A remind of what all the fuss was about.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davehagarfan
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD
    That would be the infamous Atomic Punks, and Ralph was indeed excellent at his Dave impersonation. This is the band that both Bart Walsh and Brian Young played in, before they moved on to Dave's band. The guitarist here is Russ. Forget his last name. Unfortunately Ralph is no longer with the 'Punks. He's doing "Steel Panther" full time now (which is like what Spinal Tap would be if they were from LA, and not supposed to be British)

Playing with Dave was probably a step down. The Punks played shit like On Fire, Women In Love and Light Up The Sky. You'll never hear Dave do those songs.

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      You hitting the ganja again Bugger ??

You've gotta know the Punks, bro....
      I havent seen one of their vids in a few years, thought it might be them but wasnt sure, I honestly have only seen a couple of them.....
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• hankster
        Roadie
        • Mar 2007

Haha, the Punks were alot more fun to watch than VH is now, it's a shame too cause VH wasn't all that bad in Greensboro!
        The Hankster Cometh

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by davehagarfan
          He was implying it....the only thing he left out is the part about the $93 million tour gross. I really thought the Cherone years and the 2004 tour were the worst it could get but it turns out I was wrong.

That dude in the other thread that said MWM and CGTSNM were our crackers was wrong. As it turns out this half ass reunion is VH fans cracker. I love reading the delusional tard comments over at YouTube about how great this tour was.

I'm not sure which is fucking gayer.....Sammy and Ed singing "face to face" a couple times during the When It's Love video or David Lee Roth agreeing to front the band again with Wolfie Bonaduce on bass guitar
          ?????? Dude. Please. Don't try to be a psycic because you are horrible at it. Your assumption is way out in left field. What I stated is what I stated and no more and no less. I shared a YouTube to show how great VH was in their early prime. No where did I even remotely hint that I thought they would be this great now. In my oppinion. It would be impossible to catch that magic now. VH might be able to play that song well today but it's not going to be what's in the clip. It's just a slice of historic magic.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• davehagarfan
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ?????? Dude. Please. Don't try to be a psycic because you are horrible at it. Your assumption is way out in left field. What I stated is what I stated and no more and no less. I shared a YouTube to show how great VH was in their early prime. No where did I even remotely hint that I thought they would be this great now. In my oppinion. It would be impossible to catch that magic now. VH might be able to play that song well today but it's not going to be what's in the clip. It's just a slice of historic magic.

I think we all know.....bitterly enough...just how great VH was in their prime and what could have been.....we don't need a reminder....I don't need a reminder....I'm reminded of it everday when I listen to them in my car and it sucks just how far they've fallen from that...and dude...you don't have any room accusing anyone of being out in "left field" 'cause you own left field bro

Comment

• davehagarfan
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hankster
              Haha, the Punks were alot more fun to watch than VH is now, it's a shame too cause VH wasn't all that bad in Greensboro!

They aren't as good without Ralph and Russ...with those two guys they owned the fuck out of VH everytime they played.....Dave and Ed are so far removed from it it's sad to watch......Mick and Keef are closer to it then Dave and Ed could ever hope to be

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                They damn well better play this song on the 2010 tour.
                They wont. They barely got through part of Mean Street...

Dave was in good form on the last tour and was impressive but even he couldn't pull THAT one off...

Here's an example of how difficult that song is live...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dri9ogb5dU0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dri9ogb5dU0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

I still can't figure out why from the last tour they didn't use the echo when Dave did his screams in whatever songs. They did it pretty regular back in the day and it always made the live performance's sound sonic.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Like this ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Tell me Michael Anthony didn't kick ASS!!!

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Like this ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Yep, just like that. And MA did kick some serious ass.

Comment

• george
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2004

fuck yeah

Comment

• davehagarfan
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Tell me Michael Anthony didn't kick ASS!!!

Michael didn't kick ass....Wolfie is the best bassist Ed and Dave have ever played with....the band has never sounded tighter or better.....Wolfie makes Billy sound like Alec John Such

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by davehagarfan
                              wolfie makes billy sound like alec john such
                              lmao!

Comment

Working...