Thanks

Fun Facts Revisited Very Fun!

2007 Van Halen tour with David Lee Roth:
    39 shows, $56.7 million Gross Revenue
    Avg capacity 99.9967%

2004 Van Halen tour with Sammy Hagar:
    79 shows, $54.3 million Gross Revenue
    Avg capacity 73%

In less than half the shows, Van Roth has already made more money than the ENTIRE VAN HAGAR 2004 TOUR!

Source: Pollstar

Update: The Van Halen reunion with Dave grossed 97 million from 74 shows.

Van Halen sold a quarter million *more* tickets in 5 *less* shows at *higher* prices than Van Hagar in 2004.

Amazing, considering:
    Van Hagar had Mike Anthony instead of Wolfgang.
    Van Hagar toured on the Greatest Hits album, no album for the Roth reunion.
    The Roth reunion was postponed from Spring of 2007 to Fall of 2007 and then almost the entire second leg in 2008 was cancelled and rescheduled!

---
    Entire Van Hagar -
    OU812
    FUCK
    Right Here, RN
    Balance
    BOBW
    ----
    19x Platinum

Two from Dave:
    VH1
    -----
    20x Platinum

---
    Van Hagar - 19 million sold
    Van Roth - 37 million sold

1984 sold more in it's first year than ANY Van Hagar album sold in it's first 8 years!

Solo Platinum records:
    Dave - 3
    Sammy - 2

(Sammy has never had an album go Platinum outside his tenure with Van Halen)

Source: RIAA

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumda...

Van Hagar sold out only 4 of it first 50 shows and avg only 73% capacity:

http://www.billboard.com/billboard/im...

Attendance stats for Van Hagar 2004:

http://www.marksaw.com/04vanhalen.html

Fargodome capacity - 25,000
    Van Hagar 2004 - 4,618

Van Hagar played to less than 19% capacity! Promoters lost $250,000 on just one Van Hagar concert! Van halen with Dave have not played to less than 99% capacity!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BLAB...

Fargodome capacity:
    Fargodome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fargodome even tried slashing ticket prices for a short time period, but that didn't do much for overall sales:

http://www.foundrymusic.com/bands/dis...

For years, Sammy was losing money on his tequila. Marco Monroy (Cabo Wabo architect) had to bail him out. In 2006, Hagar fired the majority of his staff and later sold off 80% (split with Monroy) to pay off his bills:

Apparent mismanagement leads to company changes

Rocker Sammy Hagar has mercifully pulled in the reigns on his Cabo Wabo Tequila Empire after a year of apparent mismanagement and increasing losses of revenue. President Barry Augus has been demoted and seems to take the brunt of the responsibility for the company's downward spiral. The Oakland corporate office and the majority of the staff were given pink slips last Thursday.

http://www.tequilaaficionado.com/arti...

In 1985, when Sammy Hagar joined VH, he had 3 Gold solo records and 1 Gold with Montrose.

At the same time, David Lee Roth already had 6 multi-Platinum records with VH and 1 solo platinum album.

Sammy Hagar inherited Roth's fame and when he was kicked out of VH, Sammy never had another Platinum or Gold record.

After Dave left VH, he had multiple Platinum records.

----
    David Lee Roth: Then you've got Sammy Hagar, who at best is a mediocre talent.

Howard Stern: I agree with that. I'll rate him lower than mediocre.

David Lee Roth: Sammy would sell the property rights to his butthole to get fame.

Howard Stern: Right.

David Lee Roth: Because he was a complete failure till he got with the Van Halen bunch.

Howard Stern: True. I hate Sammy Hagar, period.

David Lee Roth: Sammy is a mindless little bridge-troll drone. You know, everything that comes out of his mouth is word-barf.

----

After 30 years, DLR is still selling out huge arenas with Van Halen, something Hagar failed to do in 2004. Hagar is playing small movie theaters (he failed to sellout an 800 seater in Dallas last year) because Dave is the better singer, songwriter and performer, period.

There is no debating facts. Dave beats Hagar like a red-headed step child in every category. There is only 1 singer for Van Halen!

---
    Quote - "If I'm gonna do a book, I want to do a dedicated Van Halen book. The David Lee Roth years, which to me is THE Van Halen. Forget Sammy, forget Gary.That was the shit. From 78 to 84, I think Van Halen was the number 1 rock band in the world, as far as I'm concerned. Dave is a genius as far as I'm concerned. Sammy Hagar or Gary Cherone = For what? I didn't like either of them in Van Halen. David Lee Roth is Van Halen, period. No if, ands, or buts." - Neil Zlozower, VH Photographer
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 11 users say thank you to lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Cato (07-04-2009),Coyote (07-07-2009),Dan (07-04-2009),GAR (07-05-2009),Golden AWe (07-09-2009),hideyoursheep (07-06-2009),Mr Walker (07-06-2009),Terry (07-08-2009),vaijuju (07-06-2009),VAiN (07-05-2009)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sammy Hagar is a local singer of the USA after all, unlike Dave.
    He has no popularity in other countries at all. that's why he can't sell more records than Dave and can't go overseas to play alone.

good thread.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Cato for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (07-06-2009)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post

---
    Van Hagar - 19 million sold
    Van Roth - 37 million sold
    The BIG problem with that number? Some of those albums with Hagar included Dave songs.

Best of Both Worlds? Half Dave era.

Right Here Right Now? Half Dave era.

So the sales from those albums should be removed and not counted to either singers column. Sammy selling an album because he sings Panama, Jump, Aint Talkin Bout Love, or Unchained DOES NOT go into the Sammy sales column. Period.

Dave or the grave

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-15-2009 @ 01:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

-The tour still sucked balls without Mike....it still ain't CVH...it's a version of Van Hagar but this time it's Dave that's fronting it...I never thought I'd see Dave lower himself to that when it came to Van Halen

-Dave's solo career compared to what he did between 1978-1984 was less than impressive......some of it was cool but it just wasn't the same and wasn't nearly as cool

-Each one of Dave's solo albums sold less than the one before

-Dave couldn't keep a band

-Ed's a prick

-Sam didn't come a knocking on Ed'd door.....Ed came a knocking on Sam's

-Stern talks out of both sides of his ass...I've heard him sweet talk Sam on his channel too

-Ed's still a prick and cun't play for shit compared to what he once was

-VH sucks now and has for a long, long.....long time

-Then again so has Dave's solo career

-It's pretty bad when a bunch of Sunset Strip never were's can play CVH better than the two guys who original drove the bus to begin with

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    The BIG problem with that number? Some of those albums with Hagar included Dave songs.

Best of Both Worlds? Half Dave era.

Right Here Right Now? Half Dave era.

So the sales from those albums should be removed and not counted to either singers column. Sammy selling an album because he sings Panama, Jump, Aint Talkin Bout Love, or Unchained DOES NOT go into the Sammy sales column. Period.

Dave or the grave

It still ain't CVH even with Dave there.....it's only slighty less weak than the 2004 Drunk Off My Ass tour

A part of me can't blame Dave for touring with the Sisters again but a part of me does and can when I think of the uproar that would have happend had Hagar cut Mike out and done a tour with Meth guy, Neckbrace and Wolf N' Cheese

Dave really sucks balls for doing that

It's really a fucking shame.....VH 1978-1984 really were on their way to being our generations Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin and they fucking blew it.....Dave and Ed especially....they really fucked the pooch and keep on fucking it

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

DHF, This Thread is about facts. Not Your opinions of what dicks Ed and Dave are.

9. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (07-09-2009)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,615 Posts

just wait, we will see the real DHF soon enough.

if we keep telling him there would be no Aerosmith comeback without Run DMC's help he'll snap.

11. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

hideyoursheep (07-06-2009)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Those sales figures are also US only. '1984' is certified 10-million seller, and it's a long time since it reached that. BUT, as this snip from a Dec. 84 issue of music trade mag Billboard shows, 1984 had sold 8 million worldwide in the year of 1984 alone:

Van Halen, 1984 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

So, who knows what the total worldwide sales are, but with the worldwide success of Jump, it'll easily be a lot more than 10 million.

In Europe, remember, Van Hagar were an opening act. Opening for Bon Jovi - what a comedown. But it was a combination of that idiot Ray Danniels mismanaging them and the fact that Van Hagar sold squat in Europe because they had ignored it since Dave left.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Just looking again at the sales of '1984'. At the time of the Warner Bros. snippet, which appeared in Billboard in Dec. 84 the album was RIAA certified as 4 x platinum in the USA. It reached 5 x platinum late in January '85. So, this worldwide figure of nearly 8 million sold by Dec. 84:

means that the album had sold over 3 million outside the USA that year.

So, we know that it is now certified (for the USA) as 10 x platinum, but then you need to add the worldwide sales, which in '84 alon were over three million. In other words, it is likely that the total world sales for the album are at least about 14 or 15 million. You could say the same for the debut album - it kept selling.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davehagarfan View Post
    -The tour still sucked balls without Mike....it still ain't CVH...it's a version of Van Hagar but this time it's Dave that's fronting it...I never thought I'd see Dave lower himself to that when it came to Van Halen

-Dave's solo career compared to what he did between 1978-1984 was less than impressive......some of it was cool but it just wasn't the same and wasn't nearly as cool

-Each one of Dave's solo albums sold less than the one before

-Dave couldn't keep a band

-Ed's a prick

-Sam didn't come a knocking on Ed'd door.....Ed came a knocking on Sam's

-Stern talks out of both sides of his ass...I've heard him sweet talk Sam on his channel too

-Ed's still a prick and cun't play for shit compared to what he once was

-VH sucks now and has for a long, long.....long time

-Then again so has Dave's solo career

-It's pretty bad when a bunch of Sunset Strip never were's can play CVH better than the two guys who original drove the bus to begin with
    Hey, Shithead... you mentioned Dave's solo career FOUR times, including how he couldn't keep a band.

How about talking about Spammy's solo career?

Cheers! :bottle:

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    Those sales figures are also US only. '1984' is certified 10-million seller, and it's a long time since it reached that. BUT, as this snip from a Dec. 84 issue of music trade mag Billboard shows, 1984 had sold 8 million worldwide in the year of 1984 alone:

So, who knows what the total worldwide sales are, but with the worldwide success of Jump, it'll easily be a lot more than 10 million.

In Europe, remember, Van Hagar were an opening act. Opening for Bon Jovi - what a comedown. But it was a combination of that idiot Ray Danniels mismanaging them and the fact that Van Hagar sold squat in Europe because they had ignored it since Dave left.
    It's not like they took Europe by storm every tour from 1978 to 1984. They didn't go back for a couple years after the first tour and they were playing clubs and theaters on that tour. I think alot of that had to do with Ed and Al being dumbasses and a little lazy. I've read several times where Al would cry about it being "pay to play" over there. America was more lucrative and less work for them because they had established themselves. If they would have hit that shit with Dave from 1978 to 1984 their world wide record sales would be alot more then they are. Which I think they are hovering somewhere around 70 million but it might be as low as 50 million. I can't remember the exact number. It's definitely alot less then Bon Jovi, Metallica and alot of other bands.

They played under AC/DC in 1984 over in Europe. They didn't work Europe like they should have back then. Ray Danniels had nothing to do with that.
    Last edited by davehagarfan; 07-05-2009 at 07:54 PM.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imapus_Sylicker View Post
    Hey, Shithead... you mentioned Dave's solo career FOUR times, including how he couldn't keep a band.

How about talking about Spammy's solo career?

What about Spam's solo career? Did I say it was more impressive than Dave's? No I didn't.....then again Dave's was mostly underwhelming for as reveered as he is by his flock. As good as the EEAS band was it still wasn't Van Halen.......alot like this little reunion tour Dave and Ed just did come to think of it.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes, but at least Dave HAS a solo career. AND he put together at least two GRATE bands, not counting Van Halen.

Spam? Nada. Zero.

And by the way, I like Dave's solo career better than Van Halen, I don't care about sales numbers, or any shit like that.

How many fans would Spam have, if not for Dave and Van Halen? 3? More than I have, yeah, but still...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As good as the EEAS band was it still wasn't Van Halen.......alot like this little reunion tour Dave and Ed just did come to think of it.
    No, EEAS wasn't VH, but at the time, neither was VH. Between the 2 it's a no-brainer. EEAS wins. So does ALAE. As does DLR band, which IMO is BETTER than anything out of Club Ed with Chubby Cheddar serving the Spam n crackers.

If you think for a second that this latest hook up is going to produce anything similar to where they left off 24 years ago, EVEN with MA, you might need a head doctor.

19. Thanked hideyoursheep for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (07-06-2009)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Dave and the promise of a post-rehab Edward is what sold the last tour. The next one will not be as big without Michael Anthony or a really good playing Edward. and it's Ed's fault for not including either one...

It's also Ed's fault for not including Eddie Van Halen in 2004...even that would have sold better, had he been able to play...

21. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

GAR (07-06-2009)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    EVEN with MA, you might need a head doctor.
    At least with Anthony it could possibly sound a bit more like the same band...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    At least with Anthony it could possibly sound a bit more like the same band...
    Ain't that the truth...

Plus the live show, stage presentation would have been 100% real in yo face Van Halen. Which most people seem to conviently forget or write off...

Yeah Dave was the Toast-Master General and carried the big show on stage... but like the 3 Stooges... Mo was nothing without Curly & Larry!! Wolfie didn't even fill the shoes like a half-assed Shemp... or even Curly Joe...

What you got was one-foot-in-the-grave proud daddy/grandpa stage right... 60% Diamond Dave and a box of rocks, bored teenager stage left with a piped in music crutch to keep junior honest.

If Mad Anthony was there... the music, the energy and debatchery on stage would have been 200X over the Geratol and Junior Bullshit we all paid good money for...

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, EEAS wasn't VH, but at the time, neither was VH. Between the 2 it's a no-brainer. EEAS wins. So does ALAE. As does DLR band, which IMO is BETTER than anything out of Club Ed with Chubby Cheddar serving the Spam n crackers.

If you think for a second that this latest hook up is going to produce anything similar to where they left off 24 years ago, EVEN with MA, you might need a head doctor.

ALAE has some good songs but it's a rather piss poor effort considering all the hype it got at the time. There is plenty of filler on that one. The shows I've seen on YouTube on fairly underwhelming too. It just goes to show that Dave needs a VH or a Vai/Billy team backing him. Getting Ray, James and Brian was a step up from Dave's abyssmal showings between 1991-1994. I have a tough time choosing who was more underwhelming at the time.....Dave or F.U.C.K era Van Hagar.

EEAS would have been a slam dunk had Dave not let The Tug loose on the keys and let him douche all over the CVH material........that's just as bad as Sped going up to Spam's house and giving Ched an hour and a half blow job in order to get him to join the band just to spite Dave because Sped knew Dave hated him.

No one really comes out looking all that good in this abortion, Ed and Dave especially.

I have no delusions.....unlike alot of special kids around here....that VH will be able to release some stroke of genius material. VH is all about nostalgia at this point so much so that I wouldn't give a shit about new material even if Mike was there because it's been way to fucking long. Dave and Sped blew any real chances of having a viable second shot years ago. I would just like to see Mike there on the stage to pick up the slack since there is alot of it going around between Sped and Wolf & Cheese. If Sped still playing like he was 25 then maybe I could swallow his bullshit ego trip and delusions of granduer but he quit delivering the goods years ago.

He essentially capped off his career with the Gary Cherone tour.......what a sad way to end things. Rocky Balboa did a more commendable job fighting Clubber Lang the first time then Sped does playing guitar these days.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have no delusions.....unlike alot of special kids around here....

Dude... gotta call bullshit on that steamin pile...

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Dude... gotta call bullshit on that steamin pile...

Go for it...what am I delusional on when it comes to CVH?

That I think if any member of CVH that shouldn't be there it's Sped.....I think he's the "weak link" and a prick for all of the bullshit he's spewed out the last 30 years? You saw both the 2004 and 2007 tours, correct? Taking those two events into cuntsideration am I really all that delusional on the subject? The only thing Sped is good for these days is his marquee name and the fumes he's been coasting on of his past, faded glories....am I wrong?

Maybe it's a bit radical of a thought but we've already been force fed Hagar, Cherbone and now Sped's kid into the band.....the mockery has already been made...honestly I'm surprised we haven't seen a tour with just the two sisters and Wolfincheeseburgers....obviously Sped is smarter than I give him credit for since he's always kept a 3/4 in the lineup.....he's good....I will admit.....it's too bad his guitar playing isn't as good as his manipulating abilities these days.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imapus_Sylicker View Post
    Yes, but at least Dave HAS a solo career. AND he put together at least two GRATE bands, not counting Van Halen.

Spam? Nada. Zero.

And by the way, I like Dave's solo career better than Van Halen, I don't care about sales numbers, or any shit like that.

How many fans would Spam have, if not for Dave and Van Halen? 3? More than I have, yeah, but still...

Dave has a solo career? Dave HAD a solo career in the 80s it got shot to shit in 1991 with the departure of Vai

You like Dave's solo career better than CVH? And people say I'm a complete jackass, idiot

If not for Dave and VH? It was little old Sped that came a knockin' on Spam's door in 1985 not the other way around. Spam may not have been outselling Paul McCartney but he released some solid material for Geffen and was doing good business.....certainly better than Ted Nugent's numbers at the time.

Eric Clapton certainly had nothing to worry about when it came to Spam's solo career but then again, Clapton had nothing to worry about when it came to Roth's solo career either.

Dave put together atleast two great bands? EEAS was a great band though Greg Bissonette made Mike Anthony look like Jack Bruce......but that band got diluted with each passing album and tour until it was a complete parody of itself by 1991

I won't be a complete dick and discuss in depth 1994, The Mambo Slammers and Dave's brief Vegas stint

1999 brought a nice return to form for Dave......but after his Vegas stint 1991 would have seemed like a nice return...... however I tend to prefer Ray, James and Brian. Bert Walsh and that bass player from that gay ass band Hardline just didn't do it for me. They were "good" but they weren't "great"

Brian, James and Ray....now they were "great!"

EEAS....correction...Vai and Billy were GREAT....Bissonette and Tuggle....not so much.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's not like they took Europe by storm every tour from 1978 to 1984. They didn't go back for a couple years after the first tour and they were playing clubs and theaters on that tour. I think alot of that had to do with Ed and Al being dumbasses and a little lazy. I've read several times where Al would cry about it being "pay to play" over there. America was more lucrative and less work for them because they had established themselves. If they would have hit that shit with Dave from 1978 to 1984 their world wide record sales would be alot more then they are. Which I think they are hovering somewhere around 70 million but it might be as low as 50 million. I can't remember the exact number. It's definitely alot less then Bon Jovi, Metallica and alot of other bands.

They played under AC/DC in 1984 over in Europe. They didn't work Europe like they should have back then. Ray Danniels had nothing to do with that.
    I think opening for AC/DC is on a different sight plane with opening for Bon Jovi. Or maybe its just me....

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave has a solo career? Dave HAD a solo career in the 80s it got shot to shit in 1991 with the departure of Vai

You like Dave's solo career better than CVH? And people say I'm a complete jackass, idiot

If not for Dave and VH? It was little old Sped that came a knockin' on Spam's door in 1985 not the other way around. Spam may not have been outselling Paul McCartney but he released some solid material for Geffen and was doing good business.....certainly better than Ted Nugent's numbers at the time.

Eric Clapton certainly had nothing to worry about when it came to Spam's solo career but then again, Clapton had nothing to worry about when it came to Roth's solo career either.

Dave put together atleast two great bands? EEAS was a great band though Greg Bissonette made Mike Anthony look like Jack Bruce......but that band got diluted with each passing album and tour until it was a complete parody of itself by 1991

I won't be a complete dick and discuss in depth 1994, The Mambo Slammers and Dave's brief Vegas stint

1999 brought a nice return to form for Dave......but after his Vegas stint 1991 would have seemed like a nice return...... however I tend to prefer Ray, James and Brian. Bert Walsh and that bass player from that gay ass band Hardline just didn't do it for me. They were "good" but they weren't "great"

EEAS....correction...Vai and Billy were GREAT....Bissonette and Tuggle....not so much.

What the fuck bro?
    Where's the love for Rocket Ritchotte?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

ALAE has some good songs but it's a rather piss poor effort considering all the hype it got at the time. There is plenty of filler on that one. The shows I've seen on YouTube on fairly underwhelming too. It just goes to show that Dave needs a VH or a Vai/Billy team backing him. Getting Ray, James and Brian was a step up from Dave's abyssmal showings between 1991-1994. I have a tough time choosing who was more underwhelming at the time.....Dave or F.U.C.K era Van Hagar.

EEAS would have been a slam dunk had Dave not let The Tug loose on the keys and let him douche all over the CVH material........that's just as bad as Sped going up to Spam's house and giving Ched an hour and a half blow job in order to get him to join the band just to spite Dave because Sped knew Dave hated him.

No one really comes out looking all that good in this abortion, Ed and Dave especially.

I have no delusions.....unlike alot of special kids around here....that VH will be able to release some stroke of genius material. VH is all about nostalgia at this point so much so that I wouldn't give a shit about new material even if Mike was there because it's been way to fucking long. Dave and Sped blew any real chances of having a viable second shot years ago. I would just like to see Mike there on the stage to pick up the slack since there is alot of it going around between Sped and Wolf & Cheese. If Sped still playing like he was 25 then maybe I could swallow his bullshit ego trip and delusions of granduer but he quit delivering the goods years ago.

He essentially capped off his career with the Gary Cherone tour.......what a sad way to end things. Rocky Balboa did a more commendable job fighting Clubber Lang the first time then Sped does playing guitar these days.
    Apart from the tediousness of being lectured in depth to by someone that has never even seen Van Halen in concert or as I remember even a Roth solo show, I had forgotten about these stupid fucking nicknames you give all the people involved. Sped, Cheese and Spam and Ched and fuck knows what else.

It's like having to listen to some dumb 12 year old kids arguing about Pokemon and very quickly I'm sure I'm not alone in just switching off the noise and skipping over your posts.

31. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (07-09-2009)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Sammy Hagar is a local singer of the USA after all, unlike Dave.
    He has no popularity in other countries at all. that's why he can't sell more records than Dave and can't go overseas to play alone.

good thread.
    This is very true. I wouldn't be surprised if solo Roth outsold Van Hagar outside the US.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That is true...

I sometimes forget about that sort of thing...

I remember Yngwie doing pretty good in Japan and several other places and I saw him here at an auditorium with nobody even close to the stage, so...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I saw Dave play at a club in New Orleans supporting ALAE and I was standing on the same floor he was. MAYBE there were 100 people there. I met him and shook his hand...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave solo sold out the same arena in Melbourne Australia twice over,
    within months of a touring Van Hagar who couldnt fill it once...

At that time, Dave (At least in Australia) was a way more popular
    live draw than Van Hagar...

If you want more specifics I shall get them for you.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What year you talking about ??

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

ALAE has some good songs but it's a rather piss poor effort considering all the hype it got at the time.
    Hype? Sorry, I totally missed any "hype".

But then again, you listen to Bon Jovi.

And you like it.

I think we're done for today.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What year you talking about ??
    1988, and a few months later in 1998, Van Hagar failed
    to sellout the "Rod Laver Arena" where Dave had packed
    em in, twice !!

DAVID LEE ROTH Concert Photos Melbourne Australia 24 October 1988

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Damn... Thats only ten years ago that Van Hagar was in Oz....
    We need the current deal quickly !!!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Go for it...what am I delusional on when it comes to CVH?

That I think if any member of CVH that shouldn't be there it's Sped.....I think he's the "weak link" and a prick for all of the bullshit he's spewed out the last 30 years? You saw both the 2004 and 2007 tours, correct? Taking those two events into cuntsideration am I really all that delusional on the subject? The only thing Sped is good for these days is his marquee name and the fumes he's been coasting on of his past, faded glories....am I wrong?
    Thanks... you proved my point about being delusional right out of the chute!!

All the CVH members are somewhat of a "weaker link" than in their prime. Clearly Ed has lost the most edge of them all...

But it is 120% delusional to think you could remove any of the original 4 and still call it Van Halen. To think dropping Ed is a viable option is total dumbass thinking.

Yeah there's kids that can play the notes faster, more clearly, etc. Even Brian Young is an excellent guitar player and can play most VH material more proficiently than most... but he's still an impersonator and he will even admit... he ain't no Eddie nor will ever be.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I saw Dave play at a club in New Orleans supporting ALAE and I was standing on the same floor he was. MAYBE there were 100 people there. I met him and shook his hand...
    Same tour he was playing to 3000 over here.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Same tour he was playing to 3000 over here.
    Dave didn't start doing clubs until the 'Your Filthy Little Mouth' tour... he was still doing amphitheaters in the US when he was touring in support of 'ALAE' with his 'pissing demons'. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that maybe Elvis saw him in a club in 1994, not 1991.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you had some valid points in this post, you lose them all by calling me an idiot just because I prefer Dave's solo carrer over Van Halen.

Ever heard of personal taste? Maybe Freedom of Choice?

Why am I an idiot if Dave's songs, especially ALAE and YFLM sound better to me than Van Halen's?

Maybe I use my ears, and they tell me what I like. Some people use their ears for OTHERS to tell them what they like. Which category do you fit in, Hagar Fan?

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    What the fuck bro?
    Where's the love for Rocket Ritchotte?

Dave would have been better off getting Rikki Rockett to play guitar for him than that guy......I almost stopped being a Satriani fan cause the guy hired the Bissonette sisters way back when

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Apart from the tediousness of being lectured in depth to by someone that has never even seen Van Halen in concert or as I remember even a Roth solo show, I had forgotten about these stupid fucking nicknames you give all the people involved. Sped, Cheese and Spam and Ched and fuck knows what else.

It's like having to listen to some dumb 12 year old kids arguing about Pokemon and very quickly I'm sure I'm not alone in just switching off the noise and skipping over your posts.

Sesh I didn't come up with Sped, Chees and Spam or Ched. Those are all ddlr.com and army sayings. Same with Hagarita and Hot Sauce. I did come up with wolf and cheese or wolfincheeseburgers.

For the record....no I never got the chance to see CVH live as I was only 12 when they broke up. I have seen Dave several times however. I wish I could have caught the EEAS and Skycrapper tours at the time but a couple of things prevented me from doing so. One major thing was a driver's license.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panamark View Post
    Dave solo sold out the same arena in Melbourne Australia twice over,
    within months of a touring Van Hagar who couldnt fill it once...

At that time, Dave (At least in Australia) was a way more popular
    live draw than Van Hagar...

If you want more specifics I shall get them for you.

Yeah but who gives a shit about Australia.....you guys went batty for Unmasked era KISS and Gary Cherbone era VH.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hype? Sorry, I totally missed any "hype".

But then again, you listen to Bon Jovi.

And you like it.

I think we're done for today.

In rock and guitar mags at the time ALAE got alot of hype because of Jason Becker. Pete Angelus must have been shitting bricks, sweating bullets and working over time since Vai was now gone. The rock rags were calling it "sleazy" and a "return to form" I remember some even cuntparing it to Van Halen I......none of which was true of course.

Only on a David Lee Roth message board could a guy get shit for liking Bon Jovi's music while another guy who openly admitted to liking and owning Kelly Clarkson's music and went around calling Dave "sexy" all the time doesn't get shit at all.

Thread Information