Thread: What the Farve?

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Favre hasn't given the Vikes any word as to whether or not he's getting that bum ankle fixed. I think Deanna was pretty upset seeing her meal ticket get slammed around by the Saints in the NFC Title game. I'll bet she doesn't want him to play but I'll bet he does. We'll see.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: FUCK FAVRE!!!

That can't come often enough from a Packer fan.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

favre? that old jets qb? bah
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Well, it's currently all over ESPN: Sources say that Brett Favre is set to announce his retirement to the Vikings. As usual, take this with a huge grain of salt...

Reports: Brett Favre plans to retire

Updated: August 3, 2010, 11:29 AM ET

Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final. Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

The 32-year-old Rosenfels, acquired by the Vikings last year in a trade with the Houston Texans, has a career quarterback rating of 81.2. In 32 games, he has 30 touchdowns and 29 interceptions and has passed for 4,156 yards.

The 27-year-old Jackson, drafted in the second round of the 2006 draft, has a 77.9 rating and has 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, passing for 3,643 yards in 33 career games.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LMAO at all you Vi-Queen fans.

Favre dragged Childress around by his dick and then crapped on him.

Vikes go 9-7 at best.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

packers win the nfc norse this year.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    I'll give the jerk some credit: At least he didn't wait until the start of the season to bail. In this way, the Vikes can try to patch together a QB out of Jackson, Rosenfels and Joe Webb. (Yeah, like that's going to work. ) Still, to finally decide the day after training camp started is pretty damned selfish.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you sound surprised. he's gonna run out on the field after the season opening kickoff and the crowd will go nuts. j/k, but who knows with him.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    LMAO at all you Vi-Queen fans.

I still think hes an ass, 1 month to go and hey, im retiring?
    he's either done, or working a new angle, either way its pathetic, I feel bad for vike fans
    that just sucks..but on another front, fantasy football has just changed the maps
    of AP, and all the wr weapons..go downhill now..lol

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    you sound surprised. he's gonna run out on the field after the season opening kickoff and the crowd will go nuts. j/k, but who knows with him.
    Nothing the guy does surprises me at this point, and your notion of him suiting up on opening day and grabbing yet another selfish shot of glory at other folk's expense isn't that far out of the question. I'll believe this turkey is fully retired the day he gets handed his bust while making his speech at Canton. And even then I'll have my doubts.

10. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (08-03-2010)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nothing the guy does surprises me at this point, and your notion of him suiting up on opening day and grabbing yet another selfish shot of glory at other folk's expense isn't that far out of the question. I'll believe this turkey is fully retired the day he gets handed his bust while making his speech at Canton. And even then I'll have my doubts.
    that commercial with him retirin' at 65 is probably dead on

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

that commercial with him retirin' at 65 is probably dead on
    Damn, I was thinking the exact same thing!

13. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hopefully Favre doesn't pull the same old crap, and just retires for good. Even if Favre doesn't play and the Vikings don't sign another QB, they will still be strong. Minnesota is too good of a team to be stuck with Rosenfels or Jackson, but I think they will be able to go 10-6, maybe 11-5. I think Green Bay wins that division now for sure, not that they wouldn't have anyway.

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2011 @ 03:02 AM
    Oakland Coliseum 7000 Coliseum Way Oakland, California Section 130 Seats 13-14 Wear Black. Bring Beer.
    Status
    Thanks

He will play. The guy just doesn't do Training Camp. There are rules for the team, then there are rules for Favre.
    Even if it's not with Minnesota, dude will be on the field in September.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starwood View Post
    He will play. The guy just doesn't do Training Camp. There are rules for the team, then there are rules for Favre.
    Even if it's not with Minnesota, dude will be on the field in September.
    Jagermeister thinks it's time for Favre to hang it up.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You have to wonder if that ankle surgery took. The pisser is had the Vikes known Farve was going to retire a few months ago, they could have signed Dom McNabb, instead of being stuck with Rosenfels or Jackson. Instead, he once again holds a team ransom to his own selfishness. Between this jerk and Lebron James, I've about had it with pro athlete's inflated egos.

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Oakland Coliseum 7000 Coliseum Way Oakland, California Section 130 Seats 13-14 Wear Black. Bring Beer.
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Jagermeister thinks it's time for Favre to hang it up.
    Starwood agrees and hopes he's seen the last of Mary's boyfriend.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

he might follow bradshaw's legendary acting career

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

he might follow bradshaw's legendary acting career
    At least Don Meredeth (Police Story), Fred Dryer (Hunter) and Ed Marinaro (Hill Street Blues) had the common sense to do episodic television. It's inconceivable that Favre would go into broadcasting football. By the time he'd decided what he thought of a particular play, the game would be over.

21. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-fa...t-a-love-story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.

For those who don't know (or forget) who Jenn Sterger is: formerly buxom Florida State Cowgirl who gained internet notoriety for being a buxom Florida State fan who parlayed that popularity into a full-time career. She did Maxim shoots. Playboy shoots. She wrote a "Confessions of a Cowgirl" column for Sports Illustrated. Then, in 2008, Ms. Sterger joined the Jets as an in-house sideline reporter. It was during that fateful time that her and Mr. Favre's paths began to cross. Sort of.

Last winter, close to the Super Bowl, Ms. Sterger and I were discussing a possible collaboration on the proposed "Deadspin Swimsuit Project," which turned into a conversation about the whole "athlete dong photo" phenomenon. She claimed that she's been on the receiving end of several of those types of cell phone interactions by drunk men, some of whom were professional athletes. We later had a phone conversation about who some of the more well-known dong-shot senders were. One person, she claimed, who was very into cell phone-donging her was none other than Brett Favre. Now, at one point in his career, this news wouldn't be too surprising. Favre's time in Green Bay is littered with stories about his boozing and carousing. But gray-haired Favre? Oh yeah, she said. Sterger said that Favre first began to call her early in the season and leave strange, friendly messages on her voicemail. She played me one of these voicemails over the phone. It was Brett turning on the Mississippi simpleton charm on his way to practice giving Jenn a friendly good ol' boy hello to a pretty lady. It was odd, but nothing incriminating. Then the phone calls from Brett started to turn weird.

Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. You know, this one:

'Brett Favre Once Sent Me Cock Shots': Not A Love Story

But soon after Jenn told me this story, she balked about releasing the photos or voicemails she still had on her computer. They were still on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends, but she never planned to sell them or use them to bolster her profile. We invited her in into the Gawker Media lair many times to have a nice discussion about what we could do with the photos and how they could be presented and how she wouldn't look bad in the process if she just had fun with it. Alas, that didn't happen. When this Favre conversation first took place, Jenn started on Vs.' "The Daily Line" show so this wasn't the added publicity she wanted or need at the time. Plus, she really didn't want her name attached to this whatsoever. And I was told by her to keep my big mouth shut. Here's her email to me on February 15, 2010:

AND NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
    I like ya AJ... and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc... because I don't roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not..

I agreed, but still persisted because I'm a dick and it's an incredibly funny story, but one that didn't really hold any real weight unless she either gave us the A.) photos B.) voicemails C.) attached her name to it. She was reluctant to do so up until yesterday because I pressed her on it:

Okay, here's the deal:

I'm very close to running your Favre allegations today. I've spoken to the Jets about this. So let me know how you want to proceed, please. I'd prefer you were on the record about this stuff, but I understand if you don't want to be. However, I do have our email conversations we had and, frankly, that's enough to get this started.

Not trying to dick you over, but, there was no way I was going to sit on it forever, either.

So lemme know.

Her Blackberry was messed up, though. However, she did respond by saying she would (finally) go on the record with her tales of Favre's creepy cell phone stalking:

I can... as soon as I get this thing back and running.. or you could meet me in person on my way to studio in a few hours.

So I'm gonna say she's settled on C. There's no turning back now. But who knows? Jenn and I never connected yesterday, either in person or on the phone. Maybe those photos will surface at this point since I assume many people would like to hear her side of this story, given it's a helluva lot more interesting than any retirement rope-a-dopes.

And there's no real evidence that Favre's been horndoggin' it throughout the latter part of his NFL career. Maybe he was just lonely while he spent time in New York and sought some companionship with Sterger who, if you hadn't noticed, does resemble his wife, Deanna. One thing that is notable is this: it turns out that Brett watched last year's Super Bowl at home in Mississippi. He didn't watch it alone, however. According to one source, he watched the Saints miraculously defeat the Colts in the company of one special guest: Tiger Woods. I wonder what those guys talked about?
    Last edited by Mr Walker; 08-04-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: forgot the link

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lol oh for fuck sakes

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remember a few posts back when I said "take this with a huge grain of salt"? Ed Werder cornered Favre today (after the QB had finished working out and throwing passes to some high school kids), and Favre said that he has made no decision, but if he is healthy, he'll play.

Brett Favre says he will play if healthy

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder in Hattiesburg, Miss., on Wednesday that he has not made any decision about returning to play for the Minnesota Vikings this season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said in a statement to the NFL Network on Wednesday that the quarterback has an appointment with Dr. James Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Andrews performed surgery on Favre's ankle in May.

Favre denied sending text messages to Vikings teammates and club officials that might have indicated he had decided to retire.

On Tuesday, Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said Favre texted his teammates and told them he plans to retire. Shiancoe added he did not receive any direct messages from Favre, but learned of the texts from several teammates.

"Shank, that's why I love him ... all right guys I gotta go," Favre said, when informed of Shiancoe's comments.

ESPN.COM

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As usual - Starwood stands by his story.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All one needs to ask is .Would you want him on your fantasy roster?

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Starwood had Brees last year. Money, right? Favre ended up only a few points behind him in total QB points. Huge year for the old man.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    All one needs to ask is .Would you want him on your fantasy roster?
    Well, he's apparently not a fantasy of Jenn Sterger's...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Okay, I'm sick of Farve, your sick of Farve, we're all sick of Farve...

but...

This guy finds a way, year in and year out, to make plays that leave you scratching your head both good, and bad...

How many times has that guy made a pass like that to win a game?

we all know that there is going to be a game in which it goes the other way...but damn...

You and I both know that Minnesota is FAR BETTER with him, and has a more than legit shot at the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Brett...choose the damn TV already...
    All of us Lions fans have been hating him ever since he started. I hope he flops this season and maybe the Lions will probably win at least 5 games.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-fa...t-a-love-story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.
    dude, this is a reason favre should keep playing. smart move. if the knuckleboner had jenn sterger's cell number, i'd definitely send her a shot of the little knuckler...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tetraphobia, fear of the number 4 – (phonetically similar to "death") in Korea, China and Japan, as well as in many other East-Asian and some Southeast-Asian countries, it is not uncommon for buildings (including offices, apartments, hotels) to lack floors with the number 4, and Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia's 1xxx-9xxx series of mobile phones does not include any model numbers beginning with a 4.

favre will never play in finland

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A word of warning for the guys that have not gotten home from work yet: When you do get home, DO NOT turn on ESPN. Apparently there is one story today, and the channel is beating it to death...Brett Favre is on his way to training camp. Spare yourselves the hyperbole, as the coverage is wall to wall Favre, interviews with his teammates, interviews with fans, and a bunch of ex-jocks stumbling all over themselves to explain the "significance" of it all. Seriously, the channel is showing footage of him arriving at camp from last year.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 08-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

Hooray!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

He's back !!! I'll Take him again. No way they win 11 or 12 game's again without him. Sorry Jackson. He probably won't be as good as last year but i'll take the entertainment value over win's if they suck this year !! Hope they can get a week off in the playoff's if they make them again. Then I think the Bowl could happen !!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Can someone fucking tell me why the fuck the Vikings are developing a real back-up to Favray? Anyone?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And you do have to wonder about this relationship with Childress....

You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    You know...this year could be a fucking fiasco...
    God, I hope so.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    God, I hope so.
    Yep....I want to see a few more episodes of the Head Coach/QB sideline argument. And more shots of Deanna covering her face when Farte gets pummelled.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    \

Just put 'em in pink jerseys and put a flag belt on their waists....
    No sir, that's already been done. The 'Ol Wordf Footy League that folded when the first Star Wars came out, no? Those crezzi seventies!!!

If they were to do it today, I cannot think of a more befitting team, can you? Maybe Grandma Al's resthome raiders? My apologies to Starwood.

Last edited by MAX; 08-27-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2022 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Favre is back for another Purple year, speaking of his ankle now. He's already taking injections for it (built in excuse?). The stars were aligned for the Vikes last year, this could be the year the wheels fall off, O line looks porous, WR corp thin. I root against BrINT every week now but he makes things interesting.
    Last edited by GreenBayLA; 09-02-2010 at 03:58 AM.

MR mutha FUCKER
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    If you're gonna give those stats, you've gotta give this one too...

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

That said, I hope Favray goes off today vs. the Cowgirls....
    Thats a sweet stat maybe Favre can add 20-25 more this season

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Here's something for all you Favre haters...

Link

FOX NFL Sunday Roundtable: Favre won't last the season
    Fox Sports
    FOX NFL SUNDAY CREW
    PRINT RSS

5 comments »
    Updated Sep 9, 2010 5:16 PM ET

Every week, the experts of FOX NFL Sunday will candidly reveal their observations and make their opinions known as they prepare for their top-rated pregame telecast — seen each Sunday at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT. We'll share with you some of the highlights and observations from Curt, Terry, Howie, Jimmy and Strahan grabbed from their weekly conference call with insider John Czarnecki.

This week, Czar probes the FOX NFL Sunday crew on the Minnesota Vikings-New Orleans Saints rematch and the Dallas Cowboys' Super Bowl chances.

ROSTER BUZZ
    Get all the breaking roster moves from the NFL right here.

John Czarnecki: All the talk heading into tonight’s opener in New Orleans has been about the late hits and the fines taken by the Saints for leveling Brett Favre in last year’s NFC championship game. Will the Saints tone it down?

Jimmy Johnson: That’s the way the Saints play and I think you will see more of the same. I do think it’s going to be a great game, but I think the Saints will put a number on them.

Howie Long: If the Vikings were at full strength on offense, I would give them a significantly better chance of winning. Yes, the Vikings have come right out and called them cheap shots. I got to think the Saints want to finish the job on Brett. And do you think they are concerned about taking a 15-yard penalty?

JJ: Not at all. That’s why, even though he has started like 290 straight games, I think there’s a good chance that Brett doesn’t finish the season. Players are going to be coming after him and with his ankle and age, he may simply not hold up.

HL: I don’t think he’s going to make it through, either.

JJ: It’s gotten to the point with the Saints that it’s almost a badge of honor if they do make a late hit and take a penalty or a fine. I do believe they want that M.O. of being a team that will put you out (of the game).

HL: You have to believe that Brett knows this. Remember his interception at the end of that championship game? He only needed to run 7 yards for a first down. But I’m sure that distance looked like a mile to him, because of the beating he took. I do believe the Vikings will do everything they can tonight to protect him. It’s one thing to get out of New Orleans with a loss. It’s another to get out of there Week 1 with a loss and also no Brett Favre!

JJ: I look for a more conservative game plan out of Minnesota. I suspect they will run the ball a little bit more. One of the problems with that approach, though, is if Brees puts a lot of points on them early, they will have to shelve that plan. Brees is liable to come out smoking.

HL: The Saints have a chance of repeating, especially if they get home-field advantage like they did last season. It’s tough for teams to go down there and win a big game.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I think it's a true statement...

If you played defense, wouldn't you want to be the guy to end the most ridiculously long streak of all time?

Seriously...290 as an NFL QB...and one that goes after it like Favray...is insanity...

Thread Information