"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    09-07-2006 @ 04:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks

New VH Song–Greatest Ever!

Ya know, I respect everyones opinion and I have stated several times, that I am not a Spammy hater. However, I have never seen anything like these reviews that were emailed to me, for such a totally worthless, void of any musical validity or contribution song as “It’s About Time”…...gs
    ====================

Van Halen - "It's About Time"
    VHLinks.com Forum Review Highlights

-----------
    Amazing!!!!!!
    ----------
    One word…WOW.
    -----------
    greatest van halen song ever!
    ------------
    All is right in the world now
    -----------
    It almost feels surreal to me listening to the song now. It's a dream come true.
    -----------
    Can anyone say "Goosebump”
    ------------
    This is a great day to be a fan of Van Halen!!
    ------------
    song fucking rocks!!!
    -------------
    I'm gonna have to wear diapers. Whether I s*%t my pants or blow a load, it's gonna be messy.
    ------------
    Yeaa, are the boys fucking back or what????

I have played this song about 30 friggin times in a row and it gets better each time....
    -----------
    All over the world, people are NOT getting work done
    -----------
    Whoa, awesome! I swear, this is surreal after all this waiting
    ------------
    It's amazing what one song can do. <> All the waiting, the speculating, the second-guessing based on rumors, the agony of watching something that you know is special fade away over the last few years, it all changes with the drop of one single. <> I haven't been this excited about Van Halen since I heard "Don't Tell Me" the first time. And that includes when I got tickets almost two months ago.
    --------------
    Ed's tone is great and it hasn't sounded this good since "1984". Al's snare is back and instantly recognizable. Mike sounds great and his bass is smoking. Sammy sounds excellent too.
    --------------
    I think the song kicks ass!
    -------------
    The track is awesome!!
    ------------
    Same with me....I've played "It's about time" on repeat for the past 3 hours!!!
    -------------
    Thanks Sammy.
    --------------
    Can you feel the love
    ---------------
    Welcome Back Eddie, Alex, Mike, and Sammy!!!
    It's About Time!!!!
    --------------
    Ed's sporting a monstrous tone. His tone is the best it's been in 20 years (seriously).
    -------------
    The song is both a catchy, tongue-in-cheek jab at nu-metal and an apology/affirmation to the fans about the future of Van Halen. The guys sound happy to be playing together and that's important.
    -------------
    Damn, with all the shit we've been through, we finally have some new, kick-ass motherfing VH to jam to!!! I'm jacked up about this!!!
    ------------
    Straight up!!! I'm in FULL Vh mode now!!! It's been a long time since I've been this excited
    -----------
    After 99 when gary left and the goofy shit that happened a few years ago, i thought van halen was dead as a band and i'm honestly blown away that there is a new song and i have it on my had drive...its amazing
    -----------
    I'm happy as fuck right now. This song kicks ass!!!!!!
    ---------
    Tell me about it, the "Brown Sound" is back, I never thought it would be!
    -----------
    The band is talking to it's fans..i love it!
    ----------
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    09-07-2006 @ 04:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks

For the record, this was my review of “It’s About Time” posted at Rolling Stone and Blabbermouth yesterday, and posted on this forum today.

"It's About Time" - Van Halen
    Review by GSlinger – May 25, 2004

This new, and pubically awaited track with glorified fanfare, is the worst piece of garbage I have ever heard in my 27 years of following this band, and 35 years in the hardrock biz as a highly gifted product of the SFrisco/Hendrix/Joplin era.

Not one thing works in “It’s About Time”. The song’s compositional structure, flow, and timing is total crap; the words are like they were written by a 3rd grader; I’ve heard cats f—k with more harmony and lyrical tone than this song’s vocal track; and Eddie can't even play. Van Halen’s new “musical contribution”, has some of the worse fretwork and riffs, I have ever heard Eddie lay down. It also confirms my greatest fear. Eddie’s living in a bottle and totally destroying his health,….also destroyed his brilliant guitarmanship.

Sad, Eddie was one of the greatest guitarist in the history of rock music. Now he is a washed up hack and dying bum, defrauding his loyal fan base out of their hard-earned money. Very painful - This band’s career is history, and this song confirms it has been for quite some time. Ex frontman David Lee Roth, is very fortunate he is not involved with yet another of Eddie Van Halen’s directed public spectacles.

Thread Information