Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Bama actually blocked a fieldgoal and never trailed in the game. That being said, they played badly. At the end of the day, however, you have to win those type of games to stay undefeated and have a championship season. If you look back at all the teams that have won championships they either had one defeat or went undefeated with 1 or 2 games where they narrowly escaped alive. I don't put much stock in that game being the water mark as to their talent or ability. They still have to beat LSU if they want that rematch against Florida in the SEC title game. I'd say the odds of beating LSU, then Florida, and then having enough left to win the national title game are pretty long.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

a couple big ones this weekend that impact the title chase

The Big 12's two contenders square off in Stillwater with Texas facing a Bryant-less Oklahoma St.

the Trojans and Ducks square off at Autzen in a game that looks to be for the Pac10 title and is effectively a national elimination game.

other games of interest: Cocktail Party in Jacksonville where UGA tries to salvage their season with a colossal upset; ....actually, the rest of them sort of suck...
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

I think tonight's matchup will be pretty decent for a friday night game. I'm looking for South Florida to score the mild upset of West Virginia. I like the home dog here catching 3 points.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

good call, SS. WVU picks up their first conference loss. I'll admit I didn't see that one coming after USF was blasted by Pitt last week. BigLeast looks like it will come down to UC/Pitt on 12/5

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

If anyone is looking for a play this morning, i would go with Ole Miss minus the points over Auburn. It is a 4- point line here. Auburn is reeling.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

upset alert in Iowa City! Iowa losing 21-7 to Indiana at the half.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                If anyone is looking for a play this morning, i would go with Ole Miss minus the points over Auburn. It is a 4- point line here. Auburn is reeling.
                should've quit while you were ahead.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Iowa pulls out an impossible win today. Indiana was driving to go up 28-7 when they get a pinball interception for a 90-yd pick-6.

then, down 24-14 in the 4th, two consecutive offensive plays go 92 and 66 yards for TD's. 28 pts in the 4th to win going away.

absolutely crazy...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

huge wins today for Oregon and Texas.

Oregon really looks to be the best of the one-loss teams (or, at worst, right there with Georgia Tech), but they raise an enormous philosophical question: is there any way you can move them ahead of Boise St?

on the surface, the obvious answer is no. an undefeated team vs a one-loss team, whose one loss was to that unbeaten. seems pretty simple. but that ignores the vast differences in the rest of their schedules. does anyone really believe that Boise would beat USC, let alone by 27?

we have also made it into November with still seven unbeatens, which seems high for this late in the year. compounding it this year is that only two of them will likely play each other (Florida and Alabama). the other five should be favored significantly in almost all of the rest of their games (the only exceptions being Iowa at OSU, UC at Pitt, and perhaps Oregon at Arizona). so, there is somewhat of a chance that we could have 6 unbeatens, with 4 or 5 seeming very likely.

all of this may be moot, however, as it really looks as though nobody is going to beat Texas. so, we'll end up with a Texas vs. SEC champ game

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

here's the updated list, down from 17 to 12. a big move this late in the year.

we dropped WVU, Ole Miss, USC, Oklahoma St, South Carolina

WAC (1): 0 losses - Boise St.
                      MWC (1): 0 losses - TCU
                      Pac 10 (1): 0 losses - none; 1 loss - Oregon
                      Big 12 (1): 0 losses - Texas; 1 loss - none
                      Big 10 (2): 0 losses - Iowa; 1 loss - Penn St
                      Big East (2): 0 losses - Cincinnati; 1 loss - Pitt
                      ACC (1): 0 losses - none; 1 loss - Georgia Tech
                      SEC (3): 0 losses - Florida, Alabama; 1 loss - LSU; 2 losses - none

so, yes, that's only 12 teams left in the hunt. and, as a sign things are sorting themselves out, that may well be your top 12 in the upcoming polls, if Pitt gets all the way up to 12th.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Iowa dominated Northwestern early...but Stanzi gets knocked out on a fumble in the endzone to make it 10-7...

Northwestern just picks off a pass...and freakin' Stanzi can barely walk...

Go Wildcats...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Northwestern takes a 14-7 lead...and has a HUGE TD run taken back on a hold...

going south quickly for the overrated Sqwawkeyes...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Northwestern up 17-10....with three minutes left and the ball...

Michigan getting dumped by Purdue...to go 5-5....

hmmmm....

I wonder if we'll here as much talk about how their season sucks...

As we did at the beginning of the year with regards to "how Dick Rodriguez has a history of big second years."

Yeah, I wonder if they'll be saying that watching the bowl season...what a joke...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Michigan scores...two minutes left...two-pointer will tie it up...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Oh Shucks...they missed...of course...now that I said that...they'll probably recover the onside kick...

and kick a field goal to win...

Comment

Working...