X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Yeah, that's what I meant... could still dump them for enough to nearly replace them all...and again, I hear the Scumbacks are better than the Chinese Greenback reissues...
    That Scumback guy is in Torrance and has even called me on all the junk I got rid of... he's a Celestion collector/seller.

He's got a separate site where he lists vintage odd cones like 50's and 65's for $200 - 600. I don't know if he gets that for 'em but he's said he's got a shop you could go down and bring your head to blast thru any of his sets.

If you were interested in the Scumbacks. Personally I find the name a distraction, like he's not serious about what he does.

If he relaunched his branding as something more regal like "Stellar" or "Nicetone" instead of providing the notion you're paying 100 bucks for "scum" he might get somewhere. But he knows his Celestions since he's posted a vast degree of photos and information on the topic, I trust the scumbacks should probably sound like he says if you go check em with your Boogie.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Yeah, I'd do the cabs one at a time anyway, since I'm gonna have some rehearsal time comin' up...need at least one functional at any given time, y'know...

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Meh, what's in a name if they sound cool..

Originally posted by GAR
        He's got a separate site where he lists vintage odd cones like 50's and 65's for $200 - 600. I don't know if he gets that for 'em but he's said he's got a shop you could go down and bring your head to blast thru any of his sets.
        That'd be worth a shot...
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

It takes a two weeks to a month to get $175 - $225 for a Carvin like that, but only 20 mins to pick up a Marshall or Recto or Stilleto cabinet replacement locally.

I wouldn't worry a second about listing it, list early and schedule the caller who wants to see it based on your priority not his.

I've had dudes call when I'm heading out the door, and turned them down for the next day when I really needed the money now yet had 50-50 fallout scheduling a convenient time.

Thats why I say listing early doesn't mean you have to cut it loose right away but it does mean the guy who buys it will be seeing it for the next week, taunting him to bring you cash.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Wouldn't a Recto or Stiletto (and possibly a run of the mill Marshall) have Vintage 30s in it, and not greenback reissues? :confused:

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Depends. If I was you, with the Boogie, I'd probably want two Stilleto slants and they're not easy to find used.

I dunno what kind of car you have for rehearsal, I would keep a blanket in the 4dr BMW use a motorcycle strap to load one on the roof, then pull the seat out and chuck the rest of the gear in the back seat.

A Stiletto is of standard Marshall dimensions, the Recto's the tall one that you can only fit sideways in some 4dr cars. I had a 2 dr 325 and I couldn't fit a Recto in the backseat without a fight so I'd throw the blanket on the roof and strap the cabinet thru the handles on top of it.

Stiletto's the way to go for you I think, but they rarely come up for sale used. Never owned one, but I could fit a Marshall slant in the backseat of a 2dr.. mobility in Los Angeles is the issue. Get out, get back, never leave the gear where your drummer can think "aha now I got a geetar amp to tinker with anytime I want to" fuck that.

I never leave nothing noplace, at no rehearsal or lockout joints.
              Last edited by GAR; 09-26-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

OH whatever speaker ever comes with any cabinet I ever bought, I consider that after the fact.

When I select a cab, I'm looking for condition like a shell.

If I don't like the speakers in it they're easily changed.. not all greenbacks sound perfect nor the same, and if used Mesa Stiletto cabs are only had on the used market with Vintage 30's then that's what you have to have to get the shell.

Greenback reissues: I wouldn't buy them new without finding out if they were made in the UK or China, when you could easily buy a Marshall cab with greens and switch em for V30's.

Most young guys now they read about shit, then buy it and the most popular request is for V30s. So if you buy two cabs, then do the old switcheroo, you won't find one buyer complaining to find a used Marshall listed with Vintage 30's you swapped for greenbacks.

You'd be looking for: older pre-1981 straights or slants, with the check-grille cloth, or the newer reissues up to the 2000's which are stock 25 cabs such as Marshall 1960AV or 1960BV.

The V'models have either 25's or V30s

Comment

Working...