Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albums you wished you had never bought

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Albums you wished you had never bought

Sometimes i look at my old cd collection and see stuff that just screams at me " What was i thinking".

I have wasted money on some pretty crappy albums.

Here are a few that spring to mind.

Slaughter - Stick It to Ya

Why did i even bother with this one? It just sucks ass. Some really good thrash band could have used that name. Is Mark Slaughter even his real name? Fucking cocksucker! I want my money back. Stick this album in your ass! Then stick it in Gene Simmons ass.

Warrant - Dirty Rotten Stinking Rich

I cant believe i bought this shit. Jani Lane is such a douche bag. Heaven isnt too far away huh? Screw you. Sometimes Shit Flies. This certainly didnt.

Zakk Wylde- Pride and Glory

I used to be a real Zakk geek. The guy wrote one of the coolest riffs ever in Miracle Man. Bad ass player. Then he does this solo country shit. Come on Zakk you cant fucking sing. Shut the fuck up already.

Guns N Roses- The Spaghetti Incident

What the fuck? You guys were so cool. So yo decide that a spilled can of Chef Boyardee would make a great album cover? Were you guys that fucking stoned at this point? A bunch of shitty punk rock covers is what i got stuck with. The only cool thing was Hair of the Dog. Why didnt ya do some more shit like that? You think you're so cool...why dont you FUCK OFF!

Roger Waters- The Wall Live in Berlin

I should have known better. But no i bought it anyways. Sinead OH FUCKING Connor ROGER? What were you thinking? Not one of your special guests did justice to any of the vocals. Maybe you should have begged Gilmour and the boys a little harder back then when you wanted to do this.

Judas Priest- Ram It Down

Total waste of money. Really stupid song titles. Hey Rob maybe after you Ram It Down, Mark Slaughter will Stick It To Ya.

Def Leppard - Adrenalize

So i thought that this would be like Pyromania meets Hysteria. No this is what Pyromania and Hysteria would sound like without the genius of Steve Clark. Lets get lets get lets get fucked! Fucked out of my hard earned cash.

Motley Crue- Dr Feelgood

So they play this really cool song on the radio called Dr Feelgood. I say this rocks! I buy the album. This is a totally different crue album than Girls Girls Girls. WTF? The rest of the songs are lame. Then you guys have the balls to put out a Greatest Hits Album with some new songs. Those new songs were better than what was on Dr Feelgood!

Thats all for now. I wanna read some of your opinions.

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Springsteen - Devils and Dust. Sometimes I'm a fucking moron.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most regrets along these lines were back in the early-to-mid 1980s, before CDs were widespread and home taping/copying wasn't quite as easy as it is today...plus, back then I was more likely to just go out and buy a new release by a band I liked without having heard much or any of it beforehand:

Motley Crue - Theater of Pain
    Dug the first two Crue albums. This follow-up to Shout At The Devil was just weak.

Van Halen - 5150
    Despite not being overwhelmed with the first single put out in advance of the album, hey, what can I say? I was an Eddiemaniac back then, and figured even though I never had any real use for Hagar up until that point the band would still have some good instrumental shit on there. Not so much. Outside of the guitar work on the title track, this stuff was lame.

KISS - The Elder
    All the press buzz was that this album was way different from anything KISS had done before. I figured that meant it was gonna be harder-edged than Dynasty and Unmasked were overall. Well, this album sure WAS different...

Rainbow - Bent Out Of Shape
    Just as well DP MARK II reformed when they did. Not a terrible album, but very average.

Dio - Sacred Heart
    About the only couple of songs I ended up halfway liking were Another Lie and Just Another Day. The rest was kind of pale imitations of the first two Dio solo albums.

Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue

Scorpions - Animal Magnetism

One album I think I may end up being glad I never bought was Chinese Democracy. Told someone at work I was going to get it. Person said don't bother, that they'd burn me a copy and I'd thank them later. I did.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There are many. But one sticks out above them all: Iron Maiden - Dance of Death. They mastered the process of producing shit in cd format there.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Andrew W.K. - The Wolf, It was the complete opposite of "I get wet," too fucking slow, sappy and not enough partying!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Albums that REALLY let me down:

Scorpions- Savage Amusement. PURE SHIT.

Krokus- Change of Address. I am a huge Krokus fan but this hunk of crap nearly drove me from being a fan. Awful awful awful.

Quiet Riot III. What were they thinking?

Judas Priest- Nostradamus. Holy shit it is bad.

WASP- Inside the Electric Circus. Why does every song have to be sustained chord with Blackie singing a line, sustained chord with Blackie singing a line, etc???

Iron Maiden- X factor. I know there's no Bruce, but can't the band play their instruments????
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anything by STEVE VAI....P-U!!!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post

Iron Maiden- X factor. I know there's no Bruce, but can't the band play their instruments????

It's better than ALL of Bruce's albums.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4RnZoMB8Eo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4RnZoMB8Eo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blood on the World's Hands

[Harris]

Sometimes it makes me wonder
    Sometimes it makes me question
    Sometimes it makes me saddened
    Always it makes me angry but...

When you can see it happening
    The madness that's all around you
    Nobody seems to worry
    The world seems so powerless to act...

It's out of control
    Blood on the world's hands
    Each day a new toll

Another assassination
    The same day a new creation
    But what are they coming into
    Security of a world that brings...

One day another killing
    Somewhere there's someone starving
    Another a savage raping
    Meanwhile there's someone laughing at us

It's out of control
    Each day it goes on

Blood on the world's hands...

Brutality and aggression
    Tomorrow another lesson
    Expecting another air raid
    Praying for a ceasefire

They say things are getting better
    No need to be complacent
    There's chaos across the border
    And one day it could be happening to us

It's out of control
    It's our epitaph
    It's out of control
    Someone should know

Someone should

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o14qrfnbqPw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o14qrfnbqPw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Andy Taylor; 01-11-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Megadeth - Risk.

It's not that it's bad (in fact, there's some interesting experimentation) it's just that it's not Megadeth - why Dave, why?

Chris Cornel - whateverthefuckhislastalbumwascalled

'Hi, my name is Chris Cornell and during the late 80s and 90s I made some of the best music that has ever been recorded. On this record, I decided to become a pussy, and wrote most of the songs on a cereal box.'

Extreme - Three Sides to Every Story.

Wank
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Albums that REALLY let me down:

Scorpions- Savage Amusement. PURE SHIT.

You know what. I have that album. It's not great. But for some reason i like that song Media Overkill.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok Here's some more shit i found that's just taking up space in my garage.

Heart - Brigade

It had this song called ALL I WANNA DO IS MAKE LOVE TO YOU. So what?? I dont even know why i bought this piece of shit. Maybe i was hoping there was some Barracuda style shit on it.

Bad English

So Neil Schon made a super group hoping it was the next best thing since Journey. He gets some poseur called John Waite to come front the band. But must have told him "you gotta grow your hair dude". I dont want you looking like Rick Astley. They also had the balls to do some photo shoots all dressed in leather like they were Motley Crue or something. But guess what? This album has no balls. It doesnt rock at all. It's for chicks who wanna cry themselves to sleep. And some dumb ass like me bought this shit cause he heard all these great things about Neal Schon.

Dokken- Back For the Attack

So i watched NIghtmare on Elm Street Part Whatever. And i liked this song Dream Warriors. So i run out and pick up a Dokken Album to give em a try. Well i know that there are a lot of Dokken fans out there. So i just wanna say that it's not for me. I'm sorry but Don Dokken has no balls in his voice.

Mr Big

Billy Sheenan was the shit back then. I bought this album cause hey the album cover was pretty cool and i thought this would sound like the Eat Em and Smile band. Mr Sheenan, you played onstage with Mr Diamond Dave. You make your own group and get some dude to front the band that looks like my friends sister. Paul Gilbert, Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert, blah blah blah blah blah. Dude your guitar playing was really fucking boring. I feel asleep after side 2 of my cassette started playing. Your fucking Ibanez's were really ugly and why the fuck were you featured in every guitar mag back then?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    It's better than ALL of Bruce's albums.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4RnZoMB8Eo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4RnZoMB8Eo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blood on the World's Hands

[Harris]

Sometimes it makes me wonder
    Sometimes it makes me question
    Sometimes it makes me saddened
    Always it makes me angry but...

When you can see it happening
    The madness that's all around you
    Nobody seems to worry
    The world seems so powerless to act...

It's out of control
    Each day a new toll

Another assassination
    The same day a new creation
    But what are they coming into
    Security of a world that brings...

One day another killing
    Somewhere there's someone starving
    Another a savage raping
    Meanwhile there's someone laughing at us

It's out of control
    Each day it goes on

Blood on the world's hands...

Brutality and aggression
    Tomorrow another lesson
    Expecting another air raid
    Praying for a ceasefire

They say things are getting better
    No need to be complacent
    There's chaos across the border
    And one day it could be happening to us

It's out of control
    It's our epitaph
    It's out of control
    Someone should know

Someone should

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o14qrfnbqPw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o14qrfnbqPw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Oh please shut up...it's horrid. How about we post the amazing lyrics to 2am???? pure genius.....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
    O

So i watched NIghtmare on Elm Street Part Whatever. And i liked this song Dream Warriors. So i run out and pick up a Dokken Album to give em a try. Well i know that there are a lot of Dokken fans out there. So i just wanna say that it's not for me. I'm sorry but Don Dokken has no balls in his voice.
    That album's not their best. Listen to Under Lock and Key

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok Here's some more shit i found that's just taking up space in my garage.

Heart - Brigade

It had this song called ALL I WANNA DO IS MAKE LOVE TO YOU. So what?? I dont even know why i bought this piece of shit. Maybe i was hoping there was some Barracuda style shit on it.

Bad English

So Neil Schon made a super group hoping it was the next best thing since Journey. He gets some poseur called John Waite to come front the band. But must have told him "you gotta grow your hair dude". I dont want you looking like Rick Astley. They also had the balls to do some photo shoots all dressed in leather like they were Motley Crue or something. But guess what? This album has no balls. It doesnt rock at all. It's for chicks who wanna cry themselves to sleep. And some dumb ass like me bought this shit cause he heard all these great things about Neal Schon.

Mr Big

Billy Sheenan was the shit back then. I bought this album cause hey the album cover was pretty cool and i thought this would sound like the Eat Em and Smile band. Mr Sheenan, you played onstage with Mr Diamond Dave. You make your own group and get some dude to front the band that looks like my friends sister. Paul Gilbert, Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert,Paul Gilbert, blah blah blah blah blah. Dude your guitar playing was really fucking boring. I feel asleep after side 2 of my cassette started playing. Your fucking Ibanez's were really ugly and why the fuck were you featured in every guitar mag back then?

With you on that bad english. I went into the CD store to buy a bad religion album and was in the section. Saw a used bad religion cd on the rack with out art or anything for 5 bucks so I bought it, only to find out it was bad english an hour later. pure shit.

and dokken may not have balls in his voice, but I bet at one point he has had balls in his throat.
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
    Anything by STEVE VAI....P-U!!!
    I'll agree, but not totally, Flex-able is pretty fuckin sweet. Nothing like any other guitarist album.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh please shut up...it's horrid. How about we post the amazing lyrics to 2am???? pure genius.....

You're just a noob. Most people still prefer the happy more positive sound of Bruce era rather than Di'anno or Blaze. But that's their best stuff.

It's not really about the lyrics. Maiden has never had genius lyrics.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Redballjets88 View Post
    With you on that bad english. I went into the CD store to buy a bad religion album and was in the section. Saw a used bad religion cd on the rack with out art or anything for 5 bucks so I bought it, only to find out it was bad english an hour later. pure shit.

Now that's Fucking funny shit man!

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Mr. Scary's the only reason why even think about Dokken.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Ballbreaker" by AC/DC

How could Rick Rubin make The Cult`s "Electric" and even AC/DC`s "Big Gun" sound so amazing then make a full AC/DC album where the guitars have no balls?

Kiss "Psycho Circus"

As a long time fan of Kiss I really didn`t want a reunion album. Tour, yes. Album, no. Especially when only Paul and Gene play on all of it with miniscule contributions from Ace and Peter. Throw in cheesey song titles like "I pledge allegiance to the state of Rock N Roll" and you have an album that pales in comparison to the 1970`s vintage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sitting on a park bench!

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I don`t agree with that one.

I always enjoyed "Back for the attack" for what it was.

"Burning like a flame", "Night by night", "Sleepless night"...

...Fuck Yeah! Dumbass Heaven!
    Last edited by Mr Badguy; 01-12-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Badguy View Post

Kiss "Psycho Circus"

As a long time fan of Kiss I really didn`t want a reunion album. Tour, yes. Album, no. Especially when only Paul and Gene play on all of it with miniscule contributions from Ace and Peter. Throw in cheesey song titles like "I pledge allegiance to the state of Rock N Roll" and you have an album that pales in comparison to the 1970`s vintage.

Dude i have that piece of shit too!

That has gotta be the worst collection of songs ever assembled. It's like Gene and Paul waxed their ass hairs and spent a couple of days down in Cabo Wabo with that Kaki pants poodle head.

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're just a noob. Most people still prefer the happy more positive sound of Bruce era rather than Di'anno or Blaze. But that's their best stuff.

Don't feed the Blaze hater.
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Hagar - 5150

Actually, I had all their shitty albums, but that's the only one I actually paid for.

Any Danzig album after 4p. He just ain't all that good without John Christ, Eerie Von, and Chuck Biscuits.

Journey - Escape. I bought the record before I realized how badly Jonathan Cain had pussified the band. Still like the late 70's shit though.

Boston - Walk On. Brad Delp WAS Boston. They shouldn't be trying to go on without him NOW, let alone when he was still alive.

This song is 100&#37; more "Boston" than anything on that shitty record, despite Tom Scholz' absence...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pWpZjMrJaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1pWpZjMrJaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by FORD; 01-14-2009 at 12:17 AM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My top 10 in no order...

01. Deep Purple - Slaves & Masters...with Blackmore, Glover and Joe Lynn Turner together again, it's just another Rainbow album and hardly worth the price of admission; don't think I ever listened to it more than twice all the way through, although I've still got it somewhere...

02. Dokken - Long Way Home...first album post Jeff Pilson & Reb Beach. Replaced by Jon Norum & Barry Sparks, it's a total shitfest from start to finish - only thing even remotely listenable on it are two songs, There Was a Time and Under the Gun. Rest of the album's a complete toss. Which isn't a horrible loss, considering it clocks it at BARELY 35 minutes or so...

03. Two - Voyeurs...I was a Rob Halford fan up to that point. Emphasis on WAS. Half rate Ministry/NiN ripoffs and a total waste of money and time. That album has forced me to take everything he's done in the time since with a wait & see attitude - only time he has effectively impressed me since, 100&#37; of the way, was with his solo Resurrection album.

04. Sleep - Jerusalem...a 60 minute, 1 song album full of heavy riffing beginning to end. Sound like a pot smokers dream come true? You'd think. And you'd be wrong. After having experienced Holy Mountain, this was as much of a letdown as I'd ever heard and quite possibly the most boring stoner metal album ever recorded.

05. Iommi & Glenn Hughes - Fused...never let it EVER be said that I don't worship the fucking dirt that Tony Iommi walks on (I do); but Glenn Hughes and his whiny, pouty, 13 year old bitchy girl voice fucking ruins this thing start to finish. I regret buying it because I can't stand his drippy, drainy, wheezing Elmah Fuddisms and because there's some serious kick ass Tony Iommi riffage I've missed out on because of it. Bottom line? FUCK YOU GLENN HUGHES. "The voice of rock" my ass...the voice of COCK is more like it...

06. Judas Priest - Nostradamus...Rob Halford makes the list TWICE! Quite an accomplishment. Underproduced, self indulgant, shitty, B grade Spinal Tap "We are a European Symphonic Prog Power Metal Band!(c)" unoriginal copycat horseshit. Complete fucking waste of money. Same fucking album could have been written by Kamelot or Epica or any thousands of other bands. The difference? They're not stupid enough to take on such a dipshitted topic like Nostradamus.

07. Kreator - Outcast...normally, I'm a BIG fan of Kreator (and let me tell ya, the new album Hordes of Chaos is balls out WONDERFUL), but Outcast saw them firing on almost nothing. Tommy V. from Coroner was new to the band during the recording and Jurgen Reil had just sat back down behind the kit, so some problems were sure to be apparent, but if Kreator ever recorded a completely generic sounding album, this one was it.

08. Kiss - Psycho Circus...surprise! Ace & Peter aren't here after all! But what do you think of the new songwriting team Gene & Paul hired to write the album? FUCK YOU KISS.

09. The Misfits - Famous Monsters...now, I have to admit, American Psycho showed SOME initial promise for a Misfits 2.0, and I had a great time seeing them live in Portland in '97...and I was initially kinda interested to see how they'd capitalize on it. While it essentially follows the American Psycho formula, what was essentially necessary for it to even remotely work was heart, and there's absolutely NO HEART to be found anywhere on this album. Funny thing is, in retrospect, Famous Monsters, AKA The Misfits 1999, is infinitely better than the fucking dreck that Jerry Only's relegated that once proud legacy to since then.

10. David Lee Roth - Diamond Dave...I was initially happy to have a good copy of Bad Habits on CD. And I still am. But that's really about where the happiness ends. Sorry, Dave.

Twistin' by the pool.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    My top 10 in no order...

03. Two - Voyeurs...I was a Rob Halford fan up to that point. Emphasis on WAS. Half rate Ministry/NiN ripoffs and a total waste of money and time. That album has forced me to take everything he's done in the time since with a wait & see attitude - only time he has effectively impressed me since, 100% of the way, was with his solo Resurrection album.

06. Judas Priest - Nostradamus...Rob Halford makes the list TWICE! Quite an accomplishment. Underproduced, self indulgant, shitty, B grade Spinal Tap "We are a European Symphonic Prog Power Metal Band!(c)" unoriginal copycat horseshit. Complete fucking waste of money. Same fucking album could have been written by Kamelot or Epica or any thousands of other bands. The difference? They're not stupid enough to take on such a dipshitted topic like Nostradamus.

I would agree with both of those. I had actually forgotten that I owned 'Two' until I read this - thanks Bob.....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wasn't "Two" Halford's collaboration with John Lowery after he quit Dave's band but before he became Brian Warner's bitch?

I've never actually heard the record, guess maybe I shouldn't bother?

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Wasn't "Two" Halford's collaboration with John Lowery after he quit Dave's band but before he became Brian Warner's bitch?

I've never actually heard the record, guess maybe I shouldn't bother?
    No, don't.

It should be filed under 'when experimentation goes horribly wrong.'

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    I would agree with both of those. I had actually forgotten that I owned 'Two' until I read this - thanks Bob.....
    Yeah, TWO was bad....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I was a Maiden fan before Bruce ever came along. I'm no noob.

When you make shitty music with shitty lyrics, it doesn't matter what the singer sounds like. That era of Maiden was brutal.

It's not about hating Blaze or a replacement singer. It's about hating shitty music.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Motley Crue's slef titled album was letdown, but not bad enough that I wish I hadn't bought it.

John Lydon (Rotten) Psycho's Path was pretty freaking brutal....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    shitty music.
    It's a completely different style to Bruce, that's all. A lot of people, myself included took a long time to change their minds about it. Bruce era was a lot more uplifting than X Factor.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boston, Walk On, No Brad Delp, Tom Scholz' ruined this band.
    DLR, Diamond Dave, Come on Dave give me a break !! Very shitty after the good DLR Band cd.
    Motorhead, live at Brixton 87, the guitars sound like shit !! No sleep til' Hammersmith is great stuff.
    Ted Nugent, Little miss dangerous, Ted trying to sound like all the new 80's band's instead of his older shit.
    Aerosmith Get a Grip, Pump was the end of studio albums for them !! Still great live.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, regarding Maiden, I came onboard the Iron Maiden train in 1988 and have remained loyal ever since. I was initially disappointed with X Factor and Virtual XI due to the fact that I was honestly expecting more of a mesh between Maiden and Wolfsbane, and was disappointed that both albums didn't really sound like either, honestly.

I don't think Steve was writing as well as he could, honestly; between divorce and his Dad's death (I think it was his dad, anyway), X Factor and Virtual XI were pretty bleak affairs as far as the music itself was concerned, and I do firmly believe that he really reeled in Blaze's range and vocal approach to make his new vision of Maiden darker.

None of it was Blaze's fault, and in the time since both albums have grown on me considerably. I look at them as their own distinct era and a new vision.

And I will absolutely say that Blaze's solo material since Bruce returned has easily trumped anything Maiden's done. Just the new album alone (The Man Who Would Not Die) is far better than anything Maiden's done in years and years...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seshmeister View Post
    hahahaha~!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

John Lydon (Rotten) Psycho's Path was pretty freaking brutal....
    Yeah..... that was certainly not one I was expecting from Johnny. I can listen to it when I'm in the right mood, because it is Lydon, after all. But I'm not a big fan of techno-house-dance-whatever it is, so I'll usually go with PiL or the Pistols over that album.

What sucks though is that he hasn't made an album since then, apart from the live Pistols album in 1996 that was all old stuff. Johnny's as lazy as Van Halen these days.

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    doesn't matter what the singer sounds like. That era of Maiden was brutal.

It's not about hating Blaze or a replacement singer. It's about hating shitty music.
    Have you softened up or something?

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    Well, regarding Maiden, I came onboard the Iron Maiden train in 1988 and have remained loyal ever since. I was initially disappointed with X Factor and Virtual XI due to the fact that I was honestly expecting more of a mesh between Maiden and Wolfsbane, and was disappointed that both albums didn't really sound like either, honestly.

I don't think Steve was writing as well as he could, honestly; between divorce and his Dad's death (I think it was his dad, anyway), X Factor and Virtual XI were pretty bleak affairs as far as the music itself was concerned, and I do firmly believe that he really reeled in Blaze's range and vocal approach to make his new vision of Maiden darker.

None of it was Blaze's fault, and in the time since both albums have grown on me considerably. I look at them as their own distinct era and a new vision.

And I will absolutely say that Blaze's solo material since Bruce returned has easily trumped anything Maiden's done. Just the new album alone (The Man Who Would Not Die) is far better than anything Maiden's done in years and years...

I am a Blaze fan too. Yet to hear the 'newest.' Tragic about his wife...

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am a Blaze fan too. Yet to hear the 'newest.' Tragic about his wife...
    Blaze's biggest fan right here. The newest is amazing!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice to meet you Sparkie. I will be checking it out soon, I keep hearing it's good.

Thread Information