Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Just a precursor to the inevitable reparations. I remember watching coverage of a reparations rally about 8 years ago at the National Mall. Everyone there was singing a song that I found so ridiculous that it stuck with me.

We want a house
    Up on the hill
    and a 2002
    Coupe De'Ville
    We want
    R e p a r a t i o n s
    We want
    R e p a r a t i o n s

This also brings up the question of will the blacks pay reparations to the Jews? Or even apologize formally? Farrakhan states the blacks ruled Egypt, and Egypt used Jew slaves.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

What slave did the senate apologize to?

The ones that make our clothes?

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Shit. My ancestors were in Scandinavia when there was slavery in the United States. So I have no real connection to the issue at all. Last time my blood was involved in slavery is when the Norwegian vikings were making the French and the Irish slaves.
        The thing is that once you go back that far you probably had 'blood' on both sides of any conflict or issue. People just choose the blood line that suits them rather than realising the huge pyramid of people before you e.g.

Birth Year 1950
        Generation/Year/Ancestors/Ancestors with your surname
        parents 1925 2 50.00%
        grandparents 1900 4 25.00%
        great-grandparents 1875 8 12.50%
        4 generations back 1850 16 6.25%
        5 generations back 1825 32 3.13%
        6 generations back 1800 64 1.56%
        7 generations back 1775 128 0.78%
        8 generations back 1750 256 0.39%
        9 generations back 1725 512 0.20%
        10 generations back 1700 1024 0.10%
        11 generations back 1675 2048 0.05%
        12 generations back 1650 4096 0.02%
        13 generations back 1625 8192 0.01%
        14 generations back 1600 16384 0.01%

Comment

• letsrock
          Veteran
          • Mar 2007

Wait a minute is this apologizing for when whites owned blacks?
          or is this apologizing for making us work ourselves to death and taxing the shit out of us?

Please clarify.

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by letsrock
            Wait a minute is this apologizing for when whites owned blacks?
            or is this apologizing for making us work ourselves to death and taxing the shit out of us?

Please clarify.

Over in Spain they have that 2hr..? break in the middle of the day...? rite..?

We get a 30 min lunch shove some crap in our face and back to it..2 weeks off vacation per year..?

Over here in the land of the free we work from 14 or so till 65 yrs old then we get our retirement and that is about 5 years from the national average of how long we live.

This 65yr old retirement was created back when people died at 62 years I am sure our Government would like to raise the age of retirement to 70 years..if you -catch my drift-..

5 years to reap the benifits of 50 years of work..?

and ..we have it easy compared to some parts of the world no real bitch about...

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

Thome,

i get your point, but you saw mine as well.

John

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Thome,

i get your point, but you saw mine as well.

John
                TruDat!

I can see how our Government digs earning interest off our FICA and then gets rich if we die too early to collect it..lol

Comment

• letsrock
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2007

But i never understood this thing of apologizing for slavery or other things we (usa govt) apologize for. It would be ok if these current members owned slaves and then apologized, but i'm sure that none of them do. Or have.

Bigger question:

When is the Library in California gonna apologize for letting Gar use there resources?

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

But i never understood this thing of apologizing for slavery or other things we (usa govt) apologize for. It would be ok if these current members owned slaves and then apologized, but i'm sure that none of them do. Or have.

Bigger question:

When is the Library in California gonna apologize for letting Gar use there resources?
                    When it is addressed properly...it takes away the crutch or in some cases helps lessen the argument to keep hating. Opens people up to move on.

The one thing that usually keeps a government from apologizing is that as soon as you admit guilt or wrong doing....the lawyers now have a reason to sue on someone's behalf.

That is how it works in Canada anyways.

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

WACF,

yep it sets a precedence. so to speak.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by thome
                        Over in Spain they have that 2hr..? break in the middle of the day...? rite..?

We get a 30 min lunch shove some crap in our face and back to it..2 weeks off vacation per year..?

Over here in the land of the free we work from 14 or so till 65 yrs old then we get our retirement and that is about 5 years from the national average of how long we live.

This 65yr old retirement was created back when people died at 62 years I am sure our Government would like to raise the age of retirement to 70 years..if you -catch my drift-..

5 years to reap the benifits of 50 years of work..?

and ..we have it easy compared to some parts of the world no real bitch about...
                        My Swedish pal just had his second kid.

He now gets 6 months paternity leave on full pay...

Comment

Working...