X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Jay, you need to know this:

Guitarists are not the leader of the band, that's the drummers' job. They conduct the guitarist like an extension of the percussion kit, much as the adept guitar player uses his instrument as an extension of his body.

This Franky project is an extension of the dumpster, it will conduct only the homeless with its' improper intonation buzzing frets and lumpy backshaped neck.

Birds' eye maple:

Birdshot (chinese elm) maple:

I don't see any birdseye figuring. Maybe DiamondJimi whacked it with a plastic bag full of BB's then clearcoated the dents? Because I didn't see any figuring..

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Your point being...?

Originally posted by GAR
      Jay, you need to know this:
      That you tend to ramble aimlessly? Already did. And your plywood-Charvette having-permanently owned ass already knows better than to lecture me (or anyone else here) about wood types, dumbass.

If he made out of Balsa wood, and it works for him, more power to him, and you - get to fuck off as usual.

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
        That you tend to ramble aimlessly? Already did. And your plywood-Charvette having-permanently owned ass already knows better than to lecture me (or anyone else here) about wood types, dumbass.

If he made out of Balsa wood, and it works for him, more power to him, and you - get to fuck off as usual.

That's what you don't get Clay.......we respect the fact that people are building guitars, not every fine point or how in imaginary land you could build it better. We're here to celebrate the spirit of do it your self-ers .
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

With that note of positivaTEH, I do admire it as wall art.

But I'd like to ask about that neck gap: can you slip three picks in there, or four?

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

DAP sells a Tub and Tile Caulk tube that should help out.

You shouldn't require more than an ounce or two to fill the neck slot.

Then, when your'e done you can use the remainder left to caulk around the base of your toilet and prevent more of those bugs from CRAWLING up your ASS!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Jealous much Clay?
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

He admits the selector switch doesn't work - so why would anyone be jealous? If DJ read an interview with EVH saying neither pickup is hooked up, he'd tend to believe that also and leave both pickups disconnected.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Just kills you that people here actual build guitars and think your input is worthless, Mr Expert In Everything.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by IMAGINARY GUITAR OWNER
                    With that note of positivaTEH, I do admire it as wall art.
                    It pretty much was made to be "wall art"/ cuntversataion piece. A very well functioning one at that.

But I'd like to ask about that neck gap: can you slip three picks in there, or four?
                    It's big enough to fit your needledick in that's for sure, Turdpusher...

DAP sells a Tub and Tile Caulk tube that should help out.
                    Shut...up...STUPID!

You shouldn't require more than an ounce or two to fill the neck slot.

Seeing as you obviously havn't see any close ups of the original.
                    Here's a couple of shots of the original. Seems the original had gap issues too.

Maybe you should send Ed a message via Myspace and tell him how to rectify the issue.

Then, when your'e done you can use the remainder left to caulk around the base of your toilet and prevent more of those bugs from CRAWLING up your ASS!
                    Is that your stab at humour? Weak, Bitch, nice try!

He admits the selector switch doesn't work - so why would anyone be jealous?
                    You're simply jealous of anyone that actually owns a guitar!

If DJ read an interview with EVH saying neither pickup is hooked up, he'd tend to believe that also and leave both pickups disconnected.
                    YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY WERE'NT HOOKED UP???
                    Bwahahahahahha, how Savicki of you.
                    Guess Wikipedia didn't have any specs. on the status of the switch...
                    You def. are the Queen of self ownage! FYI, the wires are purely cosmetic!
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

This Franky project is an extension of the dumpster, it will conduct only the homeless with its' improper intonation buzzing frets and lumpy backshaped neck.
                      Your ass is a cumdumpster for the homeless.

I don't see any Birdseye..
                      Hmm, looks like birdseye to me...

Jeez ,you're runnig out of shit to nitpick about, Clay..
                      Last edited by Diamondjimi; 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Let's recap:

GAyR, his pea brain thinking he's found a flaw to seize upon, incorrectly points out what is in actuality a correct visual on a Frankie replica, simultaneously showing he knows jack shit about replicas, and he also knows nada about the details of EVH's guitars = owns himself yet again.

Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Let's recap:
                          Let's have him explain which EVH pic he's referring cuz there's two different ones here, post Diver Down which was when the "original" franky was retired and sold to mick mars.

The original neck fit perfect as it was an Ibanez "CBS" headstock, of which I have out from storage.

That I will do for you, take a shot of how tight the fit originally was. Not many people have one of these necks but its basically a Fender dimension.. except without the fucking up of the shape and oversanding on the edges like CBS era fenders

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by GARbage
                            Let's have him explain which EVH pic he's referring cuz there's two different ones here, post Diver Down which was when the "original" franky was retired and sold to mick mars.
                            Ahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

The original neck fit perfect as it was an Ibanez "CBS" headstock, of which I have out from storage.
                            Now GARbage claims to have the "original" neck! Psst... ayy stupid, the original neck was broken on tour...

That I will do for you, take a shot of how tight the fit originally was.
                            How fucking petty and feable... Give it up Bitch!

Thanks Douchebag for another wonderful post of self ownage!

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GAR
                              Wow, only you can tell the difference between the same guitar in both those pics. The Mick Mars thing, talk out of you ass much? Busted in another lie, Clay.

Originally posted by GAR
                              That's weird because Wayne Charvel says this

So he got the guitar body on the cover of the first record from you, right?

Uh-huh.

What kind of body was it?

It was one that we made

Did he get the neck from you also?

Yeah. We had a Danelectro guitar in there with a flat fingerboard. Great little guitars, great necks. No truss rod in ‘em, stayed in tune, the necks never warped. Never seen a bad Danelectro. Short-scale. Well, he was playing that, I think that belonged to Karl Sandoval (master guitar builder of the day); I can’t remember. It was either mine or his, and Eddie was playing it. He goes, “Whoa, this is great!” Because you can get the action low enough on a flat fingerboard and bend a string without it choking up. So he says, “Man, I’ve got to have one of these necks. Can you put one on the Strat body? I said, “Well, the scale is shorter. We’ll have to pull in where the hole is or not route it, and put the bridge up closer.” So we did a guitar like that, too. He was knocked out by that.

Wasn’t that first body and neck seconds that Linn Ellsworth (another manufacturer I had interviewed for the aborted book) had sold to you?

At that time, we were getting some necks and some bodies from Linn, but we got our routers and we were making bodies. To the best of my recollection, the neck was probably an Ellsworth neck and the body was ours, as far as I know. That first white one, I’m pretty sure was our body.

What kind of wood did you use?

It was either alder or ash. I think it was ash because we were doin’ a lot of ash bodies then. I would be probably certain in saying that it was ash. You could probably double-check with him if you wanted to (which I did, as I mentioned earlier). When you’re writin’ a book, you want to try to get it as authentic as possible.
                              Lies, Lies and more lies, Clay!
                              Last edited by kwame k; 09-03-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

GARbage... pwn3d again...

Well done Kwame!

Comment

Working...