Full On Cocktard
    • May 2009

Yeah the neck I have is sweeeet!
    Here are the specs:

2000-1-2 San Dimas Charvel Neck
    Handed: Right Handed
    Neck and Finger Board Combination Style: Skunk Stripe Style All One Piece
    Neck Wood: Rock Maple
    Fingerboard Wood: Same as Neck Wood (Skunk Stripe Style)
    Standard 21 Fret w/o Finger Board Extention
    Finger Board Radius: 12
    Fret Size and Type: Medium 6105 (.095 Wide X .047 Tall)
    Tuner Hole Size: Standard 10 mm Gotoh / Sperzel / Shaller
    Nut Width: 1-11/16
    Heel Type and Size: Standard Strat Heel 2-3/16
    Truss Rod Option: Vintage Single Acting Adjust at Heel
    Neck Profile: Thin D .750 X .810
    Standard Semi Rolled Finger Board Edges
    Narrow 12th Dots Spacing Post 1964 and Charvel
    LSR nut shelf on the neck.

Man the thing now finished is incredible to play

Comment

• marksjohnc
      Full On Cocktard
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Just noticed how close the volume pot is to the pickup on the white one.
      Much too close for me.

Yeah it's not the one that's staying. I have another one that is going on it with the pickup hole slanted a little and the volume knob in the right place. Just have to cut the guard carefully since I messed up the last one by rushing the cut.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

The only motivation one could have in reproducing the EVH logo, is to sell it.

That logo places a commodity pricing above the average ebayer who screws together a neck and body with four bolts.

I don't much care to see that kind of guitar building, anywhere. And the builder here has done it not just once, but twice.

Imagine the uncomfortable discussion involving this wall art, when having guests over "oh wow did you pay 12 grand for those?"

No, I built em myself.

"Well since you built them, why didn't you build a reproduction of the original? That makes these reproductions, of a reproduction."

(uncomfortable silence)

That's why I don't build copies. If you copy the original, you do it down to the tee - then there's people who will look at it and go "why make a knockoff of a star guitar? The embarrassment of being seen in public playing the thing.." and if you base the look on the modern repro, its inaccurate.

That Musicraft neck looks fantastic. That other one like Elvis said, with the black plastic truss-rod liner in view, is a clear giveaway of Asian origins.

Great wall art, but you didn't have logo with fake authentication on the headstock like that and I hope you don't do this for a living.

Comment

• marksjohnc
          Full On Cocktard
          • May 2009

[QUOTE=ELVIS;1354083]You freaks know me...

They are very nice looking guitars. That doesn't make them sound all that great...

The red one has a Seymour Duncan SH 11 Custom Custom in it with a 2 meg volume pot that brings out everything that pup was intended to give. Learned some stuff from a 60 year old guitar tech. He showed me how to do my setup on it and when he was done the sound was ah....."Girl Gone Bad"

The Black and White's pickup is killer for the vintage vibe..an Attackbucker from Guitarattack.com

Go check out the mp3 and here for yourself if that's what your into. If not that's kewl!

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

2 meg.. why?

Comment

• marksjohnc
              Full On Cocktard
              • May 2009

Originally posted by GAR
              The only motivation one could have in reproducing the EVH logo, is to sell it.

That logo places a commodity pricing above the average ebayer who screws together a neck and body with four bolts.

I don't much care to see that kind of guitar building, anywhere. And the builder here has done it not just once, but twice.

Imagine the uncomfortable discussion involving this wall art, when having guests over "oh wow did you pay 12 grand for those?"

No, I built em myself.

"Well since you built them, why didn't you build a reproduction of the original? That makes these reproductions, of a reproduction."

(uncomfortable silence)

That's why I don't build copies. If you copy the original, you do it down to the tee - then there's people who will look at it and go "why make a knockoff of a star guitar? The embarrassment of being seen in public playing the thing.." and if you base the look on the modern repro, its inaccurate.

That Musicraft neck looks fantastic. That other one like Elvis said, with the black plastic truss-rod liner in view, is a clear giveaway of Asian origins.

Great wall art, but you didn't have logo with fake authentication on the headstock like that and I hope you don't do this for a living.
              Maybe you just can't build! I did it for my OWN enjoyment not anyone elses. Just wanted to see if I could do it. I NEVER said I was a pro builder. Your entitled to your opinions but if you attack me I'll bite back
              And I'm not trying to fool anyone. Yeah the one neck is nicer, but also cost$225.00 a price I can't shell out for every neck I buy. So waht the other is a Mighty Mite neck? The thing is still a player if you know how to finish it with true oil and adjust it right.

Comment

• marksjohnc
                Full On Cocktard
                • May 2009

Originally posted by marksjohnc
                Maybe you just can't build! I did it for my OWN enjoyment not anyone elses. Just wanted to see if I could do it. I NEVER said I was a pro builder. Your entitled to your opinions but if you attack me I'll bite back
                And I'm not trying to fool anyone. Yeah the one neck is nicer, but also cost$225.00 a price I can't shell out for every neck I buy. So waht the other is a Mighty Mite neck? The thing is still a player if you know how to finish it with true oil and adjust it right.

I don't play them in public anyway...that would be like "Look at me, I'm Eddie"
                Like I said I built them FOR MYself, not to sell to anyone on ebay or anywhere else and try to screw someone over.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Why a 2 meg potentiometer?

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Post pics of your guitars or STFU, Clay
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I put several logos on my Frankie. Charvel, EVH, EVH's signature. You know why? I fucking felt like it. It's mine and I can do whatever the hell I want to with it. If I have the skill to do it so be it. If I want to remove it I can put some 320 grit to it. My goal was to make what Charvel should have, an accurate Frankie with the empty pickup route and dummy pickup. Mine is what they should have made. If I want to relic it and make it look like a pile of shit someday I can. Any hack can take some Krylon and make a pile of shit like Ed did. Takes a little more skill to do what I did.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                        Why a 2 meg potentiometer?
                        Higher potentiometer resistance values (regardless of pickup type) produce a little more power and treble response. This applies to both volume and tone controls. I plan to put a 1 meg in one of my upcoming projects.
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I wasn't saying they DO sound bad or good, and I will check out the MP3's...

But I have 10 strats and none with a humbucker, but i did buy a 2000 lefty American Standard Strat that I'm turning into a Dave Murray replica. I have all the parts, correct vintage 80's Super Distortion, chrome pup rings, etc...

I did scallop the fretboard like most of my guitars, but I got lazy after that...

Last week, I stained the fretboard and attempted to clear it and it reacted some sort of way so I had to scrape it off...

I painted a Japanese neck exactly the same way on the same day and it came out perfect...

Strange...

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                            Any hack can take some Krylon and make a pile of shit like Ed did. Takes a little more skill to do what I did.
                            Yes, reproducing said pile of shit in exacting detail is an artform. Especially if you're not doing the finish with the aid of vinyl patches shaped like the wear-marks on the original...(...cough, cough, Fender! Cough!)
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Post pics of your guitars or STFU, Clay
                              No shit.
                              Hey Garbage , simply take your moldy old Charvette out of it's gigbag*cough* I mean garbage bag and ask the nice old librarian if she can take a picture of it for so you can share it with us?!
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Yes, reproducing said pile of shit in exacting detail is an artform. Especially if you're not doing the finish with the aid of vinyl patches shaped like the wear-marks on the original...(...cough, cough, Fender! Cough!)

No shit? That's what Fender did and they charged how much for those fucking guitars? Unbelievable
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...