• Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    I gotta admit when this place has gone off the air I never really
    pursued the other options, but I have seen all the sites and
    Rothfans and DDLR both looked really cool.
    If this place ever went the way of the Dodo, I would probably
    end up crashing over there... But I strongly believe in this
    site and doing anything I can to help keep it going, as really
    this place is the reason all these others came to be, and this
    big gang of "friends" got connected...

I did try and post at DDLR early on, but my password always
    had issues, I ended up too embarrassed to ask for help..
    (Also wasnt sure if I was inadvertently being kept out )
    The poster of reason.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      That would explain his (?) obsession with SparkieD.

Or he's really Ga y Cherone...

Gary is a bit straightophobic on that one.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Great to see ya here again War !!
        Keep on Rockin in the free world !!
        I cant understand anyone who gives you shit..
        You are genuinely a good bloke..
        Its that simple....
        One of the Roth Army elite and probably around for
        ten years before the shit slingers started slingin ???

As I say to all who may sail away for a while...
        Welcome Home !
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Jesus, has it been ten years?

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

*GULP* yes, or extremely close.......
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Warham
              Yeah, we had the fucking banners out welcoming him when he signed up.

To tell you the truth, he's a few notches above some of the element that's been welcomed here in the past, or any of the other sites for that matter. We've all had our good posters and our shitty posters.
              Hey, I'm not saying you were all at his feet when he arrived, or anything... but I remember his constant whineying & bitching about here, and can't really understand how he's a notch above anything, nevermind a few.

Anyways, that wasn't really the point. It's just how everyone gets along there... at first glance, it looks like a bunch of Army rejects who found a special place where they can be free...

But War... I'm not saying it's a shitty site, my friend. It was a GRATE site when the Army was down, and everybody was there. Just seems as when the Army came back up, some moved back here, some stayed there. It's still a very good site, better than any other out there. You should really keep it up.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
                Anyways, that wasn't really the point. It's just how everyone gets along there... at first glance, it looks like a bunch of Army rejects who found a special place where they can be free...
                You can't call most of the people there rejects because they are legends in the Roth community. They've been around longer than most of the people who say things like that out of hand.

When the Army was in its heyday in the 2004-2006, many people flamed DDLR. When the Army went down last year, where did these people flock to? The DDLR. Some also came over to RothFans. It's typical behavior to attack other sites, even ones that keep the same flame you do, for no other reason than boredom. I was even part of it at one point, but I outgrew it as the online community has withered over the years.

The internet needs more Dave sites, not less. It's a sad state of affairs that DDLR isn't around right now.

But War... I'm not saying it's a shitty site, my friend. It was a GRATE site when the Army was down, and everybody was there. Just seems as when the Army came back up, some moved back here, some stayed there. It's still a very good site, better than any other out there. You should really keep it up.

Thank you for the support.
                Last edited by Warham; 08-19-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

You can't call most of the people there rejects because they are legends in the Roth community. They've been around longer than most of the people who say things like that out of hand.
                  My bad, I should've said that some of them appear to be Army rejects, of course not all, Gawd-dammit, I have said in previous posts in this thread I like & respect many of the people there.

The thing about writing is that if sometimes one forgets one simple word, the post comes out wrong.

As for the rest, it's true. That's why I'm asking you to keep that site up. We never know when we might need it. It was most certainly welcome when this shit crashed. And it deserves to be known as the second best website in the internet, ever.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

The internet needs more Dave sites, not less. It's a sad state of affairs that DDLR isn't around right now.
                    War, you truly may wish to qualify that statement. For instance, wouldn't it be far better to state that "The internet needs more quality-minded, professionally run Dave sites, not less."?

Case in point...The here today/gone later today DavidLeeRothNewsDesk

(Further evidence.)

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      War, you truly may wish to qualify that statement. For instance, wouldn't it be far better to state that "The internet needs more quality-minded, professionally run Dave sites, not less."?

Case in point...The here today/gone later today DavidLeeRothNewsDesk

(Further evidence.)
                      Yes, I should have qualified that statement.

LMAO. I forgot all about the News Desk. I remember the DLRND though, not that version.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
                        My bad, I should've said that some of them appear to be Army rejects, of course not all, Gawd-dammit, I have said in previous posts in this thread I like & respect many of the people there.

The thing about writing is that if sometimes one forgets one simple word, the post comes out wrong.

As for the rest, it's true. That's why I'm asking you to keep that site up. We never know when we might need it. It was most certainly welcome when this shit crashed. And it deserves to be known as the second best website in the internet, ever.

Actually, I wasn't really going at you, Ima. It was a general statement.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I love when the little RothChatters get bored, come over here and start trolling, get bitchsplapped, and then go running back over there whining about how mean we are.

For Every Terry and Sparkie over there, you also have a plethora of mouthbreathers like Juice and cadaverdog.

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            I love when the little RothChatters get bored, come over here and start trolling, get bitchsplapped, and then go running back over there whining about how mean we are.

For Every Terry and Sparkie over there, you also have a plethora of mouthbreathers like Juice and cadaverdog.

Trolling? Is that what you are calling it nowadays? Really, it's just me in here now with all of you.

Am I a troll, Lounge?

I don't really see anybody from my site over here causing trouble or even saying anything bad about the Army over there, but I do see people over here who just can't let it go for some reason.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Trolling? Is that what you are calling it nowadays. Really, it's just me in here now. Am I a troll, Lounge?

I don't really see anybody from my site over here causing trouble or even saying anything bad about the Army over there, but I do see people over here who just can't let it go for some reason.
                              LMAO

You just admitted you hadnt been online in months.

Dont act stupid. You know what trolling is.

Case in point, your boy Juice gets owned over there by Sparkie, starts a good bye thread, and then comes over here and starts a flame war on 3 fronts. Gets his ass handed to him, and leaves running.

It was fucking hilarious.

And if you honestly never read anything bad over there about this place, then it must mean even YOU find that place too boring to spend any time there. There's Army bashing all the time.

LMAO Wtf ever. It's the internet. who gives a shit?

But dont play naive/dumb. It's insulting.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                LMAO

You just admitted you hadnt been online in months.
                                So what. Every forum has a "search" function. That's the good thing, you can catch up if you've been gone a while.

Case in point, your boy Juice gets owned over there by Sparkie, starts a good bye thread, and then comes over here and starts a flame war on 3 fronts. Gets his ass handed to him, and leaves running.

It was fucking hilarious.
                                I'm sure it was, but he was a member here before he was a member over there. Therefore, by seniority, he's Army.

As far as I know, there are quite a few people who participate on both forums. People have had their asses handed to them here, the Links, DDLR, and now RothFans, and they went running back with their legs crossed.

And if you honestly never read anything bad over there about this place, then it must mean even YOU find that place too boring to spend any time there. There's Army bashing all the time.
                                I didn't say "never", I meant right now. Go over there and find somebody crapping on the Army today, yesterday, or the day before that. You won't find anything. But I can find you and a few others here who have given a mouthful the last few days.

LMAO Wtf ever. It's the internet. who gives a shit?

But dont play naive/dumb. It's insulting.

Yes, it is the internet, isn't it, and you like to play your games.

When the rubber hits the road, though, I know what you'll do.

Comment

Working...