Thread: Velvet Revolver

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Velvet Revolver

can someone post a link to 'Slither' by Velvet Revolver...

that song kicks my ass and I cant find an mp3 of it anywhere on the net.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Man, I dont like the chorus. Slash is bad ass on it. Cant wait to hear the rest of this album. It will kick some serious ass.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    VAN HAGAR needs to take a page from their playbook, they are putting out some ass kicking music. Slash has a great guitar tone, unlike the shit sound Eddie has on It's About Time.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have no idea how much I've been anticipating them. I'm a Guns N' Roses fanatic, and Slash is w/out a doubt one of my 4 favorite guitarists(The others being Page, Perry, and of course Eddy). They really are a superband; more importantly, though, they go back to the old standards for their songs, i.e. actually having guitar solos. Hopefully they make BIG waves in the rock world so we can kiss some of these fags in control now goodbye.

Snoo
    I'm a GNR fanatic, so I have a question: Why is Slash in your top four of guitarists, but not Izzy? Whenever Slash didn't have Izzy to challenge him, like the Snakepit albums, it was painfully obvious.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well I'd be lying if I said style didn't have anything to do w/ it. Shit, Slash is just...Slash, basically. I don't even need to cover the other reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I have tremendous respect for Izzy. His songwriting was really the glue that held GNR together. Bar none, he was the brains of the band. They turned to shit after he left. Chinese Democracy, anyone?:p

As far as playing goes, I think Izzy's real strength was in his ability to mesh together w/ Slash so well. When the two play off of each other, you can't help but sit back and think "Yeah, that's the way it should sound." I've always been a big fan of Slash's solos though-They have a really raw, bluesy edge. Now I'll admit I haven't actually heard any of Izzy's solo material, so I'm not really well versed in the area.

What I wouldn't do to get him on rhythm guitar in Velvet Revolver...

P.S: Snakepit still kicked ass. Gilby rocks.
    Last edited by ZOSO; 05-30-2004 at 12:23 AM.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a question for ZOSO...if 'EDDY' is one of your fav. guitarists, why didnt you spell his name right?

Its "Eddie"

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love it but, I think it could've been better.

Lou
    Originally posted by Daves PA rental
    I have a question for ZOSO...if 'EDDY' is one of your fav. guitarists, why didnt you spell his name right?

Its "Eddie"
    Hey I'm just glad someone born in 1987 or 1988 understands what real rock and roll is! There's hope yet!

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Hey I'm just glad someone born in 1987 or 1988 understands what real rock and roll is! There's hope yet!
    Thanks for the due respect. You try and spell some drunk's name right when it's late and you've been skimming for 7 hours. Christ.

Snoo
    I have one of Izzy's albums, but more for the fact that it was $2 and I can say I have it than to listen to, it's...well, not GNRish. The Snakepit stuff was okay, it's just that Slash is capable of better. Izzy was briefly in Velvet Revolver, but did his usual oddball "There recording and full of ideas one day, off the face of the Earth the next month" thing, and he decided he didn't want to be a part of it. I like the new stuff, even though Axl's obviously a damn nut and may never release it under his own will. It looks like the record company will soon sue him and possibly force its release.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Snoo
    I have one of Izzy's albums, but more for the fact that it was $2 and I can say I have it than to listen to, it's...well, not GNRish. The Snakepit stuff was okay, it's just that Slash is capable of better. Izzy was briefly in Velvet Revolver, but did his usual oddball "There recording and full of ideas one day, off the face of the Earth the next month" thing, and he decided he didn't want to be a part of it. I like the new stuff, even though Axl's obviously a damn nut and may never release it under his own will. It looks like the record company will soon sue him and possibly force its release.
    I'd love to see just how much of this shit he actually finished. Bucket's gone, so if by any chance they were in the process of recording this thing(yeah right) it just got slapped. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl just grabbed an axe and decided to do it himself. He's out of his mind as it is, not to mention conceited.

Snoo
    Axl and Bucket are both fucking nuts. It wouldn't surprise me if when they actually go on the next tour, if ever, Axl plays it up that they have a new secret guitarist that nobody's ever heard of. They take the stage, the new guitarist taps for 30 minutes straight under a sheet, then he's de-sheeted to reveal...Brian Carroll. Axl has been learning guitar for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if he really were trying to take over as third guitarist. It could explain why they've been on ice for so long...he keeps getting to parts in the old songs where he'd run full-speed across the stage, then falls over because the guitar is impeding his progress.

Last Gasp
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dig the blend of Slash rock and grunge ... hope the rest of the album carries enough weight for a second album ...

Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 05-31-2004 at 02:22 AM.
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZOSO
    Thanks for the due respect. You try and spell some drunk's name right when it's late and you've been skimming for 7 hours. Christ.

Banned
    I'm a bum in the sun.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw them last night & they fucking sucked. Scott weiland will be dead soon & Slash was so ripped he couldn't play for shit. I've solo'd better farting on the can.

Thread Information