Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Halen vs. The Atomic Punks

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fan Halen vs. The Atomic Punks

Here's a direct quote below from the Fan Halen MySpace page.

""Sure there's other Van Halen tribute bands out there but NONE that are more authentic and true to the original band than FAN HALEN...just take a look and listen...in most cases those other Van Halen tributes have only two members that resemble the original band...would you really want to go see a Beatles tribute and only the John and Paul look and sound like members of the Beatles and the George and Ringo look like two ordinary guys that just strolled in off the street? Well this is what you get with those other guys!

No other tribute to Van Halen more closely captures the live Van Halen show and experience than FAN HALEN! From the look of the band, the outfits, the choreography, the note-for-note reproduction of some of the greatest rock songs ever performed to the sonic energy of the performance nothing is overlooked...in other words, for those 60-minutes while FAN HALEN is on stage they are Van Halen!""

OK, so let's take a look and listen!!!!
    I would much rather hear a band that could play the material as "dead on close" to the original than see guys that were average musically, but dressed in a proper costume & had no life and cut their hair to look like a cheesy version of somebody. What do you think?? Which VH Tribute would you guys rather see?? Atomic Punks or Fan Halen?? Claims like this need to be adressed by the real VH fans....ok, take a look and listen, Fan Halen 2009 & Atomic Punks 2009, YOU GUYS be the judges!!
    ----------------

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who needs any VH Tribute band at this point? Kinda silly to be talking about "authenticity" when the real band recently toured and is supposedly preparing new material, ya know?

And by the way, if you really are involved with the Punks other than appropriating the name, you are engaging in an interesting theory of public relations. In the first place, cover bands make their living performing not only the tunes, yet by using the actions and personae of another act rather than creating their own. In other words, they are no different than some band playing Top 40 cover tunes in a pub someplace, except they dress up in costumes. To take shots at another group that is plying the same trade is not only unprofessional, it's simply dumb.

Believe it or not, there are ways in which to pimp your favored band other than at the expense of the so-called competition. The "had no life" line (along with your other commentary) was completely uncalled for.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 08-08-2009 at 10:08 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm surprised one of these tribute bands hasn't ponied up a little extra scratch and gotten the real Michael Anthony yet. Sure he may have to sign away all future Chickenfoot rights, but really...how hard is it to sign away $10? At least with a tribute band playing in clubs that usually serve food, he would finally have a market for his hot sauce.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll be brutally honest. I always am.

This is pointless, and you're making yourselves look bad. Arseholes, even.

Yeah, a little war/cuntflict is always good and is to be encouraged, but to walk around arseking people "Do you like me better?" just reeks of suckiness.

At least you're taking it a step further and asking whether we'd like to see lookalikes or musicians, but the offensive remarks about the other guys having no life warrants the above reply.

See, if this was all about the dissected question - What do fans prefer? Seeing lookalikes who aren't much good at playing your favorite band's music, or musicians who play really well, but don't much look like your favorite band? - I would answer. And the answer would be something like:

Well, if I really had to choose, I'd go for the musicians. I prefer to LISTEN to the music than to LOOK at the guys playing. But if I didn't had to choose, I'd go to both.

Cheers! :bottle:

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAtomicPunks View Post
    I would much rather hear a band that could play the material as "dead on close" to the original than see guys that were average musically, but dressed in a proper costume & had no life and cut their hair to look like a cheesy version of somebody.
    Don't take that in the wrong way. My statement was not about Fan Halen, it was about any "tribute" type act. I would much rather hear guys that can play. And "have a life" referring to the fact that, if you are a working musician, your life involves much more other work that just your particular tribute band. Some guys can't afford to make their whole existence a carbon copy of someone else's character.
    The real statements in question here were the one's off of Fan Halen's MySpace page.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As Don Corleone said, "it doesn't make any difference to me what a man does for a living"...

In my opinion, if any CVH tribute band wants to praise the word of early Roth-led Van Halen and play that music as close to perfection as they can, more fucking power to them... And in the process, make enough bucks to make it a living, fuckin' A......

Personally, I've only went to one VH tribute band show here in VA Beach, probably about 10 years ago... I don't even remember who the fuck it was (wasn't the Punks, I'm sure of that).... But just standing around in a bar, watching a band, drinking a few cold brews, watching the honeys, and listening to old Van Halen, is definition of a good time in my book....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Atomic Punks...with or without Ralph...are...and have always been the best Roth-era Van Halen coverband....not only do they sound better...but have the attitude.

Not only that...but they were essentially Roth's feeder band in the late 90's and early 2000's. That alone is enough for me. If you've become the minor league feeder band for the guy you are emulating...well...

done deal.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Who needs any VH Tribute band at this point? Kinda silly to be talking about "authenticity" when the real band recently toured and is supposedly preparing new material, ya know?

And by the way, if you really are involved with the Punks other than appropriating the name, you are engaging in an interesting theory of public relations. In the first place, cover bands make their living performing not only the tunes, yet by using the actions and personae of another act rather than creating their own. In other words, they are no different than some band playing Top 40 cover tunes in a pub someplace, except they dress up in costumes. To take shots at another group that is plying the same trade is not only unprofessional, it's simply dumb.

Believe it or not, there are ways in which to pimp your favored band other than at the expense of the so-called competition. The "had no life" line (along with your other commentary) was completely uncalled for.
    Great post. Yeah, nothing gives me more of a "I could give a fuck" attitude than a cover band in a bar. It's like live karaoke or something....

Sgt. Swindle
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Since you're asking. In the clips you put up to judge, Fan Halen is better. It's a tribute band. Both bands sound like Van Halen, but that's only half of it. The new punks singer has a vibrato that ruins the "Dave" thing. Fan Halen looks more like the band. And since the point is to do a "tribute" to them, sounding like them isn't enough. You asked.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    The Atomic Punks...with or without Ralph...are...and have always been the best Roth-era Van Halen coverband....not only do they sound better...but have the attitude.

Not only that...but they were essentially Roth's feeder band in the late 90's and early 2000's. That alone is enough for me. If you've become the minor league feeder band for the guy you are emulating...well...

done deal.
    Bam! Nailed it...

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm bored with both,

but not these two..
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool

Don't take that in the wrong way. My statement was not about Fan Halen, it was about any "tribute" type act. I would much rather hear guys that can play. And "have a life" referring to the fact that, if you are a working musician, your life involves much more other work that just your particular tribute band. Some guys can't afford to make their whole existence a carbon copy of someone else's character.
    The real statements in question here were the one's off of Fan Halen's MySpace page.
    Ummm...no. The "real statements in question" here are how you took it upon yourself to present them outside of where they were initially posted.

Let's review, shall we?

You started this thread, using some random clips to prove a somewhat nebulous point about quality. You went on to ask people to make a choice between the group you are "supposedly" representing and another out there on the circuit. In order to support whatever point you were attempting to make, you made statements that you needed to qualify in a later post after you were called on for offering, leading to you actually needing to quote yourself !

And you are the current spokesman for the APunks? If that is the case, you certainly have shown a certain ineptitude so far in your new position. Perhaps it isn't too late to get your old job back at KFC, where dealing with the public was a far simpler task.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny this thread appears! I just got home from the Fan Halen show! Derek and Brian have it going n! I have never seen the Atomic Punks but Fan Halen damn sure put on a great show in Orlando tonight!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At the begining of the Fan Halen show tonight thay ran a video ... a remake of the backstage video with DAVE shaggin' with the gal on piano! They had all the props and all and it looked exactly like the Van Halen skit but it was the Fan Halen members instead! I have seen the Punks videos and seen Ralph here in Orlando ... he sang with the LA GUNS! They did some van Halen tunes! Ralphis a lil sawed off but does a good DAVE! After seeing Brian tonight I think he is the frontrunner appearance wise and sound wise! He's got the screams down too! The whole band kicks ass! All in all I give Fan Halen all thumbs up! I challenge the Atomic Punks to come to Orlando and prove me wrong! Looks like "1984" will be here on Sept. 5th!

Check out these guys, kinda funny ... their name:
    FIRE WARNING VAN HALEN Tribute Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

All the van halen cover bands can be found here(cough cough insert shameless plug):
    MySpace - WALDO♪ - 33 - Male - Beverly Hills, CALIFORNIA - myspace.com/sitdownwaldo
    Last edited by Douglas T.; 08-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, tribute wars! Chef, you made me reread this post twice, thought I missed what it was about. I don't see the Punks bagging on anyone one here. It's more like Fan Halen taking a backhanded jab at AP. Looks like Fan Halen said take a Look and Listen, then the Punks said ok, let's take a look and listen. What's wrong with that? The fact that they wanted to make sure you understood their view is cool too. They could have left it as is and said who cares. 
    I have seen the AP's many times and they always nail it, super cool dudes, don't really need to say much about them. As for FH, only seen their stuff on YouTube. The video posted from Universal was pretty clear, easy to hear everything and I'm still not a fan. Surprising that they would actually take jabs at the AP's. Oh well, kinda like Coke vs Pepsi. I would never pay my hard earned money to go see FH based off of the videos I have seen. That's just my 2 cents.
    VH Forever 

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Without dipping my feet into this too much...

Fan Halen might have the look (kudos for the drumkit, BTW), but I'd rather see The Punks. It's an enthusiasm thing, y'know...
    Last edited by Coyote; 08-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Without dipping my feet into this too much...

Fan Halen might have the look (kudos for the drumkit, BTW), but I'd rather see The Punks. It's an enthusiasm thing, y'know...
    ... or is it just the coolest band name thing?!?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas T. View Post
    Funny this thread appears! I just got home from the Fan Halen show! Derek and Brian have it going n! I have never seen the Atomic Punks but Fan Halen damn sure put on a great show in Orlando tonight!
    Maybe seeing them in person is a different story Doug, but just from looking at those two clips, it's no contest IMO... Punks hands down....

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ... or is it just the coolest band name thing?!?
    No comment.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Lmao!

Last edited by ELVIS; 08-11-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Because of the big fat fag tattoo...

Sgt. Swindle
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Houston we have one problem! What is wrong with this picture of David Lee Brian?!

MySpace - David Lee Brian - 41 - Male - LONG BEACH, California - myspace.com/davidleebrian

He's got that damn 5150 tattoo.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

The real band got back together? The only thing I've heard about is some half ass three quarters, scab version parading around as the real thing.

Until Ed, Al and Dave pull their heads out of their ass and get Mike back VH is nothing but a glorified tribute band at best. If you're like me and have seen the Punks you'll agree that they're younger and do a better job on the songs

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Houston we have one problem! What is wrong with this picture of David Lee Brian?!

MySpace - David Lee Brian - 41 - Male - LONG BEACH, California - myspace.com/davidleebrian
    Sheep Stamp

BWahahahahahah!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've seen the punks and fan halen, I enjoyed both. I'd go see either again whenever they come to dfw (going on the 20th to see the punks when they are in town).

Both bands do a good job, who cares which is best? If I wanted to see the best rendition of classic van halen, I'd pop in a dvd of their tour in south america and watch it.

I don't think comparison threads like this started by one of the bands themselves is a good idea or serves that band very well. Just my take. The intarwebs doesn't take well to perceived boasting in general.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I'm surprised one of these tribute bands hasn't ponied up a little extra scratch and gotten the real Michael Anthony yet. Sure he may have to sign away all future Chickenfoot rights, but really...how hard is it to sign away $10? At least with a tribute band playing in clubs that usually serve food, he would finally have a market for his hot sauce.
    There in lies the problem... Neither band has even invested in the proper hair plugs for the MA character nor the Roth character.

FanHalen at least got a fat fucker up there but that fat boy needs to move his ass on stage.

I'd say the Punks have it closer... but they need to fatten up the Bassplayer.

It ain't CVH without hairplugs!!

May I suggest you hire 113 as your hairplug consultant...

Get it right you bunch of posers!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just to chime in. After seeing the every Ralph incarnation of the Punks since 94, they were the gold standard of VH tribute bands. It filled a huge void while Hagar was with Ed. I had a great time at every Punks show I have been to in NorCal & SoCal.

Now with all the lineup changes in the APs and everyone and their mother coming out with their own version of a VH tribute, it has lost a little luster.

If a few of the tribute bands want to drum up a little interest with a little whos better, well then more power to them. It's all in fun anyways.

ALSO, if you are not heavily drinking at these shows, then what are you doing there..lol?

+++++++++++++++

On a side note Joe the bass player for the APs (the original poster of this topic) has always been very cool at every show I have been to. He also posts a bit over at jamtothis.com and would always answer questions about the Punks.

++++

Former Punks (& DLR band) guitar player BYoung used to post over at diamonddavidleeroth.com a few years back. That was cool for a while as well.
    Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 08-10-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I've seen the punks and fan halen, I enjoyed both. I'd go see either again whenever they come to dfw (going on the 20th to see the punks when they are in town).

Both bands do a good job, who cares which is best? If I wanted to see the best rendition of classic van halen, I'd pop in a dvd of their tour in south america and watch it.

I don't think comparison threads like this started by one of the bands themselves is a good idea or serves that band very well. Just my take. The intarwebs doesn't take well to perceived boasting in general.
    This is Derek with FAN HALEN and I agree with this post...I don't think there's anyone who really cares which "tribute" band to Van Halen is better….it’s a tribute band for God sakes! If you’re a fan of classic Van Halen you're going to enjoy both bands as both do a great job of recreating classic Van Halen!

Honestly, I think the Punks are a very good band (I've supported them since Bart Walsh was the guitarist) and they're the reason we do this in the first place. I've never said a bad thing about them but they like to disparage me and my band and say we suck, we’re shitty musicians or I'm a "homo" (actually said this on a Youtube video comment where my son is playing guitar). Of course this is their prerogative and I can understand the emotion behind it as they’ve never really had competition before.

So come on out and see either band, have a few beers and I promise you will have a good time! And if anyone’s interested FAN HALEN is at the Anaheim Downtown Disney House of Blues this Friday, August 14th with a GREAT tribute to Led Zeppelin, Led Zepagain. Then Saturday, August 15th we’re at the San Diego House of Blues.

Finally, thank you to everyone who wrote nice comments about my band, I truly appreciate it and appreciate your support!

Hope to see you soon!

-Derek
    The Official Fan Halen Web Site
    FAN HALEN - Anahiem & San Diego House of Blues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who cares?! Both bands a obviously passionate about CVH and that's all that matters here. Cheers to both bands for keeping the spirit alive!

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, one it comes to attitude, Fan Halen takes the cheese, I believe.

Well posted, Derek.

Although, technically speaking, now that both bands have someone here, there COULD be a shitfest...

Not that I'm trying to unleash one on the other, but it's still fairer than when this thread started.

Kudos for giving props to the Punks after "their" rotten attitude, nevertheless.

Cheers! :bottle:

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR4VH View Post
    This is Derek with FAN HALEN and I agree with this post...I don't think there's anyone who really cares which "tribute" band to Van Halen is better….it’s a tribute band for God sakes! If you’re a fan of classic Van Halen you're going to enjoy both bands as both do a great job of recreating classic Van Halen!
    Hope to see you soon!

-Derek
    The Official Fan Halen Web Site
    FAN HALEN - Anahiem & San Diego House of Blues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thanks for all the "hard work" touring and coming thru for your fans in Orlando and all around the country! Hope to see you back soon! bring that Zepplin band with ya!

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR4VH View Post

Honestly, I think the Punks are a very good band (I've supported them since Bart Walsh was the guitarist) and they're the reason we do this in the first place. I've never said a bad thing about them but they like to disparage me and my band and say we suck, we’re shitty musicians or I'm a "homo" (actually said this on a Youtube video comment where my son is playing guitar). Of course this is their prerogative and I can understand the emotion behind it as they’ve never really had competition before.

So come on out and see either band, have a few beers and I promise you will have a good time! And if anyone’s interested FAN HALEN is at the Anaheim Downtown Disney House of Blues this Friday, August 14th with a GREAT tribute to Led Zeppelin, Led Zepagain. Then Saturday, August 15th we’re at the San Diego House of Blues.

Finally, thank you to everyone who wrote nice comments about my band, I truly appreciate it and appreciate your support!

Hope to see you soon!

-Derek
    You're such a hypocrite! I love the fact that you come on here & try & make like such a nice guy & portray yourself as some innocent dude who just loves both bands...blah blah blah! I would have way more respect for you if you were just candid & honest. You have been doggin on us for about 8 months now. I can pull direct quotes from some of your other posts. How about the one where you posted that the Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best at this. If you're gonna start making claims that you can't live up to & try & fuck with someone else you might just get called out & that's what happened. That's how this all started Derek! You decided you wanted to talk shit all over the place. We've heard the comments you've made to people at other clubs & seen the letters you've sent owners in the places we play trying to steal our gigs & you're radio interview bagging on us? Nope, you're right, WE DON'T think we are Van Halen, never have from day 1. We celebrate the band & the great music. If you guys wanna go up on stage & call yourself Edward Van Halen & Diamond Dave, that's your thing. I was flabbergasted when I saw that Universal video that was posted. Seriously? Maybe it was just a bad night? But that is not a great representaion of Van Halen. That was the first video I've heard that wasn't distorted & you can hear everything you guys are doing. Trust me...The Atomic Punks are not concerned about any "competition" from you guys, so you can scratch that excuse off your list.
    As for someone referring to you as a "homo" & saying you guys "suck"...100% I can say that it was not posted by any of us in Atomic Punks. It's also NOT posted on the video of your kid playing. People say all kinds of lame stuff on the internet, but we have not commented on any of your videos on YouTube. I will give your kid props, sounds like he's gonna be a pretty good player. I will also give you props on the costumes, looks good. We have proved over 15 years that you don't need expensive custom VH costumes made to put on a great show.
    Don't be mad at us cause you auditioned & we didn't take you. You seemed like a nice guy then, unfortunately you had timing issues that were not gonna be fixed quick enough to play with us. Scott actually wanted to give you a chance but I told him no way, not gonna work. So blame me. Then Scott offers you advice & help with your bands & you turn around & shit on him.
    As for your email about me making slanderous remarks?? How can they be slanderous when they are true? When Ricky played with you a while back, he said you were talking all kinds of shit about David Lee Brian (or whatever you call him) & vice versa, when Brian wanted to audition for us when Ralph left, Scott said he talked shit about you. So whatever, it's your band.
    As for this thread, my point has been made. People can misread, reword, whatever they want. You guys made multiple statements about being the best VH Tribute Band. I saw the one that said "have a look & listen", so I said ok, let's have a look and listen. People want to interpret that another way, I can't change that. As for the "get a life" comment, that was not directed at you guys. How could it be? You wear a wig onstage, you're singer wears a wig onstage, that's fine, part of the gig. Your bass player & drummer are probably nice dudes. Sadly, you're a wolf in sheep's disguise.

Just because I signed up under TheAtomicPunks in no way means I'm speaking for the band, these are my opinions and mine alone. So be it, we'll continue doing what we do & best of luck to Fan Halen. Derek, you wanna talk to me, I'm sure you know someone that has my phone number, maybe Albert...
    You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.
    And yes, in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters at all, just a little competetive banter!!
    -Joe

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.-Joe
    Could you bring it to Orlando and the rest of the states in person!? Fan Halen is the first CVH cover band I've seen around here in a looong time!! I'd like to see if you can top the FH!
    Last edited by Douglas T.; 08-10-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're such a hypocrite! I love the fact that you come on here & try & make like such a nice guy & portray yourself as some innocent dude who just loves both bands...blah blah blah! I would have way more respect for you if you were just candid & honest. You have been doggin on us for about 8 months now. I can pull direct quotes from some of your other posts. How about the one where you posted that the Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best at this. If you're gonna start making claims that you can't live up to & try & fuck with someone else you might just get called out & that's what happened. That's how this all started Derek! You decided you wanted to talk shit all over the place. We've heard the comments you've made to people at other clubs & seen the letters you've sent owners in the places we play trying to steal our gigs & you're radio interview bagging on us? Nope, you're right, WE DON'T think we are Van Halen, never have from day 1. We celebrate the band & the great music. If you guys wanna go up on stage & call yourself Edward Van Halen & Diamond Dave, that's your thing. I was flabbergasted when I saw that Universal video that was posted. Seriously? Maybe it was just a bad night? But that is not a great representaion of Van Halen. That was the first video I've heard that wasn't distorted & you can hear everything you guys are doing. Trust me...The Atomic Punks are not concerned about any "competition" from you guys, so you can scratch that excuse off your list.
    As for someone referring to you as a "homo" & saying you guys "suck"...100% I can say that it was not posted by any of us in Atomic Punks. It's also NOT posted on the video of your kid playing. People say all kinds of lame stuff on the internet, but we have not commented on any of your videos on YouTube. I will give your kid props, sounds like he's gonna be a pretty good player. I will also give you props on the costumes, looks good. We have proved over 15 years that you don't need expensive custom VH costumes made to put on a great show.
    Don't be mad at us cause you auditioned & we didn't take you. You seemed like a nice guy then, unfortunately you had timing issues that were not gonna be fixed quick enough to play with us. Scott actually wanted to give you a chance but I told him no way, not gonna work. So blame me. Then Scott offers you advice & help with your bands & you turn around & shit on him.
    As for your email about me making slanderous remarks?? How can they be slanderous when they are true? When Ricky played with you a while back, he said you were talking all kinds of shit about David Lee Brian (or whatever you call him) & vice versa, when Brian wanted to audition for us when Ralph left, Scott said he talked shit about you. So whatever, it's your band.
    As for this thread, my point has been made. People can misread, reword, whatever they want. You guys made multiple statements about being the best VH Tribute Band. I saw the one that said "have a look & listen", so I said ok, let's have a look and listen. People want to interpret that another way, I can't change that. As for the "get a life" comment, that was not directed at you guys. How could it be? You wear a wig onstage, you're singer wears a wig onstage, that's fine, part of the gig. Your bass player & drummer are probably nice dudes. Sadly, you're a wolf in sheep's disguise.

Just because I signed up under TheAtomicPunks in no way means I'm speaking for the band, these are my opinions and mine alone. So be it, we'll continue doing what we do & best of luck to Fan Halen. Derek, you wanna talk to me, I'm sure you know someone that has my phone number, maybe Albert...
    You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.
    And yes, in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters at all, just a little competetive banter!!
    -Joe
    Just for the record, the post you're referring to: "Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best" was NOT me. That's "Top Jimmy" who's real name is Jason. You say above this is how it all started, well I didn't start anything because I didn't write that.

-Derek

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Isn't this what Classic Van Halen rock & roll is all about...

everybody pissin' on everybody else's cheerios.

From one of the webmasters here, in all honesty...Derek and Joe, it's good having you both here at the best "Tribute" to Diamond David Lee Roth on the internet.

Get out your swag.

We've backed the Punks to years, run websites for them and their former members, been at more than enough shows to count...so the Punks know where the Army stands.

Competition never hurt anyone....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Isn't this what Classic Van Halen rock & roll is all about...
    Amen brother...

Both you guys are more than welcome.... It's all about Roth and Classic Van Halen here, and you guys fill the bill....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zahzoo View Post
    there in lies the problem... Neither band has even invested in the proper hair plugs for the ma character nor the roth character.

Fanhalen at least got a fat fucker up there but that fat boy needs to move his ass on stage.

I'd say the punks have it closer... But they need to fatten up the bassplayer.

It ain't cvh without hairplugs!!

May i suggest you hire 113 as your hairplug consultant...

Get it right you bunch of posers!!
    ditto zah!

Pervert On A Park Bench
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My unwanted 2 cents:

Don't bitch at the competition,
    just raise your game to the point where there is no doubt!

You're feeling the heat, and handling it poorly:
    "taking food from my kid's table/mouth"...
    completely ridiculous, man...

You could say the same about EVERY tribute band,
    because they are all your competition...Van Halen or otherwise.

Hell Ed Van Halen could say the same thing about YOU, Joe.

How much of your gig money are you sending to EVH, Inc,
    for performance royalties?

It's BUSINESS.
    When the Japanese started telling Americans
    "buy our cars instead of theirs,because they're less expensive & run just as good",
    I didn't hear our president declare war...I heard him telling us to get off our asses and reclaim the title!

When Ralph left,
    You obviously thought you could keep the wolves at bay
    and just keep the machine right on rolling with little momentum-loss...

Fact is, that wasn't the case, for whatEVER reason.

You HAD to know that once your star left, (yes, he was)
    EVERY Vh band was going to try to get a piece of the action......

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED your band..

I was in a couple of bands that opened for you guys....total fun everytime.
    I even paid to see you guys on several occasions, which I NEVER do anymore,
    (too stingy)

The fact is that since Ralph Saenz left your band,
    it hasn't been as good as it was. You know that.

If he was still in the band, this thread and the reason for it,
    would likely never have come to pass.

I don't think Derek is too bummed about not getting in your band,
    but maye you should re-examine the results of that decision...

Had he been in your band,
    he would be working just as hard for the success of The Atomic Punks...
    think about THAT for a minute.....

(I'm sure you won't be letting any of my bands open for you now that I'm running my mouth, but that's ok, I'm an expert at shooting myself in the foot with the jackass things I say in public forums, and besides..we suck.)

This reminds me of that parking lot scene in Rock Star,
    where they got into a bitch fight over who was the most 'authentic'...

Only it was funny in the movie.

(and before you start...Derek didn't ask for, or encourage, any of my postings,
    the only time I've spoken to him recently was when he called me today to tell me
    what he said about me in that post, so I wouldn't think he was talkin' smack behind
    my back....that's how friends are.)
    Last edited by Top Jimmy; 08-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My band is totally better at VH than both of your bands and I don't even look like Eddie Van Halen and my band doesn't have a singer right now.

My Dad is bigger than your Dad.

Also, cocks.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No debate.

The Atomic Punks are the FINAL word in VH tribute bands.

Long live the Punks!
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Artie Lange is the bass player in Fan Halen?

What the fuck????

Thread Information