X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

It kinda fits in a weird way here.....

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

All Female: Iron Maidens

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Found this while looking for an old Chris Farlowe tune (don't ask). Talk about a note for note cover, Rod Stewart was impressed enough to invite the band to perform the song with him on a tv special.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Funny how the Stereophonics guy doesn't try to sing so much like Rod (like he does on the record) when he's on stage with the real Rod.

Impressive cover though. If I heard it on the radio, I might have thought it was the original.

Now let's hear them do "Bad n Ruin" or "Sweet Lady Mary".

Actually, there does seem to be a FACES influence in the Stereophonics own material, upon further review......

Last edited by FORD; 05-06-2011, 01:29 PM.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

I don't have to show you people my Id. I know the Law friend.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

The amount of certifiably weird shit you can find at Youtube never ceases to amaze me. Case in point: This track was recorded for some sort of odd and obscure tribute album of Carpenters songs in the early nineties. This tune is pretty much what you'd expect, the typical dour take on a pop song that was all the rage a couple of decades ago. What does stand out is the uncanny way Johnette Napolitano's (Concrete Blonde) voice sounds like Karen Carpenter in places, giving off an almost eery effect that is fairly unsettling.

Last edited by chefcraig; 05-09-2011, 10:48 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've got that Carpenters tribute CD. Some interesting reinterpretations of their songs on there. I thought Shonen Knife put a different spin on this one.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This one oddly works as well.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

and well.... this song is just weird, no matter who sings it...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers still put on one Hell of a live show, but let's face it, they lost an essential piece of the puzzle when Stan Lynch left the band. They even used to let him sing once in a while....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And while we're on the subject of Tom Petty, here's one I never heard before tonight.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

The female lead sings.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-24-2011, 03:08 PM. Reason: She must be a Yankee Rose.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Just for the Canon. Hope I did not repeat. But it is the beach for me tomorrow for the weekend. Finally a piece of summer for me. Hello Thurman!

lol double post in the Edit...but hilarious video cover.

Escape the Fate - "Situations"Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/escapethefateTwitter: https://twitter.com/EscapeTheFateVisit us! http://www.epitaph.com/Sub...

Lol love the Mom's huge ta ta's hanging with the strippers. HA!
                                Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-28-2011, 09:51 PM. Reason: Video Cover! Made it easier for those that do not know how to Grey Control-C and Control-V into their browser. Roth On!

Comment

Working...