Thread: Dave's biggest business blunder: calling his band "Van Halen"

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2015 @ 11:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave's biggest business blunder: calling his band "Van Halen"

I think the biggest mistake Dave ever made in his career was naming his band "Van Halen". It is Dave's band, so why did he name it after someone else? I know they were originally Mammoth, but if you are going to change the name change it to something other than the drummer's last name.

If Van Halen had been called something else, Ed would be forced to reunite with Dave to make more beer/drug money. Ed would have had to call his band with Sam something else (e.g. Moptop & The Alcoholic Sisters). Without the Van Halen name, Van Hagar would have been quickly forgotten, and 5150 or OU812 would have been the last major label release of their careers. There is no doubt about that.

It is sad to think that one business blunder on Dave's part (i.e. naming his own band band after the drummer) has resulted in the fans not getting what they want, Dave not getting what he wants and deserves, and Ed/Al/Mike being massively enriched by the genius and charisma of someone else (i.e. Dave).
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2004 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

C'mon already...its Friday, a three day weekend! Lighten up a little. Van Halen is, was and always will be David, Michael, Alex and Eddie. Anyone with a half a brain and a little discriminatory taste knows this. The rest of the flock would listen regardless of what the band was called. A name only goes so far.

That Van Halen still goes by Van Halen just shows they are now, always have been, and always will be stuck in the Dave Era. All of Dave's bands have had differnt names. A testament to his creativity and adaptablilty.

The fact that they survive off of Dave's music is good for Dave too. He is remember far more for what he did with Van Halen than his solo stuff. Plus if they ever did get their shit together and produce an acutal new album with Spam-there goes Dave's royalties.

When the time is right the REAL reunion will occur. If it never happens it means it just was not meant to be.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information