DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    What year you talking about ??
    1988, and a few months later in 1998, Van Hagar failed
    to sellout the "Rod Laver Arena" where Dave had packed
    em in, twice !!

DAVID LEE ROTH Concert Photos Melbourne Australia 24 October 1988
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Damn... Thats only ten years ago that Van Hagar was in Oz....
      We need the current deal quickly !!!
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by davehagarfan
        Go for it...what am I delusional on when it comes to CVH?

That I think if any member of CVH that shouldn't be there it's Sped.....I think he's the "weak link" and a prick for all of the bullshit he's spewed out the last 30 years? You saw both the 2004 and 2007 tours, correct? Taking those two events into cuntsideration am I really all that delusional on the subject? The only thing Sped is good for these days is his marquee name and the fumes he's been coasting on of his past, faded glories....am I wrong?
        Thanks... you proved my point about being delusional right out of the chute!!

All the CVH members are somewhat of a "weaker link" than in their prime. Clearly Ed has lost the most edge of them all...

But it is 120% delusional to think you could remove any of the original 4 and still call it Van Halen. To think dropping Ed is a viable option is total dumbass thinking.

Yeah there's kids that can play the notes faster, more clearly, etc. Even Brian Young is an excellent guitar player and can play most VH material more proficiently than most... but he's still an impersonator and he will even admit... he ain't no Eddie nor will ever be.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
          I saw Dave play at a club in New Orleans supporting ALAE and I was standing on the same floor he was. MAYBE there were 100 people there. I met him and shook his hand...
          Same tour he was playing to 3000 over here.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Same tour he was playing to 3000 over here.
            Dave didn't start doing clubs until the 'Your Filthy Little Mouth' tour... he was still doing amphitheaters in the US when he was touring in support of 'ALAE' with his 'pissing demons'. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that maybe Elvis saw him in a club in 1994, not 1991.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Dave has a solo career? Dave HAD a solo career in the 80s it got shot to shit in 1991 with the departure of Vai

You like Dave's solo career better than CVH? And people say I'm a complete jackass, idiot

If not for Dave and VH? It was little old Sped that came a knockin' on Spam's door in 1985 not the other way around. Spam may not have been outselling Paul McCartney but he released some solid material for Geffen and was doing good business.....certainly better than Ted Nugent's numbers at the time.

Eric Clapton certainly had nothing to worry about when it came to Spam's solo career but then again, Clapton had nothing to worry about when it came to Roth's solo career either.

Dave put together atleast two great bands? EEAS was a great band though Greg Bissonette made Mike Anthony look like Jack Bruce......but that band got diluted with each passing album and tour until it was a complete parody of itself by 1991

I won't be a complete dick and discuss in depth 1994, The Mambo Slammers and Dave's brief Vegas stint

1999 brought a nice return to form for Dave......but after his Vegas stint 1991 would have seemed like a nice return...... however I tend to prefer Ray, James and Brian. Bert Walsh and that bass player from that gay ass band Hardline just didn't do it for me. They were "good" but they weren't "great"

Brian, James and Ray....now they were "great!"

EEAS....correction...Vai and Billy were GREAT....Bissonette and Tuggle....not so much.
              If you had some valid points in this post, you lose them all by calling me an idiot just because I prefer Dave's solo carrer over Van Halen.

Ever heard of personal taste? Maybe Freedom of Choice?

Why am I an idiot if Dave's songs, especially ALAE and YFLM sound better to me than Van Halen's?

Maybe I use my ears, and they tell me what I like. Some people use their ears for OTHERS to tell them what they like. Which category do you fit in, Hagar Fan?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• davehagarfan
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                What the fuck bro?
                Where's the love for Rocket Ritchotte?

Dave would have been better off getting Rikki Rockett to play guitar for him than that guy......I almost stopped being a Satriani fan cause the guy hired the Bissonette sisters way back when

Comment

• davehagarfan
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Apart from the tediousness of being lectured in depth to by someone that has never even seen Van Halen in concert or as I remember even a Roth solo show, I had forgotten about these stupid fucking nicknames you give all the people involved. Sped, Cheese and Spam and Ched and fuck knows what else.

It's like having to listen to some dumb 12 year old kids arguing about Pokemon and very quickly I'm sure I'm not alone in just switching off the noise and skipping over your posts.

Sesh I didn't come up with Sped, Chees and Spam or Ched. Those are all ddlr.com and army sayings. Same with Hagarita and Hot Sauce. I did come up with wolf and cheese or wolfincheeseburgers.

For the record....no I never got the chance to see CVH live as I was only 12 when they broke up. I have seen Dave several times however. I wish I could have caught the EEAS and Skycrapper tours at the time but a couple of things prevented me from doing so. One major thing was a driver's license.

Comment

• davehagarfan
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Panamark
                    Dave solo sold out the same arena in Melbourne Australia twice over,
                    within months of a touring Van Hagar who couldnt fill it once...

At that time, Dave (At least in Australia) was a way more popular
                    live draw than Van Hagar...

If you want more specifics I shall get them for you.

Yeah but who gives a shit about Australia.....you guys went batty for Unmasked era KISS and Gary Cherbone era VH.

Comment

• davehagarfan
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      Hype? Sorry, I totally missed any "hype".

But then again, you listen to Bon Jovi.

And you like it.

I think we're done for today.

In rock and guitar mags at the time ALAE got alot of hype because of Jason Becker. Pete Angelus must have been shitting bricks, sweating bullets and working over time since Vai was now gone. The rock rags were calling it "sleazy" and a "return to form" I remember some even cuntparing it to Van Halen I......none of which was true of course.

Only on a David Lee Roth message board could a guy get shit for liking Bon Jovi's music while another guy who openly admitted to liking and owning Kelly Clarkson's music and went around calling Dave "sexy" all the time doesn't get shit at all.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Only on a David Lee Roth message board could a guy get shit for liking Bon Jovi's music while another guy who openly admitted to liking and owning Kelly Clarkson's music and went around calling Dave "sexy" all the time doesn't get shit at all.
                        What!?

Who's that guy?

Comment

• davehagarfan
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          What!?

Who's that guy?

Manboobs4life....that guy was Kelly Clarkson's biggest fan

Comment

• davehagarfan
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
                            If you had some valid points in this post, you lose them all by calling me an idiot just because I prefer Dave's solo carrer over Van Halen.

Ever heard of personal taste? Maybe Freedom of Choice?

Why am I an idiot if Dave's songs, especially ALAE and YFLM sound better to me than Van Halen's?

Maybe I use my ears, and they tell me what I like. Some people use their ears for OTHERS to tell them what they like. Which category do you fit in, Hagar Fan?

I fit into the category that this......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcp5TdHyPuk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcp5TdHyPuk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

blows away and owns anything Dave or the remaining members of Van Halen have tried between the years 1985-2008, separately or together in one formation of the band or another.

You're really going to try and tell me that A Little Ain't Enough and She's My Machine blow that song, performance and band away......if you do then you really are an idiot......nothing is better than original, classic Van Halen.....nothing

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

You still don't get it, do you? hagaritas never do.

I NEVER said it was better, just that it sounds better to me.

And that while I am in a minority, nevertheless Dave still has fans that actually like some, if not all, of his solo career. Hagar don't. Doesn't. Whatever.

Anyway, can you tell me that Van Hagar blew away everything Dave did as a solo artist?

It's quite obvious for anyoned with a couple of ears, even just one, that it didn't.

Damn Hagaritas.

Comment

• Igosplut
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I see DHF is ramping up nicely.....
                                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Working...