X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Yeah, go ahead and get started on GAyR's plywood Charvette replica...
    Charvette body, Jackson jap neck and not a bad player.

I could think of a worse buys for the $80 bucks I have into it, it's one of 30 junkers I should ditch on ebay ..

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
      If I see someone playing MY guitar out, he'll be the one calling the cops because I can and would serve a beat down like it's nobody's business. I repo my own stuff.
      What if some guy truly bought your stolen guitar off the street for $100 bucks? Then you've got an innocent victim of assault at your expense, that's not gonna work.

I've thought all that thru before, when I saw my guitars being sold all over Vegas. Think I didn't think of that - when it comes right down to it that bullshit doesn't work, it's a civil matter that's clouded with posession rights.

THIS is why Im saying, parts guitars need some kind of a name and serial number that can be listed. Not because you chose do copy a jap guitar design.. I'm never jealous of that, to me it's a waste of time when you could design your own thing..

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I've got a cool idea I'm flushing out for an original build. It is going to be themed on a car. I want it to have racing stripes down the center and gray and red primer showing through like it was a hot rod clunker. I see a lot of hot rodders build the engine first and paint later, so they are driving these bondo filled primered cars that look like shit but run like hell. I want to translate that into a guitar. I want to put some original 1967 Camaro badges on it. I've got the cursive Camaro logo from the front quarter panel and also the Camaro by Chevrolet trunk lid emblem as well as the 350 badge. Both would look cool. Also trying to figure out how to wire gauges into the body, maybe even a voltmeter. But the more I think about it, it would be cool to have a Trans Am themed body too with the firebird decal over the entire body. Black and gold colors. I've done originals before, I like originals and clones.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

You're thinking of the "Rat Rod" movement going on right now.. 50's-60's trashy chic performance.

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Not sure what that means
            This space for rent.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
              ...I could think of a worse buys for the $80 bucks I have into it, it's one of 30 junkers I should ditch on ebay ..
              All belonging to someone else, no doubt.

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                I've got a cool idea I'm flushing out for an original build. It is going to be themed on a car. I want it to have racing stripes down the center and gray and red primer showing through like it was a hot rod clunker. I see a lot of hot rodders build the engine first and paint later, so they are driving these bondo filled primered cars that look like shit but run like hell. I want to translate that into a guitar. I want to put some original 1967 Camaro badges on it. I've got the cursive Camaro logo from the front quarter panel and also the Camaro by Chevrolet trunk lid emblem as well as the 350 badge. Both would look cool. Also trying to figure out how to wire gauges into the body, maybe even a voltmeter. But the more I think about it, it would be cool to have a Trans Am themed body too with the firebird decal over the entire body. Black and gold colors. I've done originals before, I like originals and clones.
                I have a bunch of trim off cars from the 50s thru 70s. I'll look and see if I can come up with something unique for you.
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  You're thinking of the "Rat Rod" movement going on right now.. 50's-60's trashy chic performance.
                  Nice google but that's not what it was about at all coward...
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    I have a bunch of trim off cars from the 50s thru 70s. I'll look and see if I can come up with something unique for you.
                    If you find an armrest for a 72 AMC Hornet, I need one to spruce up my Fernandes strat copy headstock..

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Back on topic again, pickguard wired up. Let me say this was the biggest pain in the ass. The Ibanez switch is so complex and so small. I do not ever want to do this again! Back of the pickguard covered in shielding foil.

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

And finally, new guitar day! All wired up and put together. Ain't she purdy. I did a quick set up just to be sure it all worked. Need to adjust the action and truss rod once the tension takes hold. Plays great even before a real setup.

This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

I'll offer no electrical tips on straightening out that bird-nest of a wiring job. That's hopeless!

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

It's not really as bad as it looks. There is just a lot of coil tapping going on. I wound the wires together prior to putting into the cavity. No biggie.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Fucking looks sweet, dude!
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                I'll offer no electrical tips on straightening out that bird-nest of a wiring job. That's hopeless!
                                Moron!
                                Couldn't find anything on Google?

Great work Indeedido !
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...