Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Oasis is finished!

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis after Paris 'altercation'

08/28/2009 NME.com

Courtesy of NME.com - Guitarist walks after gig cancellation

Noel Gallagher quit Oasis tonight (August 28).

Following the Manchester band's cancelled show at the Paris Rock en Seine festival this evening, he posted the following statement on Oasisinet.com.

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight," he wrote. "People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with [singer, his brother] Liam a day longer."

The band pulled out of the Paris show just before they were due on stage, with organizers allegedly displaying a message explaining an "altercation" had caused the cancellation.

Link
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

In order for Americans to be surprised that Oasis had broken up, wouldn't we first have to be aware that they were still together in the first place?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• yah
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2006

Looks like a solo record is due for Noel; I'm interested enough to listen to at least one or two songs when they come out.
      Wonder if it will still sound like the Beatles??

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I only ever really heard one of their albums (the one with "Wonderwall" on it) it was alright for mid 90's BritPop. Obviously Beatle influenced. When Liam didn't even bother to show up for their MTV unplugged episode back then, and Noel did fine without him, I figured their days as a band were extremely short back then, and indeed I am surprised to hear they were still around.

Bands with brothers in them seem to fall into one of two camps.... they either hate each other (The Kinks & Oasis) or hate everyone else in the band (Eddie & Alex)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• yah
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2006

I think Noel's future songs will be good without Liam, though Liam has a good trashy rock voice for a lot of Oasis songs they released in the past.
          Rock and Roll Star and Do You Know What I Mean come to mind.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I haven't listened to them as much lately, but I consider myself a fan of Oasis and loved them in the 90s. But yeah, they went from being on the cusp of super-stardom to being another big name band that couldn't quite turn it up to 11 to get them over the cliff...

It's too bad though; their guitar driven songs are just great rock and roll whatever you want to call it stylistically. But they've effectively have been on and off again for a decade, so this isn't really big news. Still kind of sad though, I was hoping they'd sort of mount a comeback and show some of these Emo-pansies how it's done...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Good for him! Fuckin Liam always has to have subtitles on the screen during interviews, even though he's speaking english. Or he might be speaking pikey for all we know.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Defined all that 90's supercilious-labeled "Britpop" (e.g. Suede, Blur, Pulp) with the most American commercial success that went to their heads and never left; bloated, over-paid, over-rated with lack of ideas. This isn't news. Oasis broke up back in 2001 and have been recording corporate contract albums ever since. Chances are their label dropped them after 15 years with a less than handful of singles. Noel is not John Lennon, Paul Weller or even Damon Albarn no matter how much he parades himself off to be so if he barks off on a solo career it'll be just that - him without his drunken, mic-hugging, monotonous-singing brother. In other words, Oasis recording without the Oasis name.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

They sucked all along.

Isn't this the 50th time they've broken up just before a gig?

They break up more than the WHO have farewell tours.....
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Oasis?

Never heard of them.

I hear The Mighty Bosstones are planning a comeback?

Last edited by hideyoursheep; 08-30-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Kristy:...... Defined all that 90's supercilious-labeled "Britpop" (e.g. Suede, Blur, Pulp) with the most American commercial success that went to their heads and never left; bloated, over-paid, over-rated with lack of ideas. This isn't news. Oasis broke up back in 2001 and have been recording corporate contract albums ever since. Chances are their label dropped them after 15 years with a less than handful of singles. Noel is not John Lennon, Paul Weller or even Damon Albarn no matter how much he parades himself off to be so if he barks off on a solo career it'll be just that - him without his drunken, mic-hugging, monotonous-singing brother. In other words, Oasis recording without the Oasis name.
                      I wish I could write like that.

All coherent and thinkie..like, words that string together and have meaning, easily understood by the reader.
                      \
                      The lameness is apparent to even the douchiest twit, ( evidently not),

who labeled themselves with the, I get it you don't Oasis drooling slack.

Outstanding post.

Comment

• ppg960
                        Sniper
                        • Dec 2005

No loss really.
                        When was the last time they produced anything worth a spin??

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

About Fucking Time.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                            About Fucking Time.
                            No shit!
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Self admitted Beatles rippoffs who flogged too many dead horses.
                              Really nice blokes too, how many fans did that fucker punch in
                              the face for asking for an autograph ? A day for celebration I reckon !

Time for another Beatles Clone, Brits !
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...