X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Lord of the Lies

I was asked if Obama has kept any campaign promise, and I couldnt think of one so I thought I'd ask the Peanut Gallery here what's going on.

- he's lied about access to the White House
    - he's lied about closing Guantanamo Bay Detention Center
    - he's lied about only taxing those making 250K for healthcare insurance
    - he's lied about the timeline for withdrawing troops in Iraq
    - he's lied about the actual cost of the Stimulust Plan
    - he's lied about he implimentation of the Stimulust Plan
    - he's lied about "reforming the government lobbyist access"
    - he's lied about taking money from.. well, he's taking it from everywhere
    - he's lied today in his Townhall Meeting a number of times, pulling more figures out of his ASS

This guys' an ASS, I keep pointing this out.

He wants the biggest bullshit tax in the history of the world, "Carbon Cap n Trade" to go thru which is going to add $1200 to $1500 for every person in the country.

Why is this dick not run out of Washington already? I don't get it.

This is like the story premise of Lord of the Flies, only it's a planeful of Chicago thieving lying motherfuckers that crashed in DC, and they're stabbing and cutting everyone who's not on their side.

Barry Sotero-Obama: Lord of the Lies
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

How Obama Blew His Credibility on the Economy: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I was watching this cable show "hannity" where he's asking the chief white house advisor about how Obama said it's not going to cost the taxpayer anything, yet by some accounts the Cap n Trade bill will cost them as much as $4000 each - and then this SPOKESHOLE says ".. which is keeping to his promise that it wouldn't raise taxes."

So it's okay to lie, just so some of you conDemnocrats out there know what's going on. Bush has been gone for now what 6 months?

I see these conDemnocrats on TV and the very second they're blocked in a corner with the truth of lies and costs and taxes, they say "well Bush.." as if the person interviewing them was a defender of Bush.. like they're all afraid of Bush.

Bush "this" Bush "that".. Yah but Bush "blahblahblah" its nuts!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To be fair most of Obama's campaign was fought before Bush finally managed to make the economy completely implode.

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          To be fair most of Obama's campaign was fought before Bush finally managed to make the economy completely implode.
          Is that going to be the excuse for the next 4 years?

Somehow that's little consolation to me for giving away trillions to the banks, AIG, and car companies.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Despite the continuing nonsense from the right I never thought Obama was radical in any way apart from being black so I'm not surprised at the way it's going. His qualities of being a good communicator and intelligent aren't that unusual for a US president they only looked special after Bush.

It's a really similar situation to when Blair got elected in the UK in 1997. There was great hope with people projecting their long hopes and desires for the country onto him. He was on the crest of a wave and could have done pretty much anything knocking down old problematic political and governmental structures.

He didn't. He just stood there smiling and making speeches saying what people wanted to hear. All he really did was spend some more money on social services some of which was wasted but some wasn't.

That was about it and the UK was relatively rich at the time. Now we look back on it as a great opportunity missed to shake things up a bit.

So far the Obama seems to be very very similar as an outsider looking in but he doesn't really have the money...

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
              I
              He wants the biggest bullshit tax in the history of the world, "Carbon Cap n Trade" to go thru which is going to add $1200 to $1500 for every person in the country.
              where exactly are you getting this figure from? i've heard that (by 2020) the actual cost is likely to increase the average household by between $175 and $340.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is what will happen for the next 4 or 8 years. It won't matter that Obama is a centrist they will keep screaming again and again that the black man is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

This is what will happen for the next 4 or 8 years. It won't matter that Obama is a centrist they will keep screaming again and again that the black man is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.
                  Now there's an insightful post.

About as informative as talking about Blair in response to Obama giving trillions to banks. Brilliant.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Obama lie? You mean like when he said no lobbyists would work for his administration...uh, except the ones he makes exceptions for? Or when he said 95% of us will not pay 1 dime in tax increases? Only people who make over $250,000 per year will see taxes increase.

This guy has done a lot for his first few months in office. It's a bit unsettling to think of all he will do in a 4 year term.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Even the press is starting to turn a bit on Gibbs, if not Obama himself. Playing non-network favorites with HuffPo is a no-no in the press room apparently..

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

StimuLUST plan, GAyR??

Now we know that's not true, or South of the Border Sanford wouldn't have turned down the money.

Of course he would have spent it all on ho's from Argentina, but that's beside the point.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

... is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.
                          What do you figure here? One gun = one inch of penis? Thank God I only have 4 guns then, that'll leave me with enough for aiming my stream. Just to be safe though I'm not going to be purchasing any more firearms.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                            Even the press is starting to turn a bit on Gibbs, if not Obama himself. Playing non-network favorites with HuffPo is a no-no in the press room apparently..
                            The guy interviewed was not Gibbs it was this black haired younger fella, and I was shocked at how blatantly straight-faced he lied to the camera with "keeping his promise to not raise taxes" as if this bill isn't the most intrusive piece of Big Brother ever to come down the line.

It will affect you if you:

wash your car
                            wash your dog
                            wash your dishes
                            wash your clothes
                            take a bath
                            heat water
                            drink water
                            flush toilet water
                            heat your home
                            cool your home
                            use a hair dryer
                            use a clothes dryer
                            use a light switch
                            use a light socket
                            use electricity
                            use natural gas
                            use gasoline
                            use diesel fuel
                            use propane
                            use firewood
                            use a window
                            use a door
                            breathe air
                            exhale air
                            own pets or livestock that breathe air

.. and it makes the EPA its own power, separate from Congress, with the ability to rule regulate tax and impound your shit, levy your property to inspect and insulate your house including changing everything about it even if you cant afford it.. and on and on.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

You want me to post all 1200 pages of the bill that got pushed into the House, or the 300 added pages that the Condemacrats got added in 8 hours before the vote schedule?

To be sure, you'll see hundreds of pages added at the last moment before the Senate vote on it. Pray for a miracle this piece of SHIT dies a horrible death!

Comment

Working...