Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

bottoms up, outta love again, take your whiskey home, sinners swing, and the full bug. What's so cool is VH have so many songs in the six pack that we are all dying to here. Hopefully they do a new album and mix in some new stuff. I wonder if they plan on using the five songs they recorded in 2000? If they do, will they re-record them or leave them as they were?

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Hear About it Later

Secrets

Feel Your Love

Cant Get this Stuff No More

D.O.A

Push Comes To Shove

House of Pain

In a Simple Rhyme

Me Wise Magic

Fools

Big Bad Bill/Hang em High

Ed's solo (Eruption/Little Guitars/Spanish Fly/316/Catherine and somethin' new)

The rest could be stuff from new album?!
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
        bottoms up, outta love again, take your whiskey home, sinners swing, and the full bug. What's so cool is VH have so many songs in the six pack that we are all dying to here. Hopefully they do a new album and mix in some new stuff. I wonder if they plan on using the five songs they recorded in 2000? If they do, will they re-record them or leave them as they were?

Ed is a control freak, so "re-record"? You betcha! We may never hear those 2000 songs'... We wont know either way, unless they mention it while on the next tour...

Say, Why didn't VH do any interviews from their last tour? Oh yeah...ED (control control control) didn't want to answer the same old questions...Hagar....Wolfie...Val...Dave...Mike... 9 albums worth of material written and ready to process with lyrics since 97, yet no new music.)

etc
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Drop Dead Legs & Take Your Wiskey Home are the only two I'd like to hear live...

Whiskey would offer a great opportunity for a break-down blues improv between Ed & Dave live.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Are you lost?

You're ready to show him the door if he is, huh..

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Why in the FUCK would anyone want to hear Roth doing Van Hagar tunes? Even presuming he could do them better than Hagar, well, so?

Here's what I'd like to hear should Van Roth hit the road next year:

Hear About It Later
              Sinner's Swing!
              Light Up The Sky
              D.O.A.
              Dirty Movies
              Secrets
              Hang 'Em High
              The Full Bug

Not really interested in hearing Van Roth essay solo-Dave tunes. Just throw the above in along with the usual setlist mainstays (and, dare I say, some new material) and I'd be content.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VH Drummer
                Roadie
                • May 2009

Perhaps sooner or later, they'll have to pull out 1-2 Hagar tunes. If I had a pick, It'd be "Summer Nights" considering it was partially written before Dave left--that's a song that could suit him well.

Before that ever happens though, I'd love to hear:

Feel Your Love Tonight
                Bottom's Up!
                Sinner's Swing!
                Hear About It Later
                Secrets
                The Full Bug
                Drop Dead Legs
                House of Pain
                2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  Please, no more Jump or I'll Wait.

Anything else would be cool.

New stuff would be even better.
                  I agree, on both counts.... Leave the synthesizer at home, bring the new album. And all the old stuff that doesn't get played on classic rock radio every day.

i.e. "Drop Dead Legs" rather than "Panama". "Secrets" rather than "Pretty Woman". "Light Up the Sky" rather than "Dance the Night Away", etc.

And no Van Hagar shit. Ever.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VH Drummer
                    Roadie
                    • May 2009

I normally tire of the radio songs but "Panama" just kicks so much ass live and it holds a special place for getting me hooked on VH in '03.
                    2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

I wouldn't mind hearing Dave sing a couple songs from after he was no longer in the band, but the BIG problem is, for every Van Hagar song he would sing, that is one less real Van Halen song we get to hear. Not worth it. Maybe they can try it in Canada Then we can just watch it on YouTube. I just don't want it at the show I go to.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2009

Ha you guys sure can be DICKS! lol
                        Show me the door! FU! lol This is not the third reich or communist run! I will think and speak my own mind and not be a SHEEP just cause it dont conform with your 100% opinion! Instead of short cutting the thought process why not just answer the question after careful consideration, or choose to not answer instead of wastin space tryin to bash?
                        BTW I NEVER said "Dreams" or "When its Love"
                        Ive never once even hinted at liking Van Hagar better than Dave. My comments were more realistic than hopeful. If Ed agreed to do some Dave solo material you can bet yo ass he'd want to have some Hagar material performed.If I remember correct that was one of the reasons Ed and Sammy ended up parting ways. Ed wanted to perform some hits from that era and Sammy didnt want to. Im sure the itch will happen for Ed at some point to perform some of the songs he wrote in the period Dave wasnt there. And the same with Dave. So why not? Each would give his "take" on their part and it would be like any "cover" as it were ,that they ever did. They'd kick it in the ass and make it VAN HALEN. If that was the case I listed the two I thought Dave would sound best doing. I for one would love to hear a few of Dave's solo songs performed by Van Halen.

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

Dead or Alive
                          Light up the Sky
                          Hear about it Later

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

If your really gonna include Hagar stuff then any Cherone?
                            hahahaha

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2009

Hey come on, even ED knows that NO ONE wants to hear that stuff. Its sort of like The Highlander 2 movie. Everyone pretends it never happened,lol
                              Id love to hear Cathedral go into Secrets ,and the intro to Little Guitars as well.
                              How about some covers? Id like to hear full on Mississippi Queen not just a snipet!
                              Last edited by THEDOCTOR; 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• letsrock
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2007

But didnt they make a bunch of Highlander movies?

Comment

Working...