Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kramer yellow & black EVH

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jackassrock View Post
    Careful!

Ed didn't like what he got when he cut parts off that guitar.

yup, i remember that as well...
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This guitar belonged to a guy I knew in a local band who died. Made out of solid unfigured maple, it weighs a ton.

I'm gonna use a standard 14" bandsaw, same as I used in the video for the mexican Tele tummy- and arm-cut reliefs.

The reason I waited to use a bandsaw, is the bandsaw tables will hold to the blade angle without deviation - if you use a jigsaw or a circular saw, the angle plate never really holds a good true 90* degrees when you're twisting the blade around hardwoods. Good for softwoods like fir or pine..
    Last edited by GAR; 12-02-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're still an idiot--

The thing probably sounds great (If you do in fact own it). And most of the guitar's sustain comes from behind the bridge. Don't cut it.
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking GAyR owned by the kid...AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan5150 View Post
    You're still an idiot--

The thing probably sounds great (If you do in fact own it). And most of the guitar's sustain comes from behind the bridge. Don't cut it.

We all know that's what in his own words "ruined" the tone Eddie loved about the Destroyer.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    More owns than a game of Call Of Duty, god damn!

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And most of the guitar's sustain comes from behind the bridge. Don't cut it.
    It was heavy as fuck, that's why I cut it. I don't care about sustain when I play as loud as fuck, too - I get natural compression: compressed air, bebbays!

Solid maple is one thing, solid Korina was a totally other thing and the Ibanez Destroyer suffered great losses when cut his.

First thing he did, was outline behind the traced line with connect-the-dots drill holes, then cut with a hand saw.

Then, he tried to chisel to the line, but you could still see the semi-circles along the line. This is why it's called the "Shark" because it's like a toothline. Or a tooth-decay line.

Be careful who you're calling idiot, I've been here ten years you haven't.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down I'm sure he's as underwhelmed with you as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Be careful who you're calling idiot, I've been here ten years you haven't.
    Being an idiot and getting owned by 14-yr olds the whole time...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When you're demodded next year you're auto-added to my Ignore User list, you know that right?>

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Safe bet YOU'RE not getting the gig...

Shall I hold my breath now or later?

Fuck off.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HA if they mod me in your stead, I'll link my entire rig and collection from Photobucket.

Then you can be a nice boy and quit the smurfing off at the mouth.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking Betting the 14-yr old has a better shot at it than you.

HA if they mod me in your stead
    You'll give out your password and get shit-canned, AGAIN?

It's SARGE's house, he can do whatever he wants, but betting no one in the online VH community (or anywhere else you post for that matter) will give you that chance again. Your resume speaks for itself, hack-magnet.

So how's about you stop trying to derail every thread and STFU already?

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Your resume speaks for itself, hack-magnet.
    My resume would explain why when I say "I play the radio" it means I already played enough guitar. Apparently you haven't but that's okay.

There's always the Innertnet for you to release your gems and v4.0 song developments..

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My resume would explain why when I say "I play the radio" it means I already played enough guitar.

There's no such thing as "already played enough", dude. If you're for real, to play is to live. But if you were you'd know that.

The entire Internet is tired of your troll shtick. Get a clue.
    'Bout time to start dumping this shit to your crybaby thread...wanna start a thread in feedback whining about it, or do you want to just dovetail yours into Thermos'?

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    to play is to live. But if you were [real] you'd know that.
    I found out last week that Knitting Factory is closed - kaput - and that without a buyer for the property for 2 years now, KeyClub is near bankrupt and may close its' doors for good in January.

Face it, fewer people go out for live entertainment, as clubs struggle to stay open in both a) a 17% unemployed economy and b) a multi-level competition for that discretionary, entertainment dollar as has never been before.

Work on that resume, get a house, get a girl and move on. You an always pickup the guitar later, or noodle on the weekend.

The age of rock is done for and you don't have to believe me on it. I saw it coming in '96..

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Work on that resume, get a house, get a girl and move on. You an always pickup the guitar later, or noodle on the weekend.
    If you're capable of multitasking, why not do it all? If you ever have to "pick it up later" you weren't that into it to begin with. Plus there's that whole "15 years of RUST" thing you're admittedly dealing with literally and as a player...but to each his own.

And no, I'm not talking about playing the Knitting Factory as one's ultimate goal...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No you said "to play is to live" and with fewer places to play out in, my point is that the effort to keep a dedicated group together is more a losing battle than ever before.

If I pick up guitar I for sure want to do so before arthritis sets in and I can't do hammering or trills properly anymore.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No you said "to play is to live" and with fewer places to play out in, my point is that the effort to keep a dedicated group together is more a losing battle than ever before.

If I pick up guitar I for sure want to do so before arthritis sets in and I can't do hammering or trills properly anymore.
    You missed both my points. To play is to live, means it's like BREATHING...something you HAVE TO DO, not whether or not you're gigging.

And forget arthritis, if you haven't played in 15 years, before you even get to that you've got muscle atrophy to deal with too...

I notice as I get older longer warm-up periods are indeed helpful; it's harder to just pick it up cold and be all Shreddy Kruger and shit...but a 15-year layoff? That's longer than VHF150 (claims to) has been alive!

Not "harassing" you (as you so wrongly and in a manner most ghey accused elsewhere), but seriously - could you even play a major scale cleanly at this point without sounding like a trainwreck?

You're probably looking at months of woodshedding...that's what happened to a friend of mine in LESS than that...he did the live-at-the-job thing, finally cracked a (high) six-figure income, but he REGRETS the hell out of not touching it for years. So did a lot of my friends I saw at that reunion gig over the summer. They hate themselves for giving up their instrument(s), not club gigs.

But since I'm here to help, want me to post some scale and arpeggio exercises in your coming out of retirement thread?
    Last edited by jhale667; 12-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, I am almost 15; will be turning 15 in March. Mhm.

But anyway, am I the only one that thinks we ought to get back on topic?

I mean, owning Gar and him owning himself is funny and all, but can't we just talk about the Bumblebee Frankenstrat?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

But anyway, am I the only one that thinks we ought to get back on topic?
    No, you're not.
    By ALL means, yes back on topic. Unfortunately there's a few sociopath trolls here that exist merely to derail threads and get owned by everyone including themselves.
    And they cry when you dump their off-topic posts.

I mean, owning Gar and him owning himself is funny and all, but can't we just talk about the Bumblebee Frankenstrat?
    Sure, did you wanna talk about the REAL Bumblebee, or the imitation that BT originally started this thread about?

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You missed both my points. To play is to live, means it's like BREATHING...something you HAVE TO DO
    Stop arguing with the fuckstain J, the people that matter get your point.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    Stop arguing with the fuckstain J, the people that matter get your point.
    Point taken...sometimes he needs to be face-planted into the sidewalk, though.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You missed both my points. To play is to live, means it's like BREATHING...something you HAVE TO DO, not whether or not you're gigging.

And forget arthritis, if you haven't played in 15 years, before you even get to that you've got muscle atrophy to deal with too...

I notice as I get older longer warm-up periods are indeed helpful; it's harder to just pick it up cold and be all Shreddy Kruger and shit...but a 15-year layoff? That's longer than VHF150 claims to has been alive!

Not "harassing" you (as you so wrongly and in a manner most ghey accused elsewhere), but seriously - could you even play a major scale cleanly at this point without sounding like a trainwreck?

You're probably looking at months of woodshedding...that's what happened to a friend of mine in LESS than that...he did the live-at-the-job thing, finally cracked a (high) six-figure income, but he REGRETS the hell out of not touching it for years. So did a lot of my friends I saw at that reunion gig over the summer. They hate themselves for giving up their instrument(s), not club gigs.

But since I'm here to help, want me to post some scale and arpeggio exercises in your coming out of retirement thread?
    Jesus I feel guilty if I skip a couple days of playing......

I have the same problem as far as warming up and if I stop playing for a month or more it seems to take twice as long to get up to speed......the funny thing is, the mind knows what to do but the muscles just can't respond quick enough when you're out of playing shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wink It's kinda hard to keep a thread on topic when it was about a $300 knockoff, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Jesus I feel guilty if I skip a couple days of playing......
    I know! Can't even imagine going without playing for years....
    Like I said, if you have to quit to focus on your job, girl, whatever - you either can't multi-task, or you weren't that into it to start with.

I have the same problem as far as warming up and if I stop playing for a month or more it seems to take twice as long to get up to speed......the funny thing is, the mind knows what to do but the muscles just can't respond quick enough when you're out of playing shape.
    Yep, like an athlete (or someone who suffered from temporary paralysis), once muscle-memory's gone and atrophy's set in, you have to REHAB before you can function normally again (if ever!). The only even remotely cool thing about taking a couple of days off is you may come up with some idea or play something you normally wouldn't were you following your usual practice routine because of the slight change in mindset, but you can throw that one out the window after years...not gonna happen.

But in an effort to keep this thread on topic, we should probably continue this part of the discussion in Failboat's "I'm a quitter who's having second thoughts years later" thread...

So....BT, did you ever actually get the aforementioned $300 Kramer Bumblebee knockoff?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah....wouldn't want to be accused of derailing a thread

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking Making the attempt...lol!~

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Yeah....wouldn't want to be accused of derailing a thread
    Exactly, exactly.

OK, ONE thing I do notice about this thing...is it just me, or does it seem like the volume knob is in a sorta non-functional location?

Too far back to comfortably do volume swells...and this is coming from a guy with Arsenio Hall-esque crazy long fingers....

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking Let's compare and contrast...

I still like the original Bee's paint-job better...and as I've stated previously it was the guitar that made me want to play guitar originally, before I'd even really heard VH...

Notice the location of the volume-knob on the original...could easily be grabbed with your pinky while strumming...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly, exactly.

OK, ONE thing I do notice about this thing...is it just me, or does it seem like the volume knob is in a sorta non-functional location?

Too far back to comfortably do volume swells...and this is coming from a guy with Arsenio Hall-esque crazy long fingers....
    You six-stringer's like that volume knob right by the bridge pick-up......nice thing about drums....no volume knobs

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    I like my knob a little lower. Too close and I hit it with my pick hand when I'm in the groove. I can stretch that pinky a bit to reach it. I drill my own holes on my Warmoth bodies to get my comfort level.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    I drill my own holes on my Warmoth bodies to get my comfort level.
    Same here. I'm very picky about their placement.

That one just looks like it'd be hard to reach quickly.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    I like my knob a little lower.
    That's what she said.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To your father? Yes, i'm certain.

GAR, please stop trying to A) Derail threads B)Be a fucking troll.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kid, there's a certain assumed familiarity amongst us on this site that is a part of its' culture.

Look throughout all other forums, if we had no derailing and trolling and attention-whoring this sites db would be a third its current size.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down Troll rationalization...FAIL.

Kid, there's a certain assumed familiarity amongst us on this site that is a part of its' culture.

Look throughout all other forums, if we had no derailing and trolling and attention-whoring this sites db would be a third its current size.
    You say that like it would be a bad thing. Like it excuses your bullshit. Getting rid of that (mostly your) crap would be like throwing out the dead-half of a warm beer that no one at the party wants.

STFU.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you are no longer mod will you still visit to post? I'd miss that.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    j/k you can go throw yourself off Pacific Palisades for all I care.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs down FUCK off and stay on topic.

If you are no longer mod will you still visit to post? I'd miss that.
    I'd still be a more valuable poster than you.

Shall I move your shit to your troll-dump crybaby thread now, or do you wanna keep going for a few?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No shit!

Where is Arielle Bot when you need her...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Please feel free to delete that offtopic'd post, though Sarge would not approve of that one gone either.

And quit fucking up not-yours' site with deletions.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Right after you quit fucking it up with your trolling, midget sociopath prince of plywood.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    AND There is nothing sociopathic about that post..

Thread Information