• Show
Clear All
  • jero
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Classic Rock magazine feat. Ed

From Classic Rock Magazine:

The New Issue Of Classic Rock Goes On Sale Today

…And it comes with four massively collectible covers!

The September edition of Classic Rock is now on sale. It’s a special collector’s edition featuring the 100 Greatest Guitarists Of All Time, as chosen by the 100 greatest living guitarists.

Inside the issue you’ll discover more six-string tributes than you can shake a tremolo arm at, including:

Slash on Mick Taylor, David Gilmour on Jeff Beck, Steve Vai on Brian May, Eddie Van Halen on Eric Clapton, Kirk Hammett on Uli Jon Roth, Joe Perry on Angus Young, Billy Gibbons on BB King, Ace Frehley on Pete Townshend, Mike McCready on Michael Schenker – and many, many, many more!

The new issue of Classic Rock comes in a special cardboard wallet. Inside the wallet you’ll find one of four immensely collectible covers: Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards or Frank Zappa!

Classic Rock » Blog Archive » The New Issue Of Classic Rock Goes On Sale Today
  • Fuct Jup
    Head Fluffer
    • Nov 2006

Cool covers, but Keith Richards? Greatist guitarists of all time? Many others come to mind that should have the spot over Keith as being a cover.
    Anything left in that bottle?

Comment

• yah
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Fuct Jup
      Cool covers, but Keith Richards? Greatist guitarists of all time? Many others come to mind that should have the spot over Keith as being a cover.
      Of course, Keef is one of the greatest!
      You'd have to be a rythym guy to truly understand it- he pulled off so many cool riffs over the years, not too mention cool tunings.
      Not to mention some tasty leads and a lot of other "bits".
      Listen to his greatest creative period from say 1968 to 1982--there's a lot of vicious playing there in the studio as well as live.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

Jimmy Page

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I don't have a problem with anyone on the cover, but i don't see Iommi on the cover (some of the pictures are small though); i would certainly think he would deserve front cover billing. Eddie certainly deserves to be there.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

It's quite an interesting take on these incessant 'greatest' lists. The players are not linked 1-100. Rather, they asked a series of guitarist who they were most influenced by - that way you get several hundred words from each player on someone they admire.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...