X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
    Apparently to them it is not. If Fox did not exist, King Obama and his cabinet would have the media in their back pocket. His administration will not rest until they have wiped out any dissent toward his left of center methods on running this country. I see a dictator styled attack on talk radio and Fox news in the near future.
    Been wading in paranoid waters much?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

The Obahaahahaama adminstration obviously has...

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What gets me is that if Fox News is so concerned about being censored since they seem to be the only ones so vociferous about it then why hasn't Hannity or his propaganda-producing ilk been taken off the air yet? As in today? As in this very hour? After all, if Obama is anywhere near being the despot Fox claims he is why hasn't a few brown shirts of the Obama Administration knocked down the doors of Fox studios?

Oh that's right, better to twist to ratings then bend to reality.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thom Hartmann has made a couple of great points on this subject this morning....

First he pointed out that Dana "too much Cappucino" Perino (who now appears on FAUX, naturally) admitted just the other day that the BCE shut out MSNBC when they occupied the White House, so it's really hypocritical for Repukes to bitch about it now.

Also he mentioned that when Chimpy invited "talk radio" hosts to the White House, they were all right wing. Thom wasn't invited. Mike Malloy wasn't invited. Nobody associated with Air America was invited. Not even Ron Reagan, whose father used to live there, and is still considered the Repuke "messiah".

And what Mush/BecKKK/Hannity/O'Loofah/etc. do on the radio isn't news either.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Because they can't...

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Because they can't...
              Well, that explains everything.

Thanks.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                Commando
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                No, but it appears you drink alot of kool aid. Obama has hired a diversity czar by the name of Mark Lloyd. He has big plans on eliminating conservative voice from talk radio. He fully realizes there is very little demand for liberal talk radio, it doesn't make money. But come hell or high water he will force it into the mainstream markets. Mr. Lloyd is also a huge fan of Hugo Chavez. You are a very intelligent woman, so I am sure you know what Chavez is doing to the Venezuelan media or anyone who speaks ill of his government.

Comment

• thome
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                  I guess you already know this but I believe there is no paranoia...

Seems to be in reality about 80% of -ALL Media-... "Swings Liberal" (leftist) ,..Movies, Radio, Print Media, (Magazines/Newspapers), Music, (the ones who get the most promotion) Covers, Front Page, Lead Stories, TV Anouncers, 95% of all TV Shows, are all Liberal Bias..........etc......

The "Right Swing" or Belief System... seem to hinge solely with a couple, of Radio Guys, Fox News and of course -The- Ted Nugent....(Bless the Nuge).

"Media" speaking...'ly

Comment

• Big Train
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Thom Hartmann has made a couple of great points on this subject this morning....

First he pointed out that Dana "too much Cappucino" Perino (who now appears on FAUX, naturally) admitted just the other day that the BCE shut out MSNBC when they occupied the White House, so it's really hypocritical for Repukes to bitch about it now.

Also he mentioned that when Chimpy invited "talk radio" hosts to the White House, they were all right wing. Thom wasn't invited. Mike Malloy wasn't invited. Nobody associated with Air America was invited. Not even Ron Reagan, whose father used to live there, and is still considered the Repuke "messiah".

And what Mush/BecKKK/Hannity/O'Loofah/etc. do on the radio isn't news either.
                    Does Thom Hartmann remember the Bush White House openly going on a month long jag against MSNBC?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, but it appears you drink alot of kool aid.
                      I prefer when she drinks wine. Lots of tasty, delicious red wine...

Obama has hired a diversity czar by the name of Mark Lloyd.
                      Who gives a fuck?

He has big plans on eliminating conservative voice from talk radio.
                      He's not doing a very good job then...

He fully realizes there is very little demand for liberal talk radio, it doesn't make money.
                      Most talk radio doesn't really make that much money. It's just a relatively cheap way to fill lots of afternoon hours between the time when corporate "news-talk" radio stations pretend they're out gathering actual news...

But come hell or high water he will force it into the mainstream markets.
                      Most main stream markets already have Air America and the other one. So what does he need to force? Do you mean like how the Bush Admin tried to force NPR to run more right wing bullshit?

Mr. Lloyd is also a huge fan of Hugo Chavez.
                      Oh God NO!! Not that devil Chavez!! You'd of thought he flew an airliner into the WTC or something...

You are a very intelligent woman, so I am sure you know what Chavez is doing to the Venezuelan media or anyone who speaks ill of his government.
                      Overthrow a democratically elected leader in a CIA-backed coup? Oh wait! That was us...
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-20-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Big Train
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Are we all ready to brand Jake Tapper a traitor? Ford, lead the way...

Today’s Qs for O’s WH – 10/20/2009 - Political Punch

From this morning’s gaggle in White House press secretary Robert Gibbs’ office:

Tapper: It’s escaped none of our notice that the White House has decided in the last few weeks to declare one of our sister organizations “not a news organization” and to tell the rest of us not to treat them like a news organization. Can you explain why it’s appropriate for the White House to decide that a news organization is not one –

(Crosstalk)

Gibbs: Jake, we render, we render an opinion based on some of their coverage and the fairness that, the fairness of that coverage.

Tapper: But that’s a pretty sweeping declaration that they are “not a news organization.” How are they any different from, say –

Gibbs: ABC -

Tapper: ABC. MSNBC. Univision. I mean how are they any different?

Gibbs: You and I should watch sometime around 9 o’clock tonight. Or 5 o’clock this afternoon.

Tapper: I’m not talking about their opinion programming or issues you have with certain reports. I’m talking about saying thousands of individuals who work for a media organization, do not work for a “news organization” -- why is that appropriate for the White House to say?

Gibbs: That’s our opinion.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I believe I'm already on record as saying that ABC/Disney has been every bit as useless as FAUX as a "news" organization since the day Peter Jennings died. And Jake Tapper is one of the more blatant right wing tools on their payroll. (Chuckles Gibson and Snuffleupagus are still worse.) And their biggest neocon pig - John Stossell - literally just defected to FAUX, where he gets to waste his life on their "business channel" that even the right wingers don't watch.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

No, but it appears you drink alot of kool aid. Obama has hired a diversity czar by the name of Mark Lloyd. He has big plans on eliminating conservative voice from talk radio. He fully realizes there is very little demand for liberal talk radio, it doesn't make money. But come hell or high water he will force it into the mainstream markets. Mr. Lloyd is also a huge fan of Hugo Chavez. You are a very intelligent woman, so I am sure you know what Chavez is doing to the Venezuelan media or anyone who speaks ill of his government.
                            ~Geesh~ not the Kool Aid cliche.

For one I'm not a big fan of Obama and even though I voted for the guy, I don't agree with all he's doing. However, I do agree with most of your point(s). The reason why liberal radio has no market value (the failure of Air America being the prime example) is because there is no demand for it. To me, their talking heads from left such as Ron Reagan to Randy Rhodes can be just as disinformative, condescending and most of all, ego-tripping over themselves as the right the but truth is, they're not as entertaining.

Like I keep saying, these people (as in all on the left and right) serve their Maters no matter what their political view. And their Masters are whomever pays them to spout their slanted mush as long as they can get commercial sponsorship to keep their Masters happy (a money-profit cycle if you will). The left has yet to learn how this world works whereas the right has it down pat. Doesn't matter if Limbaugh is a obvious racist or Mark Levine can't speak two words of a sentence without YELLING at you, people, in their own fucked-up way find it amusing rather than informative, where the left can be informative but hardly entertaining. Now where do you think corporate advertisers are going place their dollars with? If there is anything the right is doing er, right its that they know how to ride a gravy train and I'll say that there is some animosity over this being spewed by the left.

As for Mark Lloyd being the "Chief Diversity Officer" of the FCC is hardly a laudable position to begin with and I'm not sure where he's coming from. He could be an Obama token for his civil rights stances who could be harboring a lot of animosity from right-wing talk for whatever reason but even with that said, I doubt he wants to censor anyone as much as he wants to be heard. While it's true that people who suddenly find themselves positions of power always have an agenda for themselves, Lloyd's ideal seems to be one of a "fairness doctrine" all across the airwaves despite what public opinion may be otherwise and that is something the Obama Administration can't handle (or at least they have yet to demonstrate to me that all of their ideas are for the greater good of the populace).

I'm not surprised the right is a wee bit paranoid about this. After all, there is a lot of friggin' money in right-wing talk radio if your ratings are stable and your audience lobotomized. And it appears to me that they are more worried about losing advertiser dollars then they are over what they have to say.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Back in the early 1990's Limbaugh was more or less comedy. I drove a delivery van that had nothing in it but a shitty AM radio, which only got two stations - a country station and the local right wing talk channel. But I needed something to keep me awake on the road, so I usually went with the talk radio. Way back before the Oxycontin warped his mind, you could actually laugh at Mush's ridiculous reactions to anything Bill or Hillary said or did. But now it's just mean spirited hate. And BecKKK and Hannity more hateful than the Pig Man himself.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Big Train
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Feel the same way about Olby. Watch him on ESPN Classic vs. what he is today. Two drastically different people.

Comment

Working...