Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

And I'm saying it doesn't matter how old you are - sometimes gay is gay.

Guitar Hero = an air guitarist who started taking his stupid shit too seriously.

I bet the next thing we see is Guitar Hero competitions to see who the better "guitarist" is. Douchebaggery supreme.

But I will take that cluepon and hold on to it...you never know when I might need it.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
      I bet the next thing we see is Guitar Hero competitions to see who the better "guitarist" is. Douchebaggery supreme.
      That isn't too far fetched, when you consider those conventions staged throughout the year where people get together to play the Madden NFL game. Guitar Hero would be the next logical step. A bunch of dorky non-guitarists playing what is more or less the updated version of the old SIMON game, to the cheers of other dorks. Painfully idiotic to witness, yes, but it does seem to make sense.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

there are some bars around here that have Guitar Hero tourneys. it's a popular mid-week promo.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by twonabomber
          there are some bars around here that have Guitar Hero tourneys. it's a popular mid-week promo.
          And I bet they also have tournaments for that dancing video game where two fags stand on the platform and step on the lighted squares.

Because isn't that really the same thing?

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

lol yeah they have the tournaments, and that IS gay... some of the clubs around here have rock band kits setup for people to play. Kinda like karaoke night ... for all the parts.

GH/RB is a fun diversion, and good for house parties, but lol @ the people that invest enough into it to be competitive.

Though this is hilarious.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUdXhhDDnaY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pUdXhhDDnaY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              I've been playing guitar since I was 14, and I found GH was pretty easy to pick up.

I wasn't great right out of the gate, but it didn't take long to get proficient.
              That's the thing. Trying to remember it's NOT a guitar. I can't do it. Then again, I haven't tried much.

I have to say also, there's something disturbing about watching Stingo play "Overkill" and Ozzy singing "La Bamba"

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

So did it bother you when your son came out of the closet?
                Why don't YOU tell him that personally?

But it was true even when we were younger. There were the kids who played "dungeons and dragons," the kids on the chess team..

I think what I'm saying is - I'm a timeless douchebag.
                Then there were kids who played sports, guitar, rode dirt bikes, listened to Van Halen and smoked weed with those kids.

Pac Man= gay.

Guitar Hero= game.

That'll be 2 cluepons.

Timeless douchebag.
                Last edited by hideyoursheep; 09-14-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Master Yoda
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Aug 2009

Heard rumors I have of an alternative universe where the emperor was introduced to guitar hero and went on to paint the universe pink with a specially built rainbow star. Alderan was gayvastated.
                  No choice but to wear brown corduoroy trousers everywhere, NickD has. Hmmphh.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Master Yoda
                    Heard rumors I have of an alternative universe where the emperor was introduced to guitar hero and went on to paint the universe pink with a specially built rainbow star. Alderan was gayvastated.
                    Star Wars fag says what?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugk37TvIR8E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugk37TvIR8E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

STFU, GAyR.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Pac Man = Game

GH = Gay

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

And I'm saying it doesn't matter how old you are - sometimes gay is gay.

Guitar Hero = an air guitarist who started taking his stupid shit too seriously.

But I will take that cluepon and hold on to it...you never know when I might need it.
                        I see your point of view, but here's what I would ask you...

You don't believe that ANY of your interests or hobbies might be construed by some people as "gay" ?? Not in a homosexual way, you know what I mean...
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

What about Miss Pacman?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I see your point of view, but here's what I would ask you...

You don't believe that ANY of your interests or hobbies might be construed by some people as "gay" ?? Not in a homosexual way, you know what I mean...
                            So my only real hobbies are playing guitar and working on cars, I guess... sometimes I do a little metalworking and I take a lot of vacations, but I don't really consider those hobbies.

I'm also an aficionado of zombie movies...is that gay?

Your turn - what do you do that's gay? We should start a thread and ask people what their gay hobbies are.

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So my only real hobbies are playing guitar and working on cars, I guess... sometimes I do a little metalworking and I take a lot of vacations, but I don't really consider those hobbies.
                              What kind of cars?

Only if the zombies in it are gay....
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Your turn - what do you do that's gay? We should start a thread and ask people what their gay hobbies are.
                                Zombie movies are totally gay dude....

Me ?? I dunno, posting on a Van Halen message board nearly daily for 10 years is definitely borderline....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...