Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

VAN HALEN's Upcoming Tour To Feature More ROTH-Era Material

VAN HALEN's upcoming tour will find vocalist Sammy Hagar singing many more songs from the band's David Lee Roth era than he did during his first stint in the band. "I'm really digging 'Jump' right now," Sammy told Billboard.com. "In the old days I never got off on singing that song. I would pull a guy out of the audience to sing it. Now, I want to sing this song better than it has ever been sung. I'm tearing it up!" He also insisted "there's a couple of surprises in [the set], one in particular that is completely oddball."

VAN HALEN will issue their first new material since 1998's "Van Halen III" on the upcoming "Best of Both Worlds" retrospective, due July 20 via Warner Bros. Hagar told Billboard.com that "there were 10 other songs we could have worked on. If there'd been time, we'd love to have done a whole record."

"[Alex and guitarist Eddie Van Halen had been] jamming in the studio for years putting ideas down," he continued. "I'd say, 'that song's great, let's work on that.' But then they'd say, 'listen to this.' It was never-ending. There's so much material that needs to be finished for sure. It became a heavy workload on me as soon as we started getting into it. We had to kind of pick and choose. I took about two hours of stuff home with me and used to work out to it every day. That's really how it got defined."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Bring back Dave TV
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-23-2004 @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm glad. As a fan Van Halen (much more of a Roth fan though) I am glad they will be playing more Roth era tunes, even though Sammy cannot sing them half as good as the Diamond One. Hey, I'm only 20, I couldn't see the band back in the day so I have to resort to this tour. Fell sorry for me Roth Army citiziens.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    01-23-2006 @ 09:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by VHClint
    I'm glad. As a fan Van Halen (much more of a Roth fan though) I am glad they will be playing more Roth era tunes, even though Sammy cannot sing them half as good as the Diamond One. Hey, I'm only 20, I couldn't see the band back in the day so I have to resort to this tour. Fell sorry for me Roth Army citiziens.
    Me too I'm only going for Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Michael Anthony. If Gary was still with them I'd still go see Van Halen. I will sport my DLR shirt proudly to the Van Halen concert.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-13-2012 @ 12:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Is Sam Hagar the biggest joke in the music buisness or what? After all it is all about bu$ine$$ with Hagar now. Take for example his latest bullshit; ""I used to be a little sensitive to the old material, but I'm not now. We have a whole different outlook on everything."
    Really Sam? You are 100% INCORRECT! YOU have a whole different outlook on everything because you are the biggest kiss ass in rock and roll! This loser never wanted to sing classic Van Halen and to insult the classic material even more, they intend to play other classic's that Dave made Van Halen what it is today! Can you imagine Hagar singing Everybody Wants Some or even Romeo Delight? I hope someone throws a bottle at his head if he attempts to butcher these songs! I would rather hear Gary Cherone sing the classics at this point!

And how about Hagar saying " "I'm really digging 'Jump' right now," "Now, I want to sing this song better than it has ever been sung. I'm tearing it up!"

Are you fucking kidding me? Hagar singing any classic songs is a slap to the once Mighty Van Halen!

If there is any consolation to this travesty, knowing Dave would never have to sing a Hagar tune is justice enough if the real reunion had happened!

This Van Hagar reunion gets worse by the second!
    Last edited by VH LINKS SUCKS; 05-28-2004 at 03:37 AM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2013 @ 10:25 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen is being kind to DLR. They dont have to call this album "The Best of Both Worlds" or pay tribute to Dave by singing his songs.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-10-2009 @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

they are not paying tribute to Dave their getting paid off of him. Go imagine this best of cd and tour with no Dave era songs ... please... or have the balls to put out the cds separately. Dave era vs. Sammy which sells more? easy answer and you know it...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Van Hagar has nothing new to offer (as their new abortion of a song proves) so they have to cash in on the songs people actually want to hear.

And that ain't the cheese ballads.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-31-2015 @ 07:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Gentlemen, you are wasting your hard earned money, to see this tour. You would be better off spending your money on bootleg footage from 79 to 84. At least you would be seeing the real deal.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

spermmy is really grasping now!

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    09-07-2006 @ 04:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Nightly Van Spammy Male Fans Ritual – Also creams pants at thought of attending the Bigggg Showwwwww

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Call me crazy but I just wish that Dave would get on that surfboard from the "Just like Paradise" and knock Spammy's head with it upon arrival.

Thread Information