Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What the Farve?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the snow gettin' sucked back up the hole before the second dump is pretty cool
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    heard that they moved the game to Detroit?

What a mess....lol that's more snow than i want to see in my lifetime...lol
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Favray is inactive for tonight....

Thank goodness, maybe now they'll shut the fuck up.....
    That didn't stop ESPN's Ed Werder from saying that Favre could have suffered a stroke had he taken an injection in order to play. Oh, the drama...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's official, Favre streak ends tonight. Inactive for Vikings-Giants game. As much as Favre has raised my ire the last few years I felt bad for the man, it's over. Favre doesn't get to control his destiny and walk away on his own terms anymore. The 2-10 Bills bounced him.

UNreal!!!
    ESPN has elected not to air the scheduled Monday Night Football game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans tonight. Instead ESPN will be airing "Favre cam" getting his reactions to historic Giants at Vikings at Detroit game on sidelines and will break away to other game when any scoring occurs. Brett Favre career retrospective airs after conclusion of game. Ravens at Texans game will be shown on ESPN 3 at midnight eastern time.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's time for Bert Farte to call it a career for real. He's now too old and his body can't take the abuse anymore. He still has his flashes of greatness every once in a while, but they are getting fewer and further between. The old guy just hung around for one season too long. Even if he has been a huge drama queen the last several seasons, he has been a great QB for a long time in this league, and probably one of the toughest s.o.b.s to ever play the game of football. I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.
    Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205. At 34, he would have to play almost the entire next 5 and 3/4 seasons without missing a game in order to tie Favre.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 12-13-2010 at 08:13 PM.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Ya know who's is next on that list? Hard to believe, but it's Peyton Manning with 205.
    He would have to play six more seasons without missing a start to match Old Farte, and Peyton has already been in the league for 13 seasons, and I just don't think Peyton has the durability to catch Farte.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it.

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Yeah, I initially screwed up the math and had to go back and fix it.

Still, Manning would be 40 (Sound familiar?) if/when he accomplished the feat.
    He could definitely do it, but I don't think he is going hang on as long as Favre has. I may be wrong, however.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and so it begins.........

Brett Favre(notes) will be commemorating his ironman streak, the one that ended Monday night, soon and you too can have your own keepsake.

Credit the folks at Deadspin for uncovering the latest offering on Favre’s personal Web site last night. Favre – or the folks running his Web site – are hawking signed footballs with the inscription “297 starts 1992-2010.” You can order yours for the holidays, although this product might not be delivered for about 30 days, according to the Web site. Get two, they’re only $499.99.

Most amusing? Favre references the number of quarterbacks the Chicago Bears have been through during his NFL record streak. “Just consider since 1992 the Chicago Bears have watched over 20 QB's start for their team,” the Web site says.

Over 20? We’ll do the math for them. The Bears started 23 quarterbacks during Favre’s NFL record streak. The most starts by a Bears’ quarterback in that span was 46 by Erik Kramer. Jay Cutler(notes) has 28 starts as a Bear, trailing Kyle Orton(notes) (33) and Rex Grossman(notes) (31). The list:

Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Erik Kramer, Steve Walsh, Dave Krieg, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese(notes), Jay Cutler, Todd Collins(notes).

And now you know why Favre beat the Bears brains in for most of his tenure with the Green Bay Packers.

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    It's time for Bert Farte to call it a career for real. He's now too old and his body can't take the abuse anymore. He still has his flashes of greatness every once in a while, but they are getting fewer and further between. The old guy just hung around for one season too long. Even if he has been a huge drama queen the last several seasons, he has been a great QB for a long time in this league, and probably one of the toughest s.o.b.s to ever play the game of football. I believe that 297 game streak will never be broken.
    I love how Jackson finally get's his chance and he plays like shit and can't finish the game !! He is on I.R. for the rest of the year. Payton will not break that record. He will never play that long for starters. It's like 320 with playoffs in there. I would love to see him play the last game in Detroit if his arm is better. That hit is a shitty way to go out for the NFL'S toughest player.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The rumor is Favre will start the game tonight !! Crazy fucker !! Hope it's true. Took me 2 hours to drive home from work. A 35 minute drive. Sounds like the worst of the snow is passing over. They just showed the field on tv. It looks ok. Very windy on the field at one end. Probably the open end. Should be fun. Petterson is out for some reason.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Relax. think its dead now.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have my issues with the man but they don't call him a warrior for nothing. It cost him but he has balls to start vs Bears outside on MNF.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Favre still be hatin' on the Pack. Dude is bitter...

Julius Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline. Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/chic...n_michael&id=5941769

Response posted by The GBP Rules:
    It's fine if Favre hates Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Nevermind the fact that everything that went down was his own doing.

But he stops at no lengths to shart on the Packers and the fans who supported his butt all those years. The same fans who vehemently defended him despite his shortcomings every year - too many risks, too many INTs and year after year choking in the playoffs. This type of BS with Peppers is the reason he was boo'd so heavily after leaving Lambeau the last game against the Queens.

What amazes me more than Favre's pathetic actions are the idiots who constantly defend him.

I hope he's never allowed back to Lambeau and I certainly hope they never retire his number. end quote

I couldn't have said it better although I'm ok with retiring his number after 10 years or so.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he'll be in the "the ring" soon after really really retiring.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayLA View Post
    \
    I hope he's never allowed back to Lambeau and I certainly hope they never retire his number. end quote

I couldn't have said it better although I'm ok with retiring his number after 10 years or so.
    his number will be retired....
    bitter or not, a pita or not,
    the man was a HUGE part of football in the last decade, (and more)

and as for never being allowed back in Lambeau, well, that's a bit petty of them, once
    his football days are over and done with, don't you think?

He gave a large part of his life to that team, and if things did not end on a high note, well....that happens.

they all need to grow up.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fifth element View Post

they all need to grow up.
    NO! HE DOES!!!:tongue0011:

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL...Cute, Very......

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NEW YORK – Brett Favre has been fined $50,000 by the NFL for a "failure to cooperate" with the investigation into allegations he sent inappropriate messages and lewd photos to former New York Jets game-day hostess Jenn Sterger.
    The league said Commissioner Roger Goodell "could not conclude" that Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence currently available to him.
    "The forensic analysis could not establish that Favre sent the objectionable photographs to Sterger," the statement said. "The review found no evidence to contradict the statements of both Favre and Sterger that they never met in person, nor was there anything to suggest that Sterger engaged in any inappropriate conduct."
    Goodell determined Favre was "not candid in several respects during the investigation resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger and the NFL," the statement said. The league's investigation began in October and the fine was announced Wednesday.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-brett-favre/

The NFL will fine Brett Favre but not suspend him for sexually harassing Jenn Sterger when both worked for the Jets, according to multiple reports out this morning.

Both Jay Glazer of FOX and Adam Schefter of ESPN have reported that the discipline is coming. Schefter reported that it will come in the next 48 hours and will not include a suspension, while Glazer reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to fine Favre today or tomorrow but not suspend him.

Since we always enjoy pointing out a good media feud, we’ll also note that after Schefter and Glazer tweeted about Favre, NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora tweeted, “I’ve reported for a month Favre to get fined but not suspended for Sterger case, and decision announced by end of reg season. No news there.”

A minute later La Canfora tweeted, “So here is some actual news: The fine will not exceed $50,000, and could in fact be less.”

The lack of a suspension means that if Favre is medically cleared, he will play what everyone expects to be his final NFL game on Sunday in Detroit.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking bullshit....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually agree with you Va...but I can't lie...

when I saw that, I chuckled a bit...because I knew it would burn your ass...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it is bullshit...but I called it from the start...:shrug:

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The $50,000 fine will take Favre approx. 3 minutes of a football game to pay. Honestly. He makes $16 million a season so that's $1 million per game. You can take it from here.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jets deny wrongdoing in Brett Favre harassment suit

USA TODAY

The New York Jets denied culpability in the sexual harassment suit filed against them and Brett Favre on Monday.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Jets said the plaintiffs, Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole -- who formerly worked as massage therapists for the team -- had made baseless claims.

Attorney Gary H. Glaser, who represents the Jets, said in a statement:

"Unfortunately, the plaintiffs never reported the allegations to the Jets, either during or after the conclusion of their work. The case against the Jets is completely without merit, and we look forward to defending the matter in court, where we are confident that the Jets will prevail."

Among their allegations, Scavo and O'Toole said that Favre sent inappropriate and suggestive messages to them and said the created a culture that was "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."

Favre has not commented on the suit. He was fined $50,000 by the NFL last week for failure to cooperate in an investigation into allegations that he sent inappropriate voicemails and photos to former Jets gameday host Jenn Sterger.

-- Sean Leahy

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Think the old man will make one more run? Looks like he's going to have a lot of legal bills to pay...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    Think the old man will make one more run? Looks like he's going to have a lot of legal bills to pay...
    unlike the announcers, i really think that he is done....and knows it

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    unlike the announcers, i really think that he is done....and knows it
    second that.It's a shame really,This has been ole' number 4's worst season.Even though im a packers girl i still got alot of love for him.I hoped he would go out with a bang
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Favre goes out with a wimper, too bad for him. Although he said he'd rather play one year too long rather than wonder if he retired too soon.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Favre goes out with a wimper, too bad for him. Although he said he'd rather play one year too long rather than wonder if he retired too soon.
    It's hard to believe he is really done but i think that was the only way he was going to leave the game, having it beat out of him !! He had a great career. The most fun to watch IMO. To bad a few of those int's were in big playoff games. The one last year was the worst one. He needed to give Longwell a shot at that kick !! The bowl was right in front of them !! I'll miss him for sure. I don't want him too come back. Even if it is for a different good team.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That is a madman's philosophy to me. I could care less is Farve leaves or somehow finds another desperate and sappy team to take his aging ass. I would have love to see him leave the field in a meat wagon.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and then, there is his sister......

Brett Favre's sister facing drug charges

Associated Press

DIAMONDHEAD, Miss. -- The 34-year-old sister of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre faces drug charges after she was arrested Wednesday in a raid on a Mississippi condo where people were making crystal methamphetamine, authorities said.

Brandi Favre was among five people arrested in the Diamondhead bust and was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and generating hazardous waste, said Hancock County Sheriff's Maj. Matt Karl.

"She happened to be there and she was arrested along with the others," Karl said.

Favre's bond was set at $40,000 during a brief court appearance Thursday in Mississippi. Defense attorneys Richard Dymond and Chad Favre said she would post bond later in the day.

Two of the other suspects face the same charges as Favre. The other two were charged with sale of a controlled substance. And one of them also faces a charge of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

The four other suspects ranged in age from 25 to 53.

About nine grams of the drug -- worth about $1,000 -- was recovered and hazardous materials teams had to clear the condo, Karl said.

Brandi Favre was in custody and has an initial court appearance scheduled Thursday morning.

A message left for Brett Favre's agent James "Bus" Cook wasn't immediately returned.

The arrest was first reported by WLOX-TV in Biloxi.

It is not the first time Brandi Favre has been in trouble with the law.

In 1999, Favre, her sister-in-law and another woman were booked with felony shoplifting. In 1996, she was charged with unlawful use of a weapon in connection with a drive-by shooting at a motel in Slidell, La. At the time she was a student at Southern Mississippi, where Brett Favre played.

She completed a program in Louisiana that allowed her criminal charges to be erased.

Karl said officers are "very familiar" with Favre. "She's always in trouble," he said.

Karl said such drug operations had slowed to almost a trickle -- from 108 a month about two years ago to 6 to 8 last year -- since the enactment of a law requiring a prescription for cold and sinus medicine containing pseudoephedrine, one of the main ingredients used to make crystal meth. Criminals are now traveling across state lines to nearby St. Tammany Parish, La., to buy the pseudoephedrine and bring it back to Mississippi, he said.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Shurmur will bring him to Cleveland...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least Miami might be safe. ESPN is reporting Brad Childress is interviewing for the vacant OC job.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They could do worse than Childress...perhaps they'll trade for the Tavarus...

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Yes please!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Don't forget that McNabb will be available. For that matter, Childress could end up back with Andy Reid in Philly.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and then, there is his sister......

Brett Favre's sister facing drug charges

Associated Press

DIAMONDHEAD, Miss. -- The 34-year-old sister of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre faces drug charges after she was arrested Wednesday in a raid on a Mississippi condo where people were making crystal methamphetamine, authorities said.

Brandi Favre was among five people arrested in the Diamondhead bust and was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and generating hazardous waste, said Hancock County Sheriff's Maj. Matt Karl.

"She happened to be there and she was arrested along with the others," Karl said.

Favre's bond was set at $40,000 during a brief court appearance Thursday in Mississippi. Defense attorneys Richard Dymond and Chad Favre said she would post bond later in the day.

Two of the other suspects face the same charges as Favre. The other two were charged with sale of a controlled substance. And one of them also faces a charge of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

The four other suspects ranged in age from 25 to 53.

About nine grams of the drug -- worth about $1,000 -- was recovered and hazardous materials teams had to clear the condo, Karl said.

Brandi Favre was in custody and has an initial court appearance scheduled Thursday morning.

A message left for Brett Favre's agent James "Bus" Cook wasn't immediately returned.

The arrest was first reported by WLOX-TV in Biloxi.

It is not the first time Brandi Favre has been in trouble with the law.

In 1999, Favre, her sister-in-law and another woman were booked with felony shoplifting. In 1996, she was charged with unlawful use of a weapon in connection with a drive-by shooting at a motel in Slidell, La. At the time she was a student at Southern Mississippi, where Brett Favre played.

She completed a program in Louisiana that allowed her criminal charges to be erased.

Karl said officers are "very familiar" with Favre. "She's always in trouble," he said.

Karl said such drug operations had slowed to almost a trickle -- from 108 a month about two years ago to 6 to 8 last year -- since the enactment of a law requiring a prescription for cold and sinus medicine containing pseudoephedrine, one of the main ingredients used to make crystal meth. Criminals are now traveling across state lines to nearby St. Tammany Parish, La., to buy the pseudoephedrine and bring it back to Mississippi, he said.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
    Here's the mugshot of Favre's sister...

Thread Information