Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

First Clinton goes over there with a mere tug on her leash, then is sent back with the instructions to send tax-cheat Geithner to spill the beans on where all our assets are.. next thing you'll know is the Chinese will lay claim to debt in gold bullion.

THEN we're in trouble.. really in a real way. Not that the gold standard tie's been cut by Nixon, but the perception of value in assets can be destroyed if the chinks demand debt service in bullion and we have none left.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The BCE sold us out to China in the fucking 1970's. Let's put the blame where it belongs.....

.....right on Poppy and his brother Prescott Jr.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

FORD...

Don't distract yourself with your BCE theories...

I believe a lot of what you say about the Bush family, i've looked well into it...

BUT! it's not possible for the BCE to be responsible for the countless things you've accused them of. Yes, they have had their dirty hands into many, countless EVIL things, but you need to examine international banking and the other puppet masters who are hell bent on trying to create a one world government...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
          Wanna bet the Chinese military is already in the planning committee stages to redesign the military-spec Hummers with a lower steering column?
          The Chinese already have a pretty stout military small truck they offered for sale here years back. And the company that bought Hummer has little connection to the Chinese military....

Try fucking knowing what you're talking about for once...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
            I had a Daihatsu man, that thing was killer: one of the first four valve per cylinder engines, good body styling, strong engine only 1.5L, good 5spd comparable to my Honda Preludes..

You can't get 'em anymore in the US but theyre still made in Japan. Awesome acceleration.
            Daihatsu was bought out by Toyota, which means that it's just a cheaper line of Toyota. And how would a tinny little subcompact compare to a Prelude as they are completely different cars?

Idiot....

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I agree...

It's like comparing a Geo Metro to a Ford Taurus or something even more upscale...

The Prelude was top of the line and a big seller world wide for Honda for many years...

I only mentioned the Taurus because it sold great. I never cared for them but they were a huge success...

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by GAR
                Tell that to the Chinese, this is just the beginning of another international incedent not forseen by the Democrats who bought GM to give it away to the Chinks anyways.

The end result tells you all one needs to know about it! It's just the foot in the door for them to sue for further military hardware design contracts and anything else GM had to do with the gummint.
                Struggling with the logic here - are you suggesting that the Democrats actively want and intend to weaken their own country, thus making themselves unpopular, by giving GM away?
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  I agree...

It's like comparing a Geo Metro to a Ford Taurus or something even more upscale...

The Prelude was top of the line and a big seller world wide for Honda for many years...

I only mentioned the Taurus because it sold great. I never cared for them but they were a huge success...
                  Well, I'm pretty sure GAR owned none of the above...

The Prelude was pretty much just a slightly sportier coupe Accord with a bigger carburetor or a few more horsepower later on after they got fuel-injection. They now just have an Accord Coupe, which is sort of the current equivalent. But I wish they'd bring back a more distinctive off-shoot such as the Prelude. The incarnation of Acura as Honda's luxury/performance branch in the US and Europe also killed off the Prelude and has limited the Honda product here. Honda only reluctantly brought over a knackered version of the Civic Type-R known as the Si here after numerous screaming by American Honda-philes that they wanted an officially modded street fighter. Largely because they didn't want to undercut the Acura RSX girlie-mobile.

In Japan, Acura doesn't exist. The same cars are just the nicer, upscale Hondas - which shows you that 50% of the automotive world is just bullshit perception playing on peoples insecurities and the need to show others that they've "made it!". It's all about "perception"...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    The Chinese already have a pretty stout military small truck they offered for sale here years back.
                    which one was that?

Originally posted by GAR
                    Wanna bet the Chinese military is already in the planning committee stages to redesign the military-spec Hummers with a lower steering column?
                    dummy...

the government balked when Renault bought into AMC, and that's when AM General was born. military Hummers weren't made by a foreign company then, and they won't be now.
                    Last edited by twonabomber; 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      which one was that?

dummy...

the government balked when Renault bought into AMC, and that's when AM General was born. military Hummers weren't made by a foreign company then, and they won't be now.
                      HA!!

The Chinese already use the Hummer and AM General actually helps them.

PRC HMMWVs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Previously (to 2003), they used a BJ:

BJ2020S Light Utility Vehicle - SinoDefence.com

The civvy version is actually pretty cool:

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i meant US military it's okay if we help make chinky Hummers, aren't we the world's biggest arms dealer? i forgot Renault was partially owned by the French government, and that was the problem.

American Motors ended its history as an independent automaker in 1982 when controlling interest in the company was purchased by France's Renault. US Government regulations forbade ownership of defense contractors by foreign governments, and Renault was partially owned by the French government. Therefore, in 1983, AM General was sold by AMC to the LTV Corporation and it became a wholly owned subsidiary of the LTV Aerospace and Defense Company.
                        i forgot about Beijing Jeep, too, but that's more a Chrysler/China hookup. they still make an XJ Cherokee over there too.
                        Last edited by twonabomber; 06-10-2009, 11:10 AM.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...