Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Ozzy should concentrate on building coyote fences !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Ozzy should just fade away...

I'd love for him to sign off with a good album, but that's not possible...

For him to consider changing his guitar player at this point would be career suicide...

Zakk has stood by Ozzy for YEARS! He's a fine player and a big part of Ozzy Osbourne!

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I reckon he should get orianthi or Jake......
        True Zakk has been around forever, but thats
        the problem ! No more tears was a long time
        ago now....
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Oz should have made an album with Sabbath around 2000...

He could sing at that time and Tony wanted to do it. Ozzy said no...or Sharon...
          They did. Well, half of one anyway. They couldn't finish it. Tony said Ozzy just let it peter out.
          Since Sharon doesn't own Sabbath, it wasn't in her interest to help Iommi by letting Ozzy do a Sabbath record. (It was OK for Iommi to help HER make a buck by Having Sabbath do Ozzfest half a dozen times though)

If she successfully sues Iommi for half of the rights to the Black Sabbath Brand I'll bet Ozzy will suddenly be gung ho for another reunion and Album.
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• letsrock
            Veteran
            • Mar 2007

For him to consider changing his guitar player at this point would be career suicide...

Zakk has stood by Ozzy for YEARS! He's a fine player and a big part of Ozzy Osbourne!

Just like an athlete that stays in the game to long.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Yeah but Zakk is part of why some people still pay to see Ozzy...

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Yeah but Zakk is part of why some people still pay to see Ozzy...
                Yes. But Zakk is also a big reason I will no longer pay to hear or see him. I know there are others on my side too. Which side is the larger? Therein lies the gamble.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

That is pretty shitty to find out in the press after all these years. Nothing is official yet according to the Zakk camp(official website), but we'll see shortly. Most think it was just a Sharon press release with made up Ozzy quotes.

Also don't forget, Sharon did this a few years ago, but they couldn't find anyone. Zakk was back in the fold.

Some also say that Zakk may need some rehab and a break might do him good.

But, BLS is doing a 2nd tour this year so Zakk has plenty to do this summer.

++++

Ozzy should just retire IMO.

Comment

• standin
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2009

What is this some sort of cry for bucket to suck-it? Why would OZ need to TMZ his needs?
                    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Ozzy can't write anything,

Zakk is a spent force, stayed in the game too long and is no longer creative or inspiring.

Ozzy fucked up his best chance of retiring as a rock god years ago when he fucked the Sabbath album over for that stupid MTV show.

He went from icon to idiot in a heartbeat.

Shame.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Zakk did well by Osbourne, agreed. Frankly, I enjoyed No Rest For The Wicked much more than the Ultimate Sin album...probably more than a lot of what was on Bark At The Moon, if I think about it.

The whole Osbourne tv show and turning Osbournes image into that of a comically befuddled old geezer, an image that everyone could embrace...THAT was what killed off my lingering interest in Ozzy and his career.

Ozzy used to have the reputation of a crazed madman. After RR died, that image began a slow transformation into something less threatening. I suppose if the music were still stellar that could be overlooked to a degree, but his last effort with Zakk wasn't anything all that great. Not horrible. Just average.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Yeah...

Ozzy had a certain mystique that enchanted all of us back in the day...

The TV shows combined with the internet killed all of that...

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah...

Ozzy had a certain mystique that enchanted all of us back in the day...

The TV shows combined with the internet killed all of that...
                            I reckon that mystique was the crazy look he would get in his eyes.
                            He still gets that every now and then. As much of a dick his wife
                            has made him become, The Randy and Jake Stuff (and even Zakk's first 2
                            albums) are legendary, worthy extensions of his time with Sabbath....
                            Especially the Randy Stuff. Unlike Led Zep 4, I never tire of listening
                            to Diary and Blizzard... I STILL GET DA CHILLS !!

I try and remember him like that.
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Me too, and thankfully, I still do...

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

What would an advert for this job look like?

Wanted, one guitar player. Must be comfortable with writing songs and receiving little credit for doing so, being covered in water every night for twenty years and smile about it, and working for a manageress who makes Attila the Hun look cuddly. Ability to over-use pinch-harmonics and the word 'fuck' an advantage but not required. Beard optional.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...