Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Favre and the Vikings looked very good this week and Jared Allen is unreal. Looks like the Vikes will move on to 5-0 after they beat the Rams this week. The real test will come over the course of the next few weeks when the Ravens come into Minnesota and then the Vikings head into Pittsburgh and then Green Bay. Three tough games in a row. Let's see where they stand then.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

man, we need a healthy o-line. holdin' peterson down to 60yds was an excellent job by the defense. winnin' both games woulda been tough, and i would much rather split the series with a win at lambeau, than the other way around.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Pennypacker
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2009

FUCK i've been away from the army for too long. Anyways lets compare Favre's start to last year when the same optimism and Lombardi dreams were again rampant around Week 5:

2009 Vikings 4GP 8TD 1INT 837YDS 65%Completion
        2008 Jets 4GP 12TD 4INT 935YDS 70.2%Completion

After the Jets Week 5 bye:

12GP 10TD 18INT 2496YDS 63%Competion
        * SEVEN multi-interception games
        * Only THREE multi-touchdown passing games
        * NINE games with a QB rating UNDER 73.9

I understand, this Viking team is a way different/better team than the Jets of 08, and there are many other factors then just Favre that led the 8-3 Jets to finish 9-7. Even after a promising start in new colours, the numbers of recent don't lie, and the old man is sure to break down as the weeks go by.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Yo HLM...when he went to the Jets...what was the take?

...obviously Packers fans hate the Vikings...

did it change drastically this year...or was it a fairly steady hate since the move to the Jets?
          for me, i dealt with the jets move o.k. when he put on that fuckin' purple jersey, done deal. i don't think he should have his number up at lambeau any more.
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
            Commando
            • Apr 2006

A better statistical assessment of Favres numbers would be to look at all games in2008 before he tore his muscle in his throwing arm to the numbers after he tore the muscle.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
              A better statistical assessment of Favres numbers would be to look at all games in2008 before he tore his muscle in his throwing arm to the numbers after he tore the muscle.
              I live in Mn. Alway's loved Farve and Marino. Guy's that put the ball in the end zone !!! I'll take my chance's with the Silver Fox any sunday !!! They might lose every game left but at least it will be entertaining!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The way HLM and Pete's Brother were talking about Favre in this thread reminded me of this old Seinfeld standup bit...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  The way HLM and Pete's Brother were talking about Favre in this thread reminded me of this old Seinfeld standup bit...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WSD6Y2YWj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                  yup, guess i just love those green shirts

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Awesome thread Poj. Nonetheless, I'm diggin' his gig this year. How are you old man? Not talking about Favre either. :p
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Okay, I'm sick of Farve, your sick of Farve, we're all sick of Farve...

but...

This guy finds a way, year in and year out, to make plays that leave you scratching your head both good, and bad...

How many times has that guy made a pass like that to win a game?

we all know that there is going to be a game in which it goes the other way...but damn...

You and I both know that Minnesota is FAR BETTER with him, and has a more than legit shot at the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Brett...choose the damn TV already...
                      Favre rules,

He's the Purple Jesus!
                      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• High Life Man
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Forgot about this thread. Hilarious.

Childress will cost them AT LEAST another game.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

Favre today VS. the Sea-chickens, 4td's.
                          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2006

No signs of wearing down at this point. The man is playing like he has something to prove. So far, it looks like it could be the Saints and Vikings in the NFC Championship game. Those two teams will be the 1 and 2 seed in the NFC, and if it comes down to that matchup, I'll take Favre, his experience, there running game and there D to knock off New Orleans. Although, I'm still pulling for my Cowboys big time.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                              Although, I'm still pulling for my Cowboys big time.
                              I'm afraid our Cowboys are already in their funk that they usually get into in December every season, only it came a few weeks earlier this season. The bright side to it is if they don't make the playoffs this year, or make the playoffs and don't win a game, Phillips is gone.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

4 more td's this week. this guy does not stop.

Comment

Working...