Thread: DLR Rumor I picked up over @ the links

Perhaps You Know My Name.
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DLR Rumor I picked up over @ the links

A friend of mine who is Very close with Sammy's webmaster said that at Tahoe Wabo, one of Sam's 'employees' mentioned that the rumor circulating within the VH camp is that plans are to have Sam perform this tour, do one more 'reunion' tour with Dave, then return to hiding....for good.

My mind is blown. I wouldnt be suprised, however, that's a really shitty way of doing things. Again, a rumor.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can see Ed going back into hiding, but only because this sham is a failure. Roth would shape him up too much. He wouldn't like it.

Me Wise Magician
    Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That would be great!

I hope it's true.

PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Perhaps You Know My Name.
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Could this be what that arzcardinal [ or whatever] was talking about?

I hope so, other than the go back into hiding part. They should tour with Sam once [ no stopping that now I guess] then continue to make albums and tour with Dave till whenever
    Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If van-halen.com can officially confirm that they'll be releasing DLR's songs performed by Spammy from their 'Right Here, Right Now' CD on their upcoming so-called greatest hits, then I take back my previous words that Roth will reunite. As much as that would be the greatest show on earth ever, I clearly cannot see that happening after such a violent slap in the face to DLR and us Roth-era fans worldwide.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IMO Dave is never coming back..........and honestly, that's probably a good thing at this point. Ed and AL just don't have the energy to keep up with Dave, and would probably boot him when they realize they actually have to put some effort into the project.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    IMO Dave is never coming back..........and honestly, that's probably a good thing at this point. Ed and AL just don't have the energy to keep up with Dave, and would probably boot him when they realize they actually have to put some effort into the project.
    Not just your opinion, Bill. My sentiments exactly.

Eddie/Alex/Mike: "WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY....."

lms2
    IF (and I am finding it harder and harder to remain positive on this) they do a reunion tour with Dave either by Dave joining in on this tour, or a second reunion tour-Classic Van Halen would be better off not touring, and just producing. That way they are not confined to close quarters for extended periods...Dave can live his life, and the sisters and Mikey can do their thing, and they can still write music together and give the fans some kick ass rock while making some serious retirement/beer money. Then they could promote the new shit with mabey 8 to 12 shows per year just hitting the main venues-but majorly kicking ass when they did.

lms2
    After thinking about it though-it probably is more of their style to try to do the second reunion tour with Dave and then drop out of site. Then we can hear about how it is all Dave's fault, and how many songs Eddie has that he just hasn't been able to record. And the fans get double fucked. Now that just pisses me off.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anytime I see a scenario that involves VH fans getting fucked over, Ed springs to mind.

thefive
    What an imagination people have? LOL What is next The atomic punks warming up for his tour.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You never know what can happen with this band. I've seen things I never thought I would see over the past 6 years, so I'm not going to be surprised by anything. What am I saying you ask? Don't be surprised if they do this tour with Sammy then one with Dave. Stranger things have and ALMOST have happened.

guwapo_rocker
    Interesting article in today's Toronto sun about all of the big tours coming through this summer. Pictures of Madonna, Britany, The Hip etc. No picture of Van Hager, just one tiny line amongst the 200 or so other shows that reads...

"July 03..Van Halen (with Sammy Hager)"

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At this point, a reunion tour with the sisters is actually BAD news for Dave's fans.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

MY THOUGHTS

Putting aside my opinion that Dave shouldn't go back no matter what, I don't think it will happen anyway because if you think about it---if they were to re-unite with DLR you know the press would basically only be interested in interviewing DLR and he would be the focus of the tour in the mainstream press (LIKE HE ALWAYS WAS). Alex and Eddie can't stand that idea. Therefore he will never be back. I for one think it's a good thing. Dave should never re-unite with those punk asses.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: DLR Rumor I picked up over @ the links

Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
    A friend of mine who is Very close with Sammy's webmaster said that at Tahoe Wabo, one of Sam's 'employees' mentioned that the rumor circulating within the VH camp is that plans are to have Sam perform this tour, do one more 'reunion' tour with Dave, then return to hiding....for good.

My mind is blown. I wouldnt be suprised, however, that's a really shitty way of doing things. Again, a rumor.
    this is basically what we have been hearing for some time now. I think Fab just started a thread on this about a week ago.

It seems logical to me, I hope its true!! The only way VAN HALEN should retire is off a final tour and album with DAVE.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it would be nice,but if they are going to tour w/dave a new cd would be even better to go w/the tour...

but its probaly just bullshit, but who knows w/the vh camp
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bullshit it is. The fact is we will never see the real VH on stage ever again, despite what you may hope or hear. All signs point to Ed, Al & Mike being big pussies who would rather play to half empty arenas playing mediocre material.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    1996 was the time,
    place and wormhole in space for the real deal to happen.

Mezro...the universe made it miss and the future seems to be an abyss...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What sucks is everything is kept in the dark. Dave or Van halen never let you know what's going on. Dave should just put out his own box set. Fuck Van Hagar.
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the strange thing... neither Dave or the VH sisters have mentioned eachother in the media. Something about this current tour (which I attended the L.A. show) strikes me as being, sort of, "forced"... almost a last minute, half-ass, going through the motions type arrangement... both camps have been real quiet. I think a REAL reunion with DLR would make sense judging the way both camps have been hush hush toward eachother! My opinion is that it is understood by both Sammy & the VH sisters that this tour might be a one time tour with a second reunion coming next year!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The sisters should release the tracks they recorded with Dave a few years ago. If they were to release those songs the sisters would see what the fans want (based on what the sales would generate) and eat crow, and beg for Diamonds forgiveness.

Lou
    Originally posted by Brownsound1
    You never know what can happen with this band. I've seen things I never thought I would see over the past 6 years, so I'm not going to be surprised by anything. What am I saying you ask? Don't be surprised if they do this tour with Sammy then one with Dave. Stranger things have and ALMOST have happened.
    Yeah but they're all BAD things aren't they. Of what's actually happened, none of it was good.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why don't you tell DLR to quit being such an egotistical cocktard and apologize to Eddie, Alex and Mike?

The ONLY reason that DLR is not with VH right now is because he is a fucking moron with a bad attitude and an ego the size of Mount Rushmore.

Eddie didn't event the term LSD for nothing.

If DLR would actually act like a normal human being and be atleast HALF WAY respectfull to his fellow band mates he would have his dream job back with VH.
    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by WOAHYEAH

That is what most people have been predicting for a while. Makes sense - who would waste their money on a Sam show when they just saw the Dave show a year earlier.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    Why don't you tell DLR to quit being such an egotistical cocktard and apologize to Eddie, Alex and Mike?

The ONLY reason that DLR is not with VH right now is because he is a fucking moron with a bad attitude and an ego the size of Mount Rushmore.

If DLR would actually act like a normal human being and be atleast HALF WAY respectfull to his fellow band mates he would have his dream job back with VH.
    The only reason Dave egotistical is because he is so much better than every one else. If he wasn't truly better than everyone else, he wouldn't have an ego problem.

Lou

"Dream job back with VH"--whatever. Like the band was always a trio, plus a singer.

You think Eddie looks like a normal human being up there? Maybe Ed should start practicing those songs again because he's not really tearing things up right now.

There is no VH without Dave!!!!!

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have heard rumors about Dave and VH in 2005. It would be awesome to see the original Van Halen, since I have never been able to see them. It has suprised me how very little Dave has spoken about this tour, and Vice Versa. Maybe it will happen . . .

Loons The Great

Eddie still needs to apologize to Dave for talkin' 'bout his hip surgery at the '96 VMA's...that night was about Diamond Dave, not Eddie's poor me bullshit...Eddie and Al are guilty of bad attitude and ego problems...Mikey is guilty of not having an ego...but having a mullet...the term LSD IS FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!

Face it, all you Hagar sheep, Roth is laughing last. He is the heavyweight champion of rock n roll. Eddie and Al ARE guilty of wastin' time and destroying Van Halen's once mythological legacy and legend. Dave knows how to quarterback a football team, how to be a Don of a family, how to lead an expidition into uncharted jungle, and how to rock any house down to the foundation...He looks better, sounds better, and IZ better. His songs, lyrics, stage antics, albums, and interviews are infinitely superior to Van Hagar's. Yez Yez Yez...that's the lowdown brownsoun' truth...awww tell it like it iz nah nah...well well well...alright alright...well, lemme tell ya 'bout somethin' Ize know...money beats soul ebery time, come on...

On a side note, listenin' to DLR Band live in Japan 2004 an' Roth surprized the hell outta me by singin' some of Ludacris's Stand Up...wowza...

Starwood
    FOR THE LAST TIME...Dave won't sing Sammy songs - so the deal is dead. The Halens actually think that shit is worth playing. For the record, Starwood ain't paying to see Dave sing "Right Now" or any other watered-down pop rock.
    And, do yourself and all of us a favor - quit bringing Links word drool over here.

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by BruinJer
    ...Something about this current tour (which I attended the L.A. show) strikes me as being, sort of, "forced"... almost a last minute, half-ass, going through the motions type arrangement...
    Strike "something" and replace with "everything" and you've got an all points covered roadmap to the truth of the matter.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Starwood
    FOR THE LAST TIME...Dave won't sing Sammy songs - so the deal is dead. The Halens actually think that shit is worth playing. For the record, Starwood ain't paying to see Dave sing "Right Now" or any other watered-down pop rock.
    And, do yourself and all of us a favor - quit bringing Links word drool over here.
    You really think the VH sisters are so stupid that they would refuse to do a reunion if Dave didn't sing Sam songs. I don't think it has anything to do with that. The problems boil down to incompatible personalities (i.e. hardest working man in rock and roll versus two lazy fucks that like screwing over the few fans they have left) and the fact that the VH sisters are not offering Dave a fair deal.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Furthermore, asking Dave to sing Sam songs is like asking Paul McCartney to sing New Kids On The Block. No one would be stupid enough to ask Dave to do that - not even Ed. Besides, who wants to hear Sam songs anyway.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I beleive Dave himself started a thread on this site that read " Classic Vanhalen 2005"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by throatrocket
    I beleive Dave himself started a thread on this site that read " Classic Vanhalen 2005"
    Do you Believe !
    Dont you trust me ?
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I ain't buying it

The Beatles will do a reunion tour before Roth and the VH sisters...
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LISTEN PEOPLE! You need to be careful, you never know WHAT you "might" pick up over at the links!!! USE PROTECTION!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People are clutching at the straws because the Van Halens greed seems to know no bounds at the moment with this tour. The fact they asked him to play along with Hagar has to be positive too, I guess...

A huge fucking piece of eveidence against this rumor though is the BOBW album.

Erasing Roth from the insert doesn't look like they have a long term strategy in place involving Roth who is more proud of their work together than they are.

Thread Information