• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    C'mon dude...
    It's not a bad performance...I give you that...these guys have enough experience to go out and play well...but it's far away from being interesting or worth remembering...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I prefer to remember this Joe Satriani:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      Same here!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        It's not a bad performance...I give you that...these guys have enough experience to go out and play well...but it's far away from being interesting or worth remembering...
        That's fair, but i've heard quite a bit of positive response regarding that performance...

I know it's nothing amazing but it's better than some of the new crap that gets on these shows...

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

That's fair, but i've heard quite a bit of positive response regarding that performance...

I know it's nothing amazing but it's better than some of the new crap that gets on these shows...

Amazingness comes and goes. Stick to your guns!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

ok...so our little discussion made me watch the whole conan o'brien performance...with the song "oh yeah"

starts of quite cool...riff is not bad. but then comes the problem...it's hagar and his standard "I got what you want give you what you need baby oh yeah"-lyrics. this guy can't tell a story if his life depended on it. so what starts off cool becomes boring fast and annoying soon...

then there is the part when they slow down, which sounds a bit like the "uh baby"-part in Whitesnake's "Still of the night". hagar again tries too hard to get the blues "vibe" and sounds like david coverversion on a bad day. and you can also see that hagar is not so happy that he is not "center stage" anymore...chad is the fun part, satch the virtuoso who has conan o'brien's (and the camera's) attention and TAFKAB is the original ex-member of the mighty =VH=.

hagar might have a pencil sized dick but he has a football stadium sized ego and a guy like this does not let the drummer tell the jokes on stage for long...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              ok...so our little discussion made me watch the whole conan o'brien performance...with the song "oh yeah"
              I did the same... All through the performance I was thinking "Do people really care about this?", "Did Conan approve this?" "This is boring" and, finally:
              "Why didn't VH do this? They would've been better".

And then I remembered who runs the band these days...
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I prefer to remember this Joe Satriani:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Yup.

But "Ice 9" is from 1987's Surfing with the Alien.

I don't think Joe has put out anything earth shattering in YEARS! I would say Flying in Blue Dream (1989) was his last.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I agree, the performance isn't bad and yes, it's better stuff then anything 'new' in rock. The album is like very average van hagar or a heavy sam-solo album. Sam is the weak link in this band for sure. The guy just can't write a good lyric to save his life...
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    Yup.

But "Ice 9" is from 1987's Surfing with the Alien.

I don't think Joe has put out anything earth shattering in YEARS! I would say Flying in Blue Dream (1989) was his last.
                    And even that is pretty boring if you listen to it now....

Comment

Working...