• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Battleship Chains from that album is a cover as well. The Georgia Satellites covered it on their first album.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The whole album is covers, as far as I know. Mostly old blues songs. Apparently the back story is that the REM guys were playing on Zevon's "official" solo album at the time, and they pretty much got drunk and did a bunch of covers for the Hell of it... and somebody eventually realized they might be able to sell it as an album. Wore out the cassette copy I had of the album. Took me years to find it on CD, as it had long been out of print at the time. Finally turned up in a local record store. Not sure if they ever did a re-issue or not.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        Battleship Chains from that album is a cover as well. The Georgia Satellites covered it on their first album.
        For me they are one of those bands where they only have one well known song and it's a cover.

Name other artists like that - Quiet Riot?

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hippy Hippy Shake?

I saw them that year, around Christmas. WMMS simulcast the show, it was a Sunday night. Found a recording of it a few years ago. A nice surprise.

They played Hippy Hippy Shake late in the set and 2/3rds of the crowd left right after.

Got to see Dan Baird twice over the last couple years. He's retired from touring.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Hippy Hippy Shake?

I saw them that year, around Christmas. WMMS simulcast the show, it was a Sunday night. Found a recording of it a few years ago. A nice surprise.

They played Hippy Hippy Shake late in the set and 2/3rds of the crowd left right after.

Got to see Dan Baird twice over the last couple years. He's retired from touring.
              Half the people who heard that song probably thought they wrote it. The original version was by some obscure Australian dude in the late 1950s. The Beatles played it in their Hamburg club sets, and during their live sessions on the BBC, but they never put it on an album. There was a one hit wonder band called "Swinging Blue Jeans" which had a hit in the UK & US, but of course they were long gone by the time Georgia Satellites showed up.

Georgia Satellites biggest hit was actually an original though. How could you forget this one?

Sounded like it COULD have been a Stones cover, but it wasn't.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Old Mr. Jackson!!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

They tried and tried to break.....and watched The White Stripes win with their concept. Covering the mighty Otis Redding.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Keef famously said, "Mick and I wrote the song, but Linda owns it" Two for the price of one!!

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Goddamn that woman could sing. Chuck still fucking with Keith about the bend lol

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

Time for the blues.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                          Keef famously said, "Mick and I wrote the song, but Linda owns it" Two for the price of one!!

You are two for two rustoffa. I had a crush on Linda Ronstadt back in the day. You could see the fir on my chest shake when my little monkey heart would pitter patter.

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Everything smells like horseshit! Down here on the fahm!!

It takes a lot of nerve to cover a UK SUBS song, but, they didn't care. The OG lineup of GnR giving it their best shot.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm telling you this guy is Freddie's fucking kid. He has to be. And better than fucking Adam LAMEbert in every way...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hard to believe Ann Wilson is 70. But her voice hasn't aged a bit....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...