Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

At the risk of sounding like I agree with GAyR about the cab , you should perhaps consider buying something like an empty Mojo 4x12 cab to stick those puppies in...

Mojo Cabinets » Marshall Style 4x12 Straight Cabinet

Think they offer white tolex for a small upcharge, too...

Last edited by jhale667; 09-16-2009, 05:49 PM.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
      These are common 444 cones, but they are vintage.

They are more desirable than fuckin' $200 shit chinese cones... btw

Supposedly the Scumback reissues are waaaaaay closer than the Chinese reissue Celestions...may eventually yank the 75s out of one of my cabs for these...

Scumback M Series Speakers

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        But you'll fuck that up like everything else you do in life.

So I have a suggestion: rather than blow an amp you don't have yet, work something out with Jay to pay for shipping. He can actually use them. Your life is in the toilet, and he's trying to make an effort to get climb out and I think these will help him.
        Holy shit, how pathetic does Diamondjimi have to be in order for GAR to feel superior to him?

My condolences, D.

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Not sure how I missed this...

Originally posted by GAR

So I have a suggestion: rather than blow an amp you don't have yet, work something out with Jay to pay for shipping. He can actually use them. Your life is in the toilet, and he's trying to make an effort to get climb out and I think these will help him.
          Dude, WTF...

...(Not like I wouldn't like a set of real greenbacks, mind you - but) that was lame even for you.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
            I am freaking out for you, but this is no Fender.
            Never said it was...

Originally posted by GAR
            Maybe the wood screws came loose and the guy who built this figured out they needed more weight control - like your mom's been probbly telling you yourself.
            Humour? Nice try, Nutlump..

But don't be tempted to part the cab out till you score a replacement to load 'em in. Enjoy them as-is.

Originally posted by GAR
            Look in the mirror shitstain, you just summed up your life...

Originally posted by GAR
            Hahaaa, fuck you're pathetic. My cell phone bill is more than you make in a month. I'll have no problem finding a proper hom for these fuckers, Fucker!

You can put your cock away, I'm not telling you the serial #s...
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR

Man, get a life... Or a clue, at least.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

So how do they sound?
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                  So how do they sound?
                  I sold a set of 75 watters for $250, out of a Marshall slant with a torn grille I bought for $165 = free cab shell, plus I'm up $85.

So guy comes over for my offer to try before you buy.. he's got vintage 30's and wants my speakers because he thinks they're all blown.. but from my personal experience, only singles or pairs blow.

We take his back off, and one connector has fallen from one terminal so his indicator of a "blown speaker" was the severe drop in volume.. and since I'm the one opening the back facing the guy I quickly slide the wire back on - and then tilting the cab face down we look it over together and I scratch my head "yeah geesh, sorry to see such nice speakers blow but I guess it happens doesn't it?" he shakes his head yeah.. and I start the swapping process.

So I load them, we make a deal, and then I offer him $25 bucks back for the "blown pair" which, using the $4 DVmeter I got from Harbor Freight Tools tested not shorted coils while he wasn't looking, and offered him $100 for all of them.

He decides he'd like to keep the pair that worked, and that was that.. afterwards I loaded the "blown pair" and they roared to life just fine.

Moral of the story: don't use the fuckin' slide-on spade connectors for speaker terminals! Or: spend twenty bucks for speaker tools (meter, soldering iron, diag wire cutter, solder, 9v battery). Or - just because you think something or someone told you something doesn't mean it's so.

NOW, getting more to the point: this set may just work even if there are problems. It is an ugly homemade cabinet, the worst you can do is pitch it in the trash.

But what I'd do is - buy a Marshall straight cab, sell the speakers out of it, load the 25's, and then sell the empty for $20 - $50 bucks.

If you keep the cab, cut the wire out. All of it. Go to Home Depot for fresh appliance or speaker wire 16 gauge stranded (I like the clear jacket because it looks like Monster Cable and also one side is tinned for easy polarity ID'ing.) and rewire for series-parallel 16ohm connection.

BTW when I say I'm still waiting for you to post the date code, I'm not talking about your usual colored-bandana method I'm talking about the speaker so hot to it Hop Singh..
                  Last edited by GAR; 09-16-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Way to be dishonest with the deal btw...

Watching your P.O. Box for the impending Karma-bomb coming from that, no doubt...

Originally posted by GAR
                    BTW when I say I'm still waiting for you to post

It's pretty fucking hilarious. I say he posts the codes when you post a picture of an instrument you actually own...hypocrite.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by GARbage
                      I sold a set of 75 watters for $250, out of a Marshall slant with a torn grille I bought for $165 = free cab shell, plus I'm up $85.

So guy comes over for my offer to try before you buy.. he's got vintage 30's and wants my speakers because he thinks they're all blown.. but from my personal experience, only singles or pairs blow.

We take his back off, and one connector has fallen from one terminal so his indicator of a "blown speaker" was the severe drop in volume.. and since I'm the one opening the back facing the guy I quickly slide the wire back on - and then tilting the cab face down we look it over together and I scratch my head "yeah geesh, sorry to see such nice speakers blow but I guess it happens doesn't it?" he shakes his head yeah.. and I start the swapping process.

So I load them, we make a deal, and then I offer him $25 bucks back for the "blown pair" which, using the $4 DVmeter I got from Harbor Freight Tools tested not shorted coils while he wasn't looking, and offered him $100 for all of them.

He decides he'd like to keep the pair that worked, and that was that.. afterwards I loaded the "blown pair" and they roared to life just fine.

Moral of the story: don't use the fuckin' slide-on spade connectors for speaker terminals! Or: spend twenty bucks for speaker tools (meter, soldering iron, diag wire cutter, solder, 9v battery). Or - just because you think something or someone told you something doesn't mean it's so.
                      So.... you caught the problem the guy was having, decieved him by lying, offered him a pittance and fucked him out of a decent working cabinet...
                      What a cunt you are...

But what I'd do is ...blah, blah ,blah...
                      WHERE IN ANY FUCKING REPLY HAVE I ASKED FOR YOUR DUMBASSED OPINION OR WHAT YOU'D DO???
                      HUH?

BTW when I say I'm still waiting for you to post the date code, I'm not talking about your usual colored-bandana method I'm talking about the speaker so hot to it Hop Singh..
                      Don't hole your breath, Shitstain. I already told you yer not gettin the serial #'s.
                      PAY ATTENTION ASSHOLE!
                      Last edited by Diamondjimi; 09-17-2009, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        So how do they sound?
                        Popped by the studio tonight to give 'em a whirl.
                        THEY FUCKING ROOOOAAAAR!

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          I say he posts the codes when you post a picture of an instrument you actually own...hypocrite.
                          In that case, the minor detail of reading the date codes is insignificant. I'm usually pretty good about identifying celestions and I'd say these were 1976 -79 using the usual cues.

You tell me DJ how close am I, and did I really need the date codes for that... and did I need google or do I know that shit or what

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                            Popped by the studio tonight to give 'em a whirl.
                            THEY FUCKING ROOOOAAAAR!
                            roar.. as-is/as found @ 4 ohms?

Amazing curbfind.. wasn't there a guy here from Ohio that found a curbcab with 2 good 75's in it or something, I'd say this tops that one pretty severely.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Holy shit, how pathetic does Diamondjimi have to be in order for GAR to feel superior to him?

My condolences, D.

In GAR's imaginary world he owns his very own computer, has many friends, his Roth Army mod keys, a job, a woman, and a storage space absolutely loaded to the rafters with primo gear...

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR

From my experience, you blow....no wait, you suck AND blow.
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...