• Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Irving Azoff: Van Halen To Tour In 2010

Van Halen Tour?

Posted on Wednesday September 9, 2009 at 12: 01 PM 1 |

Van Halen will hit the road in 2010, Ticketmaster Entertainment CEO Irving Azoff announced during the 2009 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference Sept. 9.

This was not expected to be the time when the next VH tour would be announced, but some lines got crossed and the information was brought during the Q&A.

Azoff also announced TM plans to unveil interactive seat maps in the fourth quarter followed by dynamic ticket pricing in 2010 and praised the company’s initial moves into paperless ticketing.

Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino, who joined Azoff for their first ever co-presentation at the conference, echoed the need for more dynamic pricing in ticketing and called LN’s no service fee Wednesdays offering this summer a success, garnering 80 to 90 percent approval ratings in exit surveys with fans.

The principals remained fairly mum about the pending merger deal, however both expressed hope they’ll see closure by the end of the year.

--Dana Parker-McClain

Source: Van Halen Tour? | Pollstar - The Concert Hotwire

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Bastard, you beat me to it.... Got the Google Alerts too, eh ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Bastard, you beat me to it.... Got the Google Alerts too, eh ??
      Great, ain't they?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Well fuck yes!

That means an album then.....right?

Please God let it mean an album.......

3 straight cash grab tours from SpEd would mean no ticket money from my pocket.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Probably won't be until the end of next year, fourth quarter.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• vaijuju
            Sniper
            • Jan 2008

Perhaps they will begin the new tour by Europe.
            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Still plenty of time to write and get a new singer to lay down vocal tracks. However, given how quiet Roth has been and continues to be, you've got to think at this point that he is still going to be the man. If he isn't there is no chance of me buying any new music or going to see any shows, thus my life continues to hang in the damn balance.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                Still plenty of time to write and get a new singer to lay down vocal tracks. However, given how quiet Roth has been and continues to be, you've got to think at this point that he is still going to be the man. If he isn't there is no chance of me buying any new music or going to see any shows, thus my life continues to hang in the damn balance.

WHAT???? With all due respect, Sonrisa....you've been around long enough to figure out the obvious:

ROTH = TOUR

New Singer = NADA

The real question is.... will there be new music in order to promote a new tour? Dave will record after Eddie nails down his post-surgery healing. Without new material, fans won't dish out the $$$ we paid for their comeback tour. So.... let's see a new CD with NEW material = Excitement. ALSO...let's hope Azoff is realistic about ticket prices....
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

YES!! This made my day better.... goddamn right I'll be seeing the mighty VH in 2010!
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

i hope they are working on a new album...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Fuck yeah! Still think Azoff is a prick but who cares at this point........I'm agreeing with the consensus.......No new tunes, No Roth, No way!
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

KI$$ proves fans will still pay to see a band with nothing new to offer. They could tour yet again with no new product. It wouldn't surprise me. I'm getting to the point that nothing surprises me.
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                          KI$$ proves fans will still pay to see a band with nothing new to offer. They could tour yet again with no new product. It wouldn't surprise me. I'm getting to the point that nothing surprises me.
                          To tell you the truth man, I believe that KISS draws people in for two reasons:

1. Older folks that saw the band in it's early years are now going again, and taking their kids.

2. Stuff blows up. It's like going to see a Bruce Willis movie, only it's a little louder and rather than taking you to the cleaners on popcorn, Raisinets and depth-charge sized fountain drinks, they bend you over and make you grab your ankles with merchandise booths.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Oh Jesus H. Christ, can we please not turn this into another KISS thread....

Please ???
                            Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 09-09-2009, 08:19 PM.
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
                              Perhaps they will begin the new tour by Europe.
                              Or World Tour.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...