ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

Good Times

Comment

• standin
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      He permanently morphed into that look once he realized he had a Dinky Winky...
      I wasn't going to point out how creepy it was too. Just figured that was a time before people grasped how creepy creepy could be. And surely it was as creepy a show as that one clip make it out to be.
      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        When I was a kid, some genius came up with a piece of plastic you'd stick over your black and white tv screen in order to see images in color. The bottom was green (for grass) and the top was (naturally) blue for the sky. For some reason, it didn't work.

A couple years later, the same concept was used with the idea of selling them to kids so they could draw on the tv screen during the Winky Dink Show. Of course, some of the slower children in my neighborhood simply wrote all over the tv screen, much to the less than spectacular delight of their parents.

So, following this line of thought, one could wrap the monitor with Saran Wrap and then using colored pens, one could make the site look like anything imaginable!
        When I was about 4 years old, I was fascinated with this Northwest Airlines commercial that was airing at the time, because there was some graph or arrow or something like that that seemed to "magically" draw itself on the screen.

So I figured.... "This guy's drawing on the TV. So will I." Grabbed a permanent marker and made my own contributions to his graphics.

Of course, mine didn't go away when the commercial was over.

Hey, like I said.... I was 4. Seemed like a logical idea then. We needed a new TV anyway (still on a damn black & white then, and it was already 1970)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
          I wasn't going to point out how creepy it was too. Just figured that was a time before people grasped how creepy creepy could be. And surely it was as creepy a show as that one clip make it out to be.
          One thing to remember if you were old enough to have experienced B&W TV... was due to the lack of contrast in the available shades, your preferable facial features of the times were rather exagerated. That changed with color and makeup.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

One thing to remember if you were old enough to have experienced B&W TV... was due to the lack of contrast in the available shades, your preferable facial features of the times were rather exagerated. That changed with color and makeup.
            Which is why Nixon lost to Kennedy. During a debate before the election, Nixon declined to use make up. As a result, he came off looking somewhat sickly and untrustworthy.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• standin
              Veteran
              • Apr 2009

That was supposed to be not as creepy as that clip made it seem.

But there something that just ain't right about his eyes.
              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Reverberator
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Aug 2004

It's about the vibe not the fuckin' colours.....and if as you state in your avatar that you are a Dump Meister , then you already have the colours anyway........eh?
                Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                the chazzers are so lucky
                so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Reverberator
                  It's about the vibe not the fuckin' colours.....and if as you state in your avatar that you are a Dump Meister , then you already have the colours anyway........eh?
                  Indeed Rev, it's the vibe.

Dammit people, I was just asking for a change of colours, back to the old grey & red, nothing else. I'm not saying this site sucks, never did.

So yeah, my first post was a little over dramatic, but what the fuck? You guys should know by now I'm never as serious as it looks.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Sarge
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

The redesign is done, we are currently having someone splice it up for CSS and implementing it.
                    Breasts,
                    Sarge
                    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Sarge
                      The redesign is done, we are currently having someone splice it up for CSS and implementing it.
                      Breasts,
                      Sarge

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                        Breasts,
                        Sarge
                        YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makin' the best site ever even better - RAWK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants
                            Because of the news that the layout is ready, or because mine & Thome's smilie filled posts combined gave you epilepsy?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              Oh my....

I jizzed in my pants

Comment

Working...