Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2010 College Football--Recruiting Season

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What won't be overrated though Va...are the stud receivers he's had...IE...Jordan Norwood and Derrick Williams...both awesome in college...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a feeling Florida is gonna blow Cincy out of the water....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thank you Buckeyes!! Now I hope Tebow chokes.
    We're on a mission from ROTH

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I have a feeling Florida is gonna blow Cincy out of the water....
    23-0, not even halftime yet, hate it when I'm right....

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    pojo, you've been in the South too long...

started rooting for conferences...

although, I'll admit I was rooting for both NW and PSU today. but, it's because I can't stand the SEC schools more than rooting for the Big10. to prove my point, I'll be cheering for GT against Iowa on Tuesday.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    although I can't root for Florida, it doesn't upset me too much to see them blowing out UC. now, I don't have to hear anybody try to tell me that the Bearcats are the best team in the state of Ohio. that was always a ridiculous notion...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    23-0, not even halftime yet, hate it when I'm right....
    This isn't really a surprise, is it?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    pojo, you've been in the South too long...

started rooting for conferences...

although, I'll admit I was rooting for both NW and PSU today. but, it's because I can't stand the SEC schools more than rooting for the Big10. to prove my point, I'll be cheering for GT against Iowa on Tuesday.
    Oh, hell no. It's just ridiculous having to listen to all the fucking bullshit, in particular coming from SEC and Pac 10 fans, piling on the Big 10 over the years...with tOSU at the center of it all because they've lost three straight BCS games.

It's an interesting "rooting" though...full of derision and contempt...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    although I can't root for Florida, it doesn't upset me too much to see them blowing out UC. now, I don't have to hear anybody try to tell me that the Bearcats are the best team in the state of Ohio. that was always a ridiculous notion...
    I had to shut the damn game off. I'm so fucking sick of Tim Tebow, and could care a less about Cincinnati...

...and to be honest, this whole Urban Meyer thing is really starting to piss me off as well...

The guy gos from saying that when he told his family he quit, his daughter said, "I have my Daddy back..."

to...

"When I saw my players in practice (the next morning), I had to change my mind."

Now, recruits are saying that Meyer is telling them he'll be back by August...

Of course I want the guy to get healthy...but it's starting to sound ridiculous as each day passes.

So fuck this game...I'm watching the Office...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cincinnati is being exposed for the pretender frauds that they are tonight. It should have been TCU playing Florida tonight...the game would have been more competitive than this one is.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well, the fix was in with putting TCU and Boise at the kiddie table. you know Mike Slive had a chat with his "bowl partners" about not letting something like last year's Utah whipping of Bama happen again.

but, with the Mtn West about to run the table in their bowl games, they are getting harder to ignore. granted, they don't play the same slate of competition as the Big 10 or SEC does in their bowls, but they have a couple good wins over Cal and Oregon St.

the MWC is probably every bit as good as the Big East or ACC right now

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    This isn't really a surprise, is it?
    Hell no, in fact I think Pitt should feel fortunate they choked against Cincy, or they would have gotten the same ass-kicking.....

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Classy Florida, way to leave your starters in that game well after the game was taken care of.

Would expect nothing less from those arrogant douche bags though.

Seriously, Meyer, they can go on and on about how him and Tebow are these great people and such, but I've seriously not seen folks with the lack of class these guys have.

The worst part is they are able to escape all criticism by hiding behind a bible.

This is why I'm proud to have The Vest leading things as our school, he's a class act on and off the field, he doesn't need to constantly remind everyone about "what bible verse he likes today", and then proceed to have his players talk trash like idiots, and run up the score.

I hate Florida, Can't wait until they are moved back down to being the third-tier team they've always been prior to 2006
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    Classy Florida, way to leave your starters in that game well after the game was taken care of.

Would expect nothing less from those arrogant douche bags though.

Seriously, Meyer, they can go on and on about how him and Tebow are these great people and such, but I've seriously not seen folks with the lack of class these guys have.
    Oh, I have....remember when Miami was good? Fucking bastards.

I can't wait for Tebow to be drafted as a linebacker. Everyone seems to be looking for the next Mike Vick, without the dogs, and there just hasn't been one.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    after Northwestern's meltdown, I didn't think the SEC could get much luckier.

until Arkansas and that dirtbag fuck Bobby Petrino get a gift-wrapped win courtesy the ECU kicker.

tie game, 1 minute left, 37-yarder from the right hash. he hooks it off the left upright.

Arkansas gets the ball and not only does nothing with it, but they don't even keep the clock moving, so ECU gets it back in good position after a punt.

Pirates get it in position with 2 seconds left, 37-yarder, right hash. deja vu, all over again. determined not to hook it, the kid pushes it right. it never had a chance.

game goes to OT. ECU blows a couple shots at the TD, so they line up for the FG. 34 yards, left hash this time. kid pulls it to the left.

Arkansas makes the FG to win in OT.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...tell me that kicker doesn't want to crawl in a hole for the rest of his life...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    after Northwestern's meltdown, I didn't think the SEC could get much luckier.

until Arkansas and that dirtbag fuck Bobby Petrino get a gift-wrapped win courtesy the ECU kicker.

tie game, 1 minute left, 37-yarder from the right hash. he hooks it off the left upright.

Arkansas gets the ball and not only does nothing with it, but they don't even keep the clock moving, so ECU gets it back in good position after a punt.

Pirates get it in position with 2 seconds left, 37-yarder, right hash. deja vu, all over again. determined not to hook it, the kid pushes it right. it never had a chance.

game goes to OT. ECU blows a couple shots at the TD, so they line up for the FG. 34 yards, left hash this time. kid pulls it to the left.

Arkansas makes the FG to win in OT.
    That kicker attended the Nick Folk Field Goal Kicking Camp in the offseason.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    big win for Iowa last night. although I was pulling for the locals, the Iowa win capped off a great bowl season for the Big Ten.

I think the Big Ten was clearly the dominant conference during the bowls this year as their top four teams knocked off #'s 7, 9, 12, and 15 in the final regular season rankings after being underdogs in all four games.

after tomorrow night's game, 7 of the top 15 will have lost their bowl game. That's 4 out of 7 falling victim to Big 10 teams. pretty impressive.

maybe us native Midwesterners should start chanting "Big Ten" after victories like these SEC idiots. (....let's not)

from a practical standpoint, it will improve the Big Ten preseason rankings next year, thus improving my Bucks' perceived SOS. it also allows an opportunity to win the inevitable beauty-contest tie-breaker between either undefeated or one-loss teams that happens every year for the BCS title game. the Bucks had no chance in that regard after 06 and 07, until this bowl season. this is the only justifiable reason to pull for your conference rivals. but there's still no way I pull for Michigan - any place, any time.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    time to start talking Bama vs. Texas for tomorrow night.

who does everyone have? I've been leaning toward Texas, probably due to the overwhelming historic trend in favor of the #2 team. I think motivation, (perceived or real) lack of respect, big heads due to constant praise, etc are all HUGE factors for 20-year-olds. which is why #2 tends to fair better.

but if Bama's stellar defense can repeat Nebraska's effort, I don't see the Horns being able to hold the Tide under 14 pts or so. McCoy's gonna need to put 20-24 points up on that D for Texas to win.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they do it. Texas, 24-20.

alright, guys, step up...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well fuck, with McCoy out of the game...not much to watch after it looked like Texas was going to role because of idiot calls and fumbles...

Now Texas making a bit of a run...

but has to punt after an onside kick...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not one to say that Colt McCoy shouldn't play, to ensure a big paycheck...but...

...it sure looks like he can play...if it turns out to be a sprain...should he be holding out of the fucking national title game?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    apparently, god is gonna take care of him.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesus made me fumble....

anyway, apparently, it was a pinched nerve. so he had no feeling in his throwing arm.

what a damn letdown. watching that freshman getting initiated out there was unbearable. then, Alabama damn near gives the game away, until the kid turns it over again deep in his own end.

and another stay classy moment from Nick "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" Saban, up 31-21 when the kid throws ANOTHER pick with 1:45 left in the game. Bama could have just taken 3 knees, but they score another TD.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesus made me fumble....

anyway, apparently, it was a pinched nerve. so he had no feeling in his throwing arm.

what a damn letdown. watching that freshman getting initiated out there was unbearable. then, Alabama damn near gives the game away, until the kid turns it over again deep in his own end.

and another stay classy moment from Nick "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" Saban, up 31-21 when the kid throws ANOTHER pick with 1:45 left in the game. Bama could have just taken 3 knees, but they score another TD.
    You have to admit, Nick was playing Mr. Mack "run the score up" Brown. Bama has taken a lot of knees this year in games when they could have easily scored while other teams around the country were running scores up to improve their BCS ranking. A lot of those games they could have covered the spread in as well. You can say what you want about Saban leaving the dolphins and what a jerk he is but running the score up has never been his forte.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't give two shits about what anybody else does. I also could give a fuck about Texas. I just know what I watched last night.

Saban clearly got a gift last night with McCoy being out. That freshman was thrown out there to the wolves and had gift-wrapped 14 of Bama's first 31 pts. Plus, he cost Texas at least 7 more (settling for a FG on the first drive and costing a FG on his first INT).

Despite all that, Texas found themselves within 3 pts, with the ball, with three minutes left. Frankly, the whole Alabama team should have been embarrassed with themselves at that point. Outside of the second qtr, it was a pretty uninspired effort.

So, then the kid finally gives it up at the end of the game for the second time with that pick. Three knees and the game's over. I think you recognize that you got away with one and you get the hell out of Dodge.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First preseason poll I saw had 'Bama #1, and the Buckeyes #2...

tOSU shares many of the same traits as a team like the Steelers with regards to a fan base...cross-country-wise that is.

The nation was just waiting for tOSU to win a bowl game so they could back them again...and here we go.

Funny...saw several articles bashing the Big 10 for their "weak opponents." Funny how they don't go the other way when their bowl schedule is brutal...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny...saw several articles bashing the Big 10 for their "weak opponents." Funny how they don't go the other way when their bowl schedule is brutal...
    that doesn't make any sense at all. let me repeat this...

Big10 teams won bowl games over four opponents ranked in the top 15 of the final regular season polls

I'm not sure how much better you can do. their bowl schedule is brutal every year, because they have excellent bowl tie-ins. and it only gets tougher in years (most) when they get two teams in BCS games, as it slides everyone up a spot (3rd place team plays in 2nd place bowl, etc)

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    tOSU shares many of the same traits as a team like the Steelers with regards to a fan base...cross-country-wise that is.

Thread Information