy a cutoff of TI and mill one myself and see if the benefits claims have any merit. I am just not interested.. at this point in my hobby, I can't tell the difference the way I used to whether the strings had any life in them and needed to be changed or not. I just reached a certain point about a decade ago where the minutiae didn't matter anymore so much as the songwriting got done.

I see what you're saying there...

Last edited by Diamondjimi; 10-14-2009, 01:36 AM. Reason: Turd cutter sez wuh ?

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Riiiight. K, then, buh-bye.

Originally posted by GAR
                        when I have time to fool with this stupid obsession of yours.
                        The obsession is yours, obviously. You agree with the premise, but "can't hear the minutiae" so why do you care? Yet you keep posting...

Oh, and the "offer" would've involved giving you my address...since you're already stalking me (and DJ) what makes you think I'd be dumb enough to do that? And no, not giving you my work address either.

Tell ya what, I'll get a P.O. box this weekend and you can send me one of the ones you've made "with your eyes closed", and we'll see how good it is. I have spare Floyds, would be easy enough to do an actual A/B in the same guitar. The lead thing - just stupid. You're past reaching.

Oh, and he's not charging me the "outrageous price" he'd charge you for Ti. But then, I'm not a dick.

And why would I post another camphone clip when as demonstrated I'm at the point where I can now own you with MP3s?

Last edited by jhale667; 10-14-2009, 01:47 AM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Hey,heyyyy!

Where'd the 'lil balding fella go to?

Pwned out of another thread, again...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by JesterGAR

Spoken just like his hero, Jizterstar!

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

Wow! Just wow.
                              Just a note Gar because you do not grasp what a cymbal is. And think all instruments are mass produced. Thus the question why are cymbals not made of titanium.

A cymbal is an Idiophone. I have owned a number of Idiophone, specifically thumb pianos. For the sake of easy finds. Keep in mind cymbals and bells are both idiophones.

Here is an titanium bell. Though it might be a bike bell. It could be constructed in a variety of idiophone shapes.

MKS Titanium Bell

I am not familiar with Partial Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis. However it appears that titanium is being reviewed :
                              We hypothesized that the design of the hybrid PORP would enhance its acoustic properties. In particular, the titanium bell, which allows the prosthesis to be freestanding, would obviate the need for Gelfoam, preventing fibrosis
                              Hearing results with a hydroxylapatite/titanium be...[Laryngoscope. 2002] - PubMed Result

So just because you happen to buy mass production instruments, does not mean that the sound quality of a cymbal made of titanium would be inferior.

Well, silly me....
                              all that explanation about idiophones and using bell craftsman for the research.......

Here you go Gar................

Titanium cymbols................

Zildjian ZXT Titanium Cymbals hands-on review at Musician's Friend | Musician's Friend

Ahh.. well back to the artisians....It is just coated in titianium...

NAMM: Titanium Cymbals Debut at NAMM - Zildjian - 2003-07-22 | Harmony-Central.com

Though it may not be an idiophone... here is an instrument made of titainum...

®Stomvi, Art & Technology | Instrumentos | Maestro | Mahler | Trompeta Mahler Sib

Conclusion mass production instruments might be compelled to consider cost over quality and uniqueness of sound...

Now I wonder what tungsten would sound like. tungsten is used to wrap strings but it could be expounded. I wonder what its magnetic quality would do for sound from electrical instruments.

Science Links Japan | Application of Tungsten and Tungsten Alloys to the Musical Instrument Parts.
                              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Thanks for the data!

Comment

Working...