Thread: A remind of what all the fuss was about.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

A remind of what all the fuss was about.

Not the best sound recording but VH is kicking ass and going for broke. Just a blast from the past to remind us of how fantastic this band was when they were hungry and out to conquer the world.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Awesome! That's one of my favorite songs. And 4th of July is upon us. Nothing says Van Halen like busting out the Coleman grill & Kingsford, a cooler of beer, and some burgers, steaks & hot dogs then watching the fireworks while your shorts are still damp from the water balloon fight earlier in the day.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They damn well better play this song on the 2010 tour.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Not the best sound recording but VH is kicking ass and going for broke. Just a blast from the past to remind us of how fantastic this band was when they were hungry and out to conquer the world.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're really trying to compare original CVH to the dog and pony show it's turned into? Christ Almighty! Talk about your

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davehagarfan View Post
    You're really trying to compare original CVH to the dog and pony show it's turned into? Christ Almighty! Talk about your
    No where in his post did he compare this clip to the current version of VH. Just reminiscing on a great band from the 70's-80's. And don't bring Christ into this...he's still at the Crate & Barrel website trying to figure out what's still available that he can send to Eddie as a wedding gift.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    No where in his post did he compare this clip to the current version of VH. Just reminiscing on a great band from the 70's-80's. And don't bring Christ into this...he's still at the Crate & Barrel website trying to figure out what's still available that he can send to Eddie as a wedding gift.

He was implying it....the only thing he left out is the part about the $93 million tour gross. I really thought the Cherone years and the 2004 tour were the worst it could get but it turns out I was wrong.

That dude in the other thread that said MWM and CGTSNM were our crackers was wrong. As it turns out this half ass reunion is VH fans cracker. I love reading the delusional tard comments over at YouTube about how great this tour was.

I'm not sure which is fucking gayer.....Sammy and Ed singing "face to face" a couple times during the When It's Love video or David Lee Roth agreeing to front the band again with Wolfie Bonaduce on bass guitar

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dont know who this is, but the guy doing Roth nails his voice really good.....
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpW0qXTzOK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpW0qXTzOK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Atomic Drunk
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up Light 'em Up!

That audio made the hair on my arms stand up. Jesus H. Christ. Killer version.

STAY FROSTY
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggodrill44 View Post
    That audio made the hair on my arms stand up.
    No time for your morning depilation today?

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bug View Post
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpW0qXTzOK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpW0qXTzOK0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Its the Atomic Punks. I must add the drummer is playing Tama which is incorrect(should be Ludwig) and he's playing 8th notes on the hihat when it should be 16th notes.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Such an amazing song... maybe the most underrated of all CVH songs. Where the fuck are the soundboards for this and the many other tours?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That would be the infamous Atomic Punks, and Ralph was indeed excellent at his Dave impersonation. This is the band that both Bart Walsh and Brian Young played in, before they moved on to Dave's band. The guitarist here is Russ. Forget his last name. Unfortunately Ralph is no longer with the 'Punks. He's doing "Steel Panther" full time now (which is like what Spinal Tap would be if they were from LA, and not supposed to be British)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The guitarist here is Russ. Forget his last name.
    Parrish ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You hitting the ganja again Bugger ??

You've gotta know the Punks, bro....

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That would be the infamous Atomic Punks, and Ralph was indeed excellent at his Dave impersonation. This is the band that both Bart Walsh and Brian Young played in, before they moved on to Dave's band. The guitarist here is Russ. Forget his last name. Unfortunately Ralph is no longer with the 'Punks. He's doing "Steel Panther" full time now (which is like what Spinal Tap would be if they were from LA, and not supposed to be British)

Playing with Dave was probably a step down. The Punks played shit like On Fire, Women In Love and Light Up The Sky. You'll never hear Dave do those songs.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    You hitting the ganja again Bugger ??

You've gotta know the Punks, bro....
    I havent seen one of their vids in a few years, thought it might be them but wasnt sure, I honestly have only seen a couple of them.....

RockNRoll's Real God!!
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Haha, the Punks were alot more fun to watch than VH is now, it's a shame too cause VH wasn't all that bad in Greensboro!
    The Hankster Cometh

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He was implying it....the only thing he left out is the part about the $93 million tour gross. I really thought the Cherone years and the 2004 tour were the worst it could get but it turns out I was wrong.

That dude in the other thread that said MWM and CGTSNM were our crackers was wrong. As it turns out this half ass reunion is VH fans cracker. I love reading the delusional tard comments over at YouTube about how great this tour was.

I'm not sure which is fucking gayer.....Sammy and Ed singing "face to face" a couple times during the When It's Love video or David Lee Roth agreeing to front the band again with Wolfie Bonaduce on bass guitar
    ?????? Dude. Please. Don't try to be a psycic because you are horrible at it. Your assumption is way out in left field. What I stated is what I stated and no more and no less. I shared a YouTube to show how great VH was in their early prime. No where did I even remotely hint that I thought they would be this great now. In my oppinion. It would be impossible to catch that magic now. VH might be able to play that song well today but it's not going to be what's in the clip. It's just a slice of historic magic.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    ?????? Dude. Please. Don't try to be a psycic because you are horrible at it. Your assumption is way out in left field. What I stated is what I stated and no more and no less. I shared a YouTube to show how great VH was in their early prime. No where did I even remotely hint that I thought they would be this great now. In my oppinion. It would be impossible to catch that magic now. VH might be able to play that song well today but it's not going to be what's in the clip. It's just a slice of historic magic.

I think we all know.....bitterly enough...just how great VH was in their prime and what could have been.....we don't need a reminder....I don't need a reminder....I'm reminded of it everday when I listen to them in my car and it sucks just how far they've fallen from that...and dude...you don't have any room accusing anyone of being out in "left field" 'cause you own left field bro

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hankster View Post
    Haha, the Punks were alot more fun to watch than VH is now, it's a shame too cause VH wasn't all that bad in Greensboro!

They aren't as good without Ralph and Russ...with those two guys they owned the fuck out of VH everytime they played.....Dave and Ed are so far removed from it it's sad to watch......Mick and Keef are closer to it then Dave and Ed could ever hope to be

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They damn well better play this song on the 2010 tour.
    They wont. They barely got through part of Mean Street...

Dave was in good form on the last tour and was impressive but even he couldn't pull THAT one off...

Here's an example of how difficult that song is live...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dri9ogb5dU0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dri9ogb5dU0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still can't figure out why from the last tour they didn't use the echo when Dave did his screams in whatever songs. They did it pretty regular back in the day and it always made the live performance's sound sonic.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like this ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tell me Michael Anthony didn't kick ASS!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Like this ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C19gisGTmG0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Yep, just like that. And MA did kick some serious ass.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    fuck yeah

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Tell me Michael Anthony didn't kick ASS!!!

Michael didn't kick ass....Wolfie is the best bassist Ed and Dave have ever played with....the band has never sounded tighter or better.....Wolfie makes Billy sound like Alec John Such

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    wolfie makes billy sound like alec john such
    lmao!

Thread Information