This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to Thank You.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• So what if the Sex Pistols did an Elvis cover? Well... half of the Sex Pistols anyway........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Ford I hope you will like this....least give me some feedback. You are my friend.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM. Reason: :) Happy Labor Day everybody!
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Sit down Waldo.

Comment

• Originally posted by chefcraig View Post
                The amount of certifiably weird shit you can find at Youtube never ceases to amaze me. Case in point: This track was recorded for some sort of odd and obscure tribute album of Carpenters songs in the early nineties. This tune is pretty much what you'd expect, the typical dour take on a pop song that was all the rage a couple of decades ago. What does stand out is the uncanny way Johnette Napolitano's (Concrete Blonde) voice sounds like Karen Carpenter in places, giving off an almost eery effect that is fairly unsettling.

damn....no joke! parts are extremely close.....
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by SunisinuS View Post
                  Ford I hope you will like this....least give me some feedback. You are my friend.
                  You know, I didn't realize who the singer was here until I looked up the band. Ty Taylor of "Rock Star:INXS" fame. Still think he got a raw deal on that show, and was a far better singer then that JD kid.

Like their approach.... kinda sounds like The Reverend Al Green showed up at Woodstock and booted Joe Cocker off the stage.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Comment

• This is cool...pretty much what it would sound like if the Beatles covered Stairway To Heaven.

Comment

• The try and the fail of the new kids:

Comment

• Sorry, FORD... But I can't help posting this cover of "Sharp dressed man", because of the drummer who goes hilariously weird while playing.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Many bands have tried to cover this song, but none have really done it justice. Except for one.....

...Hell, it might be better than the Stones own live version on Flashpoint.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• I saw the Stones in Paris in June 1990, during the tour that Flashpoint is a highlight of.
                              The band rendered the song very nicely IMO, but Mick's singing was too low, which weakened it IMO.

I don't think that it is the right thing to do for a band who covers another to try and sound the same, when
                              they don't try to literally impersonate the original.

Of course we have great examples in VH ("Where Have All the Good Times Gone", "You're No Good") of how
                              a band can grab a song and make it different, and better in addition.

Eric Burdon & WAR covered "Paint it Black", and if it might be a little long to stay tuned to it throughout, it is a
                              re-interpretation of the song, maybe a little too re-interpreting, but at least they don't just try to imitate the original,
                              and it brings something new and more or less (depends on how much you like it or not) pertinent to it.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• I do find this one entertaining....lol especially the borrowing of 50k from his daughter:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-22-2012, 08:27 PM. Reason: Billy Ray has quite the scream....maybe from raising Miley

Comment

Working...
                                X